I need a picture!

Shoreguy:

Some friends of my moms want to share an inside stateroom on the Dawn next year. There will be two couples (four people) and they are in their 60's. I have tried to explain to them what the configuration of the room is when it is set up for 4 people. (pull out bed in middle and pullman down) but they want to save money and share and I don't think comprehend how small the room would be for four!

Do you have a picture of an inside (or even an oceanview) room set up for four with the bed out and pullman down so I can show them.

Thanks

Shoreguy:

Some friends of my moms want to share an inside stateroom on the Dawn next year. There will be two couples (four people) and they are in their 60's. I have tried to explain to them what the configuration of the room is when it is set up for 4 people. (pull out bed in middle and pullman down) but they want to save money and share and I don't think comprehend how small the room would be for four!

Do you have a picture of an inside (or even an oceanview) room set up for four with the bed out and pullman down so I can show them.

Thanks

Keystone, I'm not shoreguy but is this the picture you wanted?? This is the one where they changed the orginal config to this one. Remember the bed at the top was between the side beds?

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2752587760099991182tnPzsf

Shoreguy:

Thanks

I have the nightmare for you :eek:

772170869_3rdBed.jpg.21baa7571a78f2969d626a4425478b18.jpg

• Administrators

"There were three in the bed, and the little one said 'roll over, roll over' -- so they all rolled over..." and the one by the wall was smushed flat! That's beyond cozy! Can you imagine being the one in the top bunk and having to make a potty trip during the night (a not uncommon occurrence for both men and women in their 60's... 50's.... and <sigh> 40's as well)!!? "I'm sorry, would you all get up, get out of bed, and move that middle bed so I can climb down -- now stand there and wait, I'll just be a minute...." <shudder>

Good luck with your persuasive powers, Keystone -- on the other hand, if they decide to go for it in spite of this photo -- PLEASE help them file a review here!! :)

Oh, Keystone, help them look for a special deal on two interior double cabins. I can't imagine a week like that with four of them sharing .... I'd never seen that pic before and it's positively scary.

Wow:eek: I was invited to go on a cruise with a friend of mine and her DD and DD's friend. Sharing an inside cabin. Instead, I talked my DH into going with me at a different time. Couldn't be happier now!:D

Keystone ~

They would DEFINITELY have to go with the "U" shape beds. Much better than 3 in a row:eek:

Also, you may have to suggest "musical beds".

The last one to hit the restroom must move to the pullman, etc., etc.;)

Not sure the U shape is much better

505547226_3rdbedUsmall1.jpg.9abcfb54a9e51566a53dca5e7a5936a8.jpg

Keystone, I'm not shoreguy but is this the picture you wanted?? This is the one where they changed the orginal config to this one. Remember the bed at the top was between the side beds?

Thank you. I hadn't seen that configuration, it isn't quite as bad as the nightmare, but close. I still can't see a 60 something year old scrambling in and out of the top bunk!

I have the nightmare for you :eek:

That's exactly what I was looking for. Maybe now we can convince them!

Good luck with your persuasive powers, Keystone -- on the other hand, if they decide to go for it in spite of this photo -- PLEASE help them file a review here!! :)

In case they do file a review, I want to make sure they don't call it a "nightmare" which it would be if they took this room for four!

I cannot even imagine having 4 adults in a room! I was on the Star in June in an inside cabin, and for 2 adults it was fine. I noticed there were 2 more beds and I cringed thinking about more people being there, esp. adults! Don't do it!!

We were in a quad inside on the Spirit last year with our 2 kids who were 11 and 8 at the time. We will not cruise with the 3 lower and 1 upper bed configuration again unless the cabin is much bigger than what we had (149 sq. feet). We knew the cabin was set up like this and thought that it would not be that bad. We were wrong. I cannot imagine 4 adults in the cabin we had.

We still had a great cruise and made the best of it.

Oh my goodness! My family of 4 shared this cabin on the Golden Princess and we thought we were cramped. Looks positively spacious in comparison.

By the way, we are looking to cruise with NCL next, so thanks for the pictures.

attachment.php?attachmentid=34730&d=1168733857

Archived