How to post large picturs in reply

gnparend

I thought I was fairly computer literate but this is a new one on me. I have also wondered how to paste a snapshot in the this text box. You won't think I'm literate at all when I ask this question but what do you mean "paste the img code???" And, I bet that there are a bunch of other people out there who are wondering just the same thing - ha!

This picture is stunning!

I agree..very peaceful. Thanks for sharing.

Do you know where it is from exactly?

Laura

That is Hubbard Glacier last week with the Celebrity Mercury in front of it. I was on the Serenade and they came in as we were leaving. We had a gorgeous day, with a few of those high little clouds floating by.

I thought I was fairly computer literate but this is a new one on me. I have also wondered how to paste a snapshot in the this text box. You won't think I'm literate at all when I ask this question but what do you mean "paste the img code???" And, I bet that there are a bunch of other people out there who are wondering just the same thing - ha!

Hopefully I can explain this. You go to http://www.photobucket.com, sign up for a free account. It will show blanks with browse next to it. You choose your picture and upload it. Once it is uploaded there are going to be a column of different address codes, under the picture. You can "edit" the picture for sizing or whatever you choose. The bottom one of the column of codes will say IMG code. Click on it once and it will copy it. Then go back to Cruise Critic to what ever thread you are trying to put a picture on and type your response. Right click and say paste where you want the picture. The picture is then put in there. Hopefully this makes sense but if it doesn't I will try to clarify.

You can paste right Webshots....

Find the photo you wish to use.

In the link to this picture section (right side of page 1/2 way down)

Click the little box that has a 500 above it.

Copy the text in the "link to a forum" area.

Paste the text in the massage area of your post to cc

2069775630080875955S500x500Q85.jpg

Bingo you have a photo in your post!:D

BILL

So for all this time I have not been seeing pictures in the posts, only the URL for the .jpg. I could click on it and get the picture, but not in the post.

This thread made me go to my USER CP and check out the OPTIONS. I see there that I can choose to show images, or not show images. (Frankly, now that I have figured it out, I am going to go back and reset it to NOT showing pics again. I prefer to choose whether to use up that much space or not.)

;)

Amommy,

Good job, though if you want to show the whole picture you need to resize it a bit smaller. If you are using Photobucket go to edit (above the picture) and the resize, choose the option for Message board, 640 x 480 and it will ask "are you sure" say yes and then copy the code as explained above.

Just testing to see if I have it right

GetThumb;jsessionid=9F0EC01CFFE6C837F55C3D2C140BDFB3?455548158,300x400,0,0,null&cb=PW&guest=true&key=gnparend&toh=m&svr=web32

Ok Think I've Got it Thanks Sue L. I think if you know html code all you need is the url to the picture on any photo site or even to your own PC which would be suicide and you can post it. Photobucket does provide the code for you on the screen so a cut & paste works. Having worked in IT for 30 years I could figure it it with your help.

For those who want to try from their own photo sites

Go To the picture on your photo site

Right click while your cursor is on the picture and select "properties" on the dropdown

Place cursor in front of the url address and Highlight the "address" the entire url

Press CTRL C

Return to the CC text box (have it open and ready first)

Press CTRL V

Then in front of the address you just copied type and at the end type of url address type [\IMG] there is no spaces between the two html code words and includes the brackets and the url you copy.

Oh FYI this is Mt McKinley or the locals call it Denali

What ship and room type is this? I presume a GS or OS? None of my rooms look that good.:rolleyes:

That room is amazing! What ship, and what kind of room is it???

It's not my picture but I think I can answer the question. And not because I've stayed in it. I wish! :D

If you right click on it and then click on properties you will see the title of the photo is GrandSuiteExplorer. So I'll go out on a limb and guess that it is a Grand Suite on Explorer. ;)

Archived