Has Oceania released the discounted pricing today?

MGT2007

I called Oceania directly this morning and was told that the prices would not be available until this afternoon. I still haven't seen anything but then again maybe all voyages slated for 2009 are not subject to the discount.

It has just been posted on the Oceania website:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=4342f770-2ada-46bc-a559-2cf29b6f29d5&PromoUID=d2be55c2-b331-46c0-a3d1-394a010828e1&PromoTypeUID=dac5c8bf-359c-406d-a330-7d35f17dba4e

< Back to Promotions

Oceania Cruises' Fifth Anniversary Historic Price Reductions

2009-2010 Winter Collection

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new 2009 - 2010 Winter Collection of Sailings in conjunction with our Fifth Anniversary Promotion of up to $1,500 Price Reduction Off 2 for 1 Cruise Fares with Free Airfare per stateroom, as follows:

$500 Off per stateroom for cruises 10+ days

$1,000 Off per stateroom for cruises 12-24 days

$1,500 Off per stateroom for cruises 25 days+

PLUS: $500 per stateroom shipboard credit

PLUS: Free Prepaid Gratuities

3rd and 4th Guests at 50% Off | Single Supplement is 25%

*Applies to all stateroom categories excluding OS and VS. Reservations must be made directly through your travel agent or our Reservations Department.

Promotion above applies to all sailings below:

Route of the Ancient Traders

Istanbul to Singapore | November 10, 2009 | 40 Days Aboard Nautica | New!

Amazon Adventure

Miami to Miami | November 28, 2009 | 25 Days Aboard Regatta

Samba Rhythms

Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires | December 10, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Insignia

Southern Cross Holiday

Singapore to Sydney | December 20, 2009 | 18 Days Aboard Nautica

Samba Rhythms

Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro | December 22, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Insignia

Islands in the Sun

Miami to Miami | December 23, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Regatta

South American Splendors

Rio de Janeiro to Valparaiso | January 3, 2010 | 19 Days Aboard Insignia

Islands in the Sun

Miami to Miami | January 4, 2010 | 10 Days Aboard Regatta

Splendors of Down Under

Sydney to Auckland | January 7, 2010 | 16 Days Aboard Nautica

Passage to Panama

Miami to Los Angeles | January 14, 2010 | 12 Days Aboard Nautica

South American Splendors

Valparaiso to Rio de Janeiro | January 22, 2010 | 19 Days Aboard Insignia

Splendors of Down Under

Auckland to Sydney | January 23, 2010 | 16 Days Aboard Nautica

Coral Seas and Asian Jewels

Sydney to Bangkok | February 8, 2010 | 21 Days Aboard Nautica

Passage to Panama

Los Angeles to Miami | February 9, 2010 | 16 Days Aboard Regatta

Samba Rhythms

Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires | February 10, 2010 | 12 Days Aboard Insignia

Grand Circle of South America

Buenos Aires to Rio de Janeiro | February 22, 2010 | 40 Days Aboard Insignia | New!

Caribbean Pearls

Miami to Miami | February 25, 2010 | 12 Days Aboard Regatta

Exquisite Empires

Bangkok to Beijing | March 1, 2010 | 24 Days Aboard Nautica

Caribbean Pearls

Miami to Miami | March 9, 2010 | 12 Days Aboard Regatta

Journey to Iberia

Miami to Barcelona | March 21, 2010 | 14 Days Aboard Regatta

Imperial Explorations

Beijing to Hong Kong | March 25, 2010 | 15 Days Aboard Nautica

Vintage Crossing

Rio de Janeiro to Barcelona | April 3, 2010 | 15 Days Aboard Insignia

Connoisseur's Collection

Hong Kong to Athens | April 9, 2010 | 35 Days Aboard Nautica

**Up to $1,500 discount is per stateroom on new bookings only, based on double occupancy and applies to stateroom categories G through A1 only and is not combinable with any other offers. 3rd and 4th Guests are at 50% off | Single Supplement is just 25%. Offer expires March 31, 2009. All fares listed are in U.S. dollars, per person, based on double occupancy and include Non-Discountable Fares. Government Fees and Taxes of up to $8 per guest per day for 2009-10 sailings are additional. Fares do not include Cruise Ship Fuel Surcharge, handling and security charges. Air Taxes, Air Fuel surcharges, and Fuel surcharges are estimated by Oceania Cruises at the time of sale; Air Taxes and Air Fuel surcharges are based on previous taxes and fuel surcharges levied by air carriers traveling to your destinations.

