Wine Prices on Board Ship

CaribbeanBound

:) Hi, I spent 25.00 on a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio. Crisp, not too sweet, not too dry...one of my favorite types of wine.

Not sure what is less in price but that (in my opinion) was a good price.

Now, if you want to go up from that price, there are tons of choices;) .

The two they have, Greg Norman and Peter Lehman are $31 and $33 plus the 15%. Those are the only ones I remember. For $28 to $31 you can get something decent to nice but I don't think much cheaper. I think Lois found a bargain! The Celebrity labeled wines were $31.

We've found you can get the cheaper white wines in the low $20s. However, if you're looking for moderate Reds (Merlot, Shiraz), I think you'll be paying upper $20s to $30s and up. Bring a couple of bottle you like and have them charge you a corkage fee ($20?) - you'll probably still save money.

Just take a case of Ripple, it only costs $15.00, unscrew the cap, and chug it down just before dinner, you'll get twice the buzz, and no corkage fee, how can you go wrong?

(disclaimer: I don't like the new smilie guys, take this post at face value!)

Does Celebrity offer the wine packages like RCCL does? We always found this the best way to go. White wine with everything, I say.

Well I have to disagree with you on this one Cruise Cat, the last time I cruised Celebrity, the hamburgers were burnt to a crisp, normally I drink red wine with my red meat, but, I didn't see any red meat, so I did shots, it didn't improve the meal, but boy, did I feel good!

I just registered on cruise critic. I'm not quite sure how to post a question on this site. We (my wife & 2 sons, 18 & 21) leave for cruise to Bermuda on Saturday on Empress of the Seas. It's our first cruise & first trip to Bermuda. Does anyone have any insight on this ship, & tips in general? I came across some reviews of the newly renovated ship, & was a little underwhelmed. I'm hoping it was an exception rather than the rule.

I know this isn't a reply to the other sender's email but wasn't sure how to post a question.

I am attempting to get a complete wine list from Celebrity Milennium in order to give wine classes next January in the carribean. I will be able to suggest wines after I receive it. If anyone likes good food,wine, exercise and historical info, see newportstylecruising.com for a unique concept in theme cruises.

I am attempting to get a complete wine list from Celebrity Milennium in order to give wine classes next January in the carribean. I will be able to suggest wines after I receive it. If anyone likes good food,wine, exercise and historical info, see newportstylecruising.com for a unique concept in theme cruises.
The wine list is the same on all Celebrity ships. For a complete list from the Galaxy go to http://cruiseclues.com/galaxy/galaxywinelist.htm

This gives a complete list of all wines available on the ship. There are some fairly good inexpensive wines available($20-30 range). They also serve wine by the glass but if you have more than one it's better to get the bottle. They may have updated since last year but this will give you an idea of what's available.

I got tired of paying $25 for a bottle of wine that we can get for $6 at home. I now bring along a few moderately priced bottles ($10-$20) of wines we enjoy or want to try and end up paying about the same (on average after the corkage charge) and drinking better wines.

Ksoxman: You'll need to ask about the Empress of the Seas on the Royal Caribbean board. Click here. We sailed on it twice back in the early '90s. I like that size ship. I'm not sure exactly what was changed in the refurbishing.

Anyone have a good example of the wines and approximates dining room prices for the Celebrity ships?

Is there such a thing as a good $20 bottle of wine on board?

We had a bottle of red for about 23.00 and a glass of house cab. was 6.50 Lorelle

Hey Winepro!

Just curious if you have any info about teaching wine classes on cruise ships? I am also a wine educator and have always wondered what the application process was and what you get in return. Can you direct me to a place to offer my credentials and services?

Corkage fee was $20. We brought 2 bottles from home but the wine steward didn't charge us the corking fee in lieu of a tip at the end (his suggestion). One night he suggested a Chardonnay from Chile that was $21 and it was excellent (I think it was Santa Carolina but not positive). We had ordered 2 glasses of wine which would have been $16 so he suggested a bottle instead.

I had just checked that. I think perhaps his wine steward was a little free with the truth. Trying to make a deal for a tip instead of corkage and then inflating the corkage to get a bigger tip! I've been on 3 X cruises this year, always take wine and have never paid more than $12. Wait a minute, I think I've been on 4 this year! Man am I having a good time! :D

Archived