Difference between Oceania and Azamara?

murphysmum

Hello...

I've just booked our first cruise with Oceania....also first trip to New Zealand/Australia.

In February we had our first experience with one of the old Renaissance ships...the Azamara Quest. We had an aft cabin on deck 8 and loved everything about our experience.

I couldn't find another Azamara itinerary that was calling to me so I've just booked January 2010 (actually same cabin) on Oceania's Nautica. The itinerary takes us from Auckland to Sydney. I've read and heard only good things about Oceania.

Everything about the ship looks lovely to me. I'm just curious if there are any Oceania cruisers who've also experienced Azamara and what the differences are. I believe that I once read that Oceania has more "perks". I'm not sure what those might be and I'll really be quite happy with a lovely ship, great itinerary and the friendly people we've found who seem to populate the smaller cruise ships.

Thanks for any information you might be able to share.

Happy sailings...

murphysmum;)

There have been sevaral threads disussing this topic on both O and A sites.

This is one of them:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=836716

This is another one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=809231

and another one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=16274264#post16274264

Try a search on both sites.

Hi...

Thanks for taking the time to post the information. Very helpful!

I had tried a search, but clearly didn't put in the correct info. Yours was perfect!

murphysmum;)

You are welcome - enjoy your cruise!

Maybe you will let us know how they compare in your opinion?

Hi Murphysmum,

You're in for a treat! I can't really comment as to a comparison between Oceania and Azamara, except to say that the ship's are very similar. The Oceania ships have Penthouses throughout the entire Deck 8, whereas Azamara had to convert about 50% at a later date.

However, the itinerary you have chosen will be most enjoyable. We sailed the Inaugural to the Land of Oz in January of 2008 and had a wonderful time, as did our fellow passengers.

Auckland is a great city to start your voyage - and your ports along the way should please you. We especially enjoyed Dunedin and Melbourne, and the cruise into Milford Sound was perfect.

While I can't help you on comparisons between both lines, should you have any other questions on the itinerary, I'd be pleased to help....

:cool:

What is a packy burger you ask? Be warned - the taste will remain with you for days until you break down and satisfy your craving again. In the Waves Grill you can choose from several burgers, including a packy burger, which is a hamburger topped with short ribs and blue cheese. Thankfully calories do not count when you are cruising!

What is a packy burger you ask

Packy Burgers are FANTASTIC, and of course, the fries at Waves are the best at Sea! We also love their Coleslaw, and their Carrot salad is.........are you sensing a theme here? :)

The Texan Burgers are amazing too!......bacon, onions & bbq sauce

The Cuban Sandwich is as good as they are in Miami, and their Fish Sandwich (is it Mahi Mahi?) is great great great! (try the cilantro dipping sauce!)

Wow, I could go for one right now! Who am I kidding? I could go for a couple right now ;)

back to the "q' about the real difference.. well same ships of course..

and have to admit Azamara does a devine job.. pampering is my thing and it didn't stop on A..

just a month ago left my favorite "other home' on O ,and well..that was pretty hard to beat too...

so it's a tie. :D at the moment...

Archived