ms NOORDAM IV *VIRUS ALERT*

AAAAmerican

VIRUS ALERT

Just off the ms Noordam IV today 12/06/2006 AD

There has been viral alerts aboard and NO HANDSHAKING ALLOWED too.

A thorough cleaning as well spraying and praying was commenced today after the full ship docked in NYC, NY.

Signage aboard the SHIP alerted everyone as well the NO HANDSHAKING ALLOWED signage too.

Yes people were using there elbows even at then HAL MARINER AWARDS Mid-Morning Ceremony. Captain, HotMan, CD etc...

((NO COMPENSATION, in any form, was given))

The mechanical problems as well were observed by many passengers.. The Captain on one day was on the daily PA Address System about that.

It was one stabilser aramature which caused the big stability problem .

The Master and Captain said then EGR. Dept corrected it.

((I sure hope there PODS work well now too...*YIKES))

Just an heads up for everyone here, for a wonderful ship and crew too.

More later::::::::::::::::::::::::::rolleyes:

VIRUS ALERT

Yes people were using there elbows even at then HAL MARINER AWARDS Mid-Morning Ceremony.

((NO COMPENSATION, in any form, was given))

why would you or any pax expect compensation for something that was caused by an ill passenger and not by hal

everyone is using every excuse to try and get a free buck

Sorry, I guess yoru American English skills are lacking. I know my spelling posting is..

All I wanted to show is that NONE was given and/or offered.(Period)..

I do not nor ever did have any expectation of your mentioned statement ::

why would you or any pax expect compensation
:eek:

As has been know HAL usually as of late especially does not provide much, if any compensation for anything even gross errors as CC has provided a Large Four Thread Major area on the errors and ommissions.... not the insurance most reputable TA carry.

Sorry son I never heard of a

free buck
as you, lougee1043 said..>? eh.

free buck for something that was caused by an ill passenger and not by hal

everyone is using every excuse to try and get a free buck

This sounds over-alarmist to me. No handshaking is no big deal---it's been that way on several cruises when there was no virus aboard.

It's a preventive measure.

Or are you saying that there was enough sickness aboard to be called "significant"? If so, then come out and say it.

What mechanical problem? Was it fixed? What problems did it cause until it was fixed?

Is there any reason to suggest you "hope" the pods work well "now"? Did they stop working on your cruise?

Thanks for updating us on your ship experience. I note some people were quick to "comment" but ignore those posts. We should be encouraging information like this rather than picking your message apart.

As for the Norvo virus, I have never understood why cruise ships have not gone to "touchless washrooms". No door knob to open and close, no faucette to turn off or on.... just automatic everything. The public washrooms on a ship with the volume of passengers must be part of the problem.

Have a great one triple AAA.

Griswalds

Sorry, I guess yoru American English skills are lacking. I know my spelling posting is..

Sorry son I never heard of a as you, lougee1043 said..>? eh.

dont worry about my english skills -- you have enough problems of your own ==================and you dont know me well enough to call me son ----------please show a little basic respect to the other posters

I agree with the Griswalds - give the guy a break. He is not the first one to come back from a cruise to report about a "viral alert" and he probably mentioned compensation/lack of compensation because you just know that someone would jump in and ask about it anyway. To his credit he did mention a wonderful ship and a wonderful cruise.

To misquote one of John's comments on an earlier post - as someone in L.A. once said: "please people, can't we all just get along?" I wonder whatever happened to that guy - most likely back in the hoosegow:D .

Valerie (standing by waiting for the flamethrowers):)

I forgot to mention that I also agree with the Griswalds about the "touchless washrooms: they are so prevalent here in southern California that whenever I go into a restroom, stick my hands under the faucet and no water comes out I immediately think the faucet is broken. Boy, do I feel stupid when I realise it's an old system and I actually have to turn the faucet on.

Valerie:o

I guess there are some people that live in glass houses and if someone throws a stone at it the glass does not break but as of to date I haven't met any and I for one certainly am not one of them.

For myself I wish to thank AAA or anyone else for the information given to us on these boards.It allows me to better be prepared for my much anticipated trip.

If anyone wants to flame me for my views be my guest.I am old enough and mature enough to take it.

emmy

To misquote one of John's comments on an earlier post - as someone in L.A. once said: "please people, can't we all just get along?" I wonder whatever happened to that guy - most likely back in the hoosegow:D .

Valerie (standing by waiting for the flamethrowers):)

Oh yes, been back in and out of the gray bar hotel so many times after that incident that his head's still spinning

We were in Code Red our first couple of days on the Zaandam at the end of July. We washed and washed and washed and pushed buttons with elbows and didn't touch the handrails and used the Purell everytime we saw it and carried our own and used it. It was a pain but so much better than becoming ill. I feel terrible for anyone who has had their vacation ruined by this illness.

I had what I'm sure was Norovirus a few years ago. I sang in a Christmas choir concert on a Sunday evening at 7pm. After the concert, I came home and had a snack at 10pm and by 10:45pm was sicker than sick. (It amazed me how fast it hit. Almost literally you feel fine one minute and horrid the next.) The next day we were supposed to drive out of state to my sister's home for Christmas. My husband and children loaded the car and got everything ready to go, and I managed to make my way to the van about 2pm that afternoon. I couldn't have been more miserable. I wouldn't wish Noro on my worst enemy! The miracle is NO ONE ELSE got it. No one. We were very lucky. It's a horrible, horrible virus.

Robin

We should be encouraging information like this rather than picking your message apart.

Information like what? There isn't any solid information. In the original post 3A uses bold and underline to emphasize a virus alert. An alert!---note that nowhere in the OP is it mentioned that there was any incidence of norvo on the ship.

There is an oblique mention of a stabilizer problem---but no solid information explaining what the problem was, how long it lasted, impact on the ride.

Then last there is a message of "hope" that nothing goes wrong with the pod. Since there is absolutely no reason given to think there should be any problem with the pod then posting such can only serve to upset anyone not reading carefully.

So---3A these are my questions:

Was there any incidence of norvo during this cruise?

Were there any precautions other than signs requesting no handshaking?

What was the problem with the stabilizer? What effect did it have on the Noordam's ability to provide the cruise reasonably expected under existing sea conditions? Was the problem fixed? If so, how long did it take?

Is there any reason to believe that there is a problem with either or both Noordam pods?

Ummm.... Obviously there are a few posts that have been removed, such as #'s 1, 2 and 3. At least I can't access them. Just wondering what's going on!

Carlalena:

Is AAA American on your "ignore" list? The first three posts are either by him, or quoting him. If he's on your "ignore" list, I believe you can't access or view his posts. Just a guess on my part.

Karin

I just returned from the 11/25 Noordam sailing myself. My first Hal cruise, number eight overall, five different cruislines. Will give my take on things in a separate post.

By the way, it took me all of two days to peg who quad A, Mr. all american was, without really trying.

I was feeling fine the entire 11 days, although it was far from a smooth sail, with many complaints heard in the breakfast line about sea sickness.

many complaints heard in the breakfast line about sea sickness.

LOL! Pay the least bit of attention and those kind of complaints will be heard on every cruise! Last year on the Noordam when I was on the elevator I listened to two women complaining about how "rough" it was. I couldn't feel the ship moving. She does ride well.

Archived