View Promotion Terms & Conditions

----------------------------

Notice that no Mediterranean or Northern European itineraries are included. (Those are the ones for which true luxury lines like Silversea typically charge double per diem to Oceania.) So this first batch of sales will likely "rebalance" price differentials in the cheaper geographic locations (where Oceania has hitherto been less advantageous). This is a step in the right direction!

And as inside cabins have the same amount of discount as an A1 (which is often double a G cabin), and the prices include airfare (though not air taxes, etc.), it makes those inside cabins particularly worthwhile, and good for folks normally on mass market lines who want to have a taste of Oceania for a first time.

Notice that no Mediterranean or Northern European itineraries are included. (Those are the ones for which true luxury lines like Silversea typically charge double per diem to Oceania.) So this first batch of sales will likely "rebalance" price differentials in the cheaper geographic locations (where Oceania has hitherto been less advantageous). This is a step in the right direction!

And as inside cabins have the same amount of discount as an A1 (which is often double a G cabin), and the prices include airfare (though not air taxes, etc.), it makes those inside cabins particularly worthwhile, and good for folks normally on mass market lines who want to have a taste of Oceania for a first time.

Sorry for "jumping the gun", we apologize. Oceania has just added the following on their website in the last several minutes:

-----------------------------

Oceania Cruises' Fifth Anniversary Promotion - 2009 European Collection

In celebration of our Fifth Anniversary, enjoy a $2,000 Price Reduction Off 2 for 1 Cruise Fares with Free Airfare per stateroom on 18 of our 2009 European Collection sailings. 3rd and 4th Guests 50% | Single Supplement is 25%. Reservations must be made directly through your travel agent or our Reservations Department.

Promotion above applies to all sailings listed below:

Venetian Odyssey

Barcelona to Istanbul | April 4, 2009 | 14 Days Aboard Regatta

Radiant Legacies

Classical Empires | May 31, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Insignia

Enchanted Escapade

Athens to Rome | June 5, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Nautica

Aegean Adventures

Athens to Istanbul | July 23, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Nautica

Mediterranean Tapestry

Venice to Barcelona | July 26, 2009 | 14 Days Aboard Insignia

Classical Empires

Istanbul to Rome | August 4, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Nautica

Enchanted Escapade

Rome to Athens | August 16, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Nautica

Aegean Adventures

Istanbul to Athens | August 23, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Insignia est

Enchanted Escapade

Athens to Rome | September 4, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Insignia

Aegean Adventures

Istanbul to Athens | September 9, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Nautica

Mediterranean Tapestry

Venice to Barcelona | September 28, 2009 | 14 Days Aboard Insignia

Historic Reflections

Barcelona to Athens | October 12, 2009 | 10 Days Aboard Insignia

Whispers of Antiquity

Venice to Istanbul | October 17, 2009 | 14 Days Aboard Regatta

Radiant Legacies

Venice to Athens | October 17, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Nautica

Radiant Legacies

Athens to Venice | October 22, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Insignia

Aegean Adventures

Athens to Istanbul | October 29, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Nautica

Mythical Medley

Venice to Rome | November 3, 2009 | 12 Days Aboard Insignia

Mediterranean Classics

Rome to Barcelona | November 15, 2009 | 10 Days Aboard Insignia

** $2,000 discount is per stateroom on new bookings only, based on double occupancy and applies to stateroom categories G through A1 only and is not combinable with any other offers. 3rd and 4th Guests are at 50% off | Single Supplement is just 25%. Offer expires March 31, 2009. All fares listed are in U.S. dollars, per person, based on double occupancy and include Non-Discountable Fares. Government Fees and Taxes of up to $26 per guest per day for 2009 sailings are additional. Fares do not include Cruise Ship Fuel Surcharge, handling and security charges. Air Taxes, Air Fuel surcharges, and Fuel surcharges are estimated by Oceania Cruises at the time of sale; Air Taxes and Air Fuel surcharges are based on previous taxes and fuel surcharges levied by air carriers traveling to your destinations.

