Who's Interested in Cruising on Mariner when it Repos to LA

All speculation at this time.........BUT, IF the Mariner does indeed get repositioned over to California...........the cruise would have to include going around the horn....since it just won't fit through the canal. RCI would most probably do it in segments........my guess is three.....

1. Florida to Sao Paulo Brazil
  2. Sao Paulo Brazil to Valparaiso Chile
  3. Valparaiso Chile to LA

So............anybody out there ready to take a cruise?

All speculation at this time.........BUT, IF the Mariner does indeed get repositioned over to California...........the cruise would have to include going around the horn....since it just won't fit through the canal. RCI would most probably do it in segments........my guess is three.....

1. Florida to Sao Paulo Brazil
  2. Sao Paulo Brazil to Valparaiso Chile
  3. Valparaiso Chile to LA

So............anybody out there ready to take a cruise?

How very nice of you to start a list!

Rosie and I would be very interested in one, two, or possibly all three parts...Depending of course on price!

Fantastic idea to start a list! :)

BILL

How very nice of you to start a list!

Rosie and I would be very interested in one, two, or possibly all three parts...Depending of course on price!

Fantastic idea to start a list! :)

BILL

I have to admit......I did have help.........in fact, I was actually hog tied and gagged!:p

We would consider it. Can you make sure that they do it after 9/08 and not during my scheduled TAs - PLEASE. :D

I'll do all 3 segments and stock up on the OB credit and balcony discounts and C&A points, too. This sounds better and better all the time.

We would consider it. Can you make sure that they do it after 9/08 and not during my scheduled TAs - PLEASE. :D

I'll do all 3 segments and stock up on the OB credit and balcony discounts and C&A points, too. This sounds better and better all the time.

Rumor has it that it would probably not happen until early 2009...........but that is a rumor, remember.

Do you realize that if somebody did all three segments, that is if they do it in three segments...........stayed in a JS........you would get 3 credits per segment..............9 credits by the end of the cruise..........1 short of Diamond.

hey count us in as the perenial Wannabes:p we could get to be D+ that much faster!!!! course my sister Becky swears she will not ever sail out of Miami again, but......

It would most probably leave from Port Canaveral.

The repo would begin in Pt Canaveral, not Miami. It's to end in L.A. in Mid-March, so it would begin in early Feb '09, most likely. I can't do the repo, but I'm looking forward the roundtrip Mexico cruise in April '09.

The repo would begin in Pt Canaveral, not Miami. It's to end in L.A. in Mid-March, so it would begin in early Feb '09, most likely. I can't do the repo, but I'm looking forward the roundtrip Mexico cruise in April '09.

I really hope that this does happen and that you folks on the West Coast get a larger ship to enjoy.

Depends on price, but this would be wonderful for Gene and I. We will be celebrating our fifteenth that year and have talked about a cruise. I could sip the older two to my friend in So. Cal to watch and the younger two to Grandma. We could be alone. Without children.

I think I'm starting to hyperventilate.

Nancy

Who worships her kids, but sometimes four kids, two special needs and two in diapers are a bit much.

It would most probably leave from Port Canaveral.

well that's better than Miami

we can't do early Feb, would have to be after the third weekend in Feb. maybe that can be the post rodeo 2009 trip??!!! guess we would have to catch 1 of the later legs

Depends on price, but this would be wonderful for Gene and I. We will be celebrating our fifteenth that year and have talked about a cruise. I could sip the older two to my friend in So. Cal to watch and the younger two to Grandma. We could be alone. Without children.

I think I'm starting to hyperventilate.

Nancy

Who worships her kids, but sometimes four kids, two special needs and two in diapers are a bit much.

Can't think of a better anniversary present to each of you than a repositioning cruise on Mariner. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that it happens.

What a great romance novel this would make!;)

I have to admit......I did have help.........in fact, I was actually hog tied and gagged!:p

That hog tier had better pay for all 3 legs of the cruise for causing you so much pain ;) I hope you make all 3 legs if Mariner does get repositioned...... I hope she gets replaced with another like ship. Mariner is a Gem and I will hate to see her go

I really hope that this does happen and that you folks on the West Coast get a larger ship to enjoy.

I'll second that!!:D

I would also like to put in a request for some different Riviera ports, tired of only having cabo, Porto Vallarta, and Mazatlan to choose from.;)

I don't want Mariner to leave PC:( :( :( but would love to go on one of those legs(if financially possible)...........I just booked the last New Years Eve outta Pt Canaveral on her.......but I might switch for the repo.....

That would be quite an itinerary. Patti, how long do you think the itinerary would be. Wow, that would get many of us well on our way to whatever else is next after D+.

I am definitely interested as to whether I can actually do it, well we shall see.

Annieeee

That hog tier had better pay for all 3 legs of the cruise for causing you so much pain ;) I hope you make all 3 legs if Mariner does get repositioned...... I hope she gets replaced with another like ship. Mariner is a Gem and I will hate to see her go

Now there's a thought............and we're not even related.........until now!!;)

That would be quite an itinerary. Patti, how long do you think the itinerary would be. Wow, that would get many of us well on our way to whatever else is next after D+.

I am definitely interested as to whether I can actually do it, well we shall see.

Annieeee

Oh my gosh...........that's a great question. It would probably depend on how speedy they want to make it from Florida to Brazil and how many ports in the Caribbean, if any, would be included. They could also end the first leg in Rio.

From Sao Paulo Brazil/Rio to Santiago would take 14 days, if they included all the ports that are currently on the Radiance and Splendour itineraries. Then from Santiago to LA would be another 15 days, if they include all the ports like Radiance is doing in April of 2009 repositioning back to the west coast.

So you've got at least 30 days once you hit Brazil to the West Coast. Add in the days from Florida to Brazil...............so could be as many as 42-44!:eek:

I think it would depend on how attractive they want to make the itineraries for each segment. And since it is summer in South America starting in December-January..................the possibilities are endless.

Wherever did you get the idea to START A LIST:D

Count LB and I in. I figure if we can do 29 we can do 35 not much difference. Wonderful idea by the way to START A LIST:D

I had nothing better to do...........;) Anyways........I'm like putty in his hand!! And.......he hasn't even shown up yet to express an interest.

We would be there! Sheila.....we could consider the 29 days as practice !

Hey Sheila and Sandy, practice makes perfect............and we should know quite a lot about South America after next March/April.

Archived