View Promotion Terms & Conditions

< Back to Promotions

I am confused.

I am looking at the European cruises.

Are the prices listed on the linked to page already fully discounted?

I assume the listed discounted prices are the "2 to 1" prices since they appear to be around 50% off the full book rate.

But is there another $2,000 discount to be take off the listed price? (per cabin)

And am I to assume that the air travel is free?

Thanks,

Vance

copied and pasted from Oceania's website (I added the *** to highlight the key phrase)

** $2,000 discount is per stateroom on new bookings only, based on double occupancy and applies to ***stateroom categories G through A1 only*** and is not combinable with any other offers. 3rd and 4th Guests are at 50% off | Single Supplement is just 25%. Offer expires March 31, 2009. All fares listed are in U.S. dollars, per person, based on double occupancy and include Non-Discountable Fares. Government Fees and Taxes of up to $26 per guest per day for 2009 sailings are additional. Fares do not include Cruise Ship Fuel Surcharge, handling and security charges. Air Taxes, Air Fuel surcharges, and Fuel surcharges are estimated by Oceania Cruises at the time of sale; Air Taxes and Air Fuel surcharges are based on previous taxes and fuel surcharges levied by air carriers traveling to your destinations.

The 2009-2010 Winter Collection promotion does include the Penthouses.

Oceania's footnote and Sharicruz6's statements are not consistent. Perhaps Sharicruz6 has some information we don't have!

It has just been posted on the Oceania website:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/T_MainContentPage.aspx?PageUID=4342f770-2ada-46bc-a559-2cf29b6f29d5&PromoUID=d2be55c2-b331-46c0-a3d1-394a010828e1&PromoTypeUID=dac5c8bf-359c-406d-a330-7d35f17dba4e

< Back to Promotions

Oceania Cruises' Fifth Anniversary Historic Price Reductions

2009-2010 Winter Collection

We are pleased to announce the launch of our new 2009 - 2010 Winter Collection of Sailings in conjunction with our Fifth Anniversary Promotion of up to $1,500 Price Reduction Off 2 for 1 Cruise Fares with Free Airfare per stateroom, as follows:

$500 Off per stateroom for cruises 10+ days

$1,000 Off per stateroom for cruises 12-24 days

$1,500 Off per stateroom for cruises 25 days+

PLUS: $500 per stateroom shipboard credit

PLUS: Free Prepaid Gratuities

3rd and 4th Guests at 50% Off | Single Supplement is 25%

*Applies to all stateroom categories excluding OS and VS. Reservations must be made directly through your travel agent or our Reservations Department.

It is a bit confusing but does say in the first part except OS & VS so that would mean that the PH are included ...to my way of reading it

Oceania's footnote and Sharicruz6's statements are not consistent. Perhaps Sharicruz6 has some information we don't have!

Oceania Cruises' Celebration of Savings | Historic Price Reductions

2009-2010 Winter CollectionWe are pleased to announce the launch of our new 2009 - 2010 Winter Collection of Sailings in conjunction with our Fifth Anniversary Promotion of up to $1,500 Price Reduction Off 2 for 1 Cruise Fares with Free Airfare per stateroom, as follows:

• $500 Off per stateroom for cruises 10+ days
  • $1,000 Off per stateroom for cruises 12-24 days
  • $1,500 Off per stateroom for cruises 25 days+
  • PLUS: $500 per stateroom shipboard credit
  • PLUS: Free Prepaid Gratuities
  • 3rd and 4th Guests at 50% Off | Single Supplement is 25%

*Applies to all stateroom categories excluding OS and VS.

Shari

CCC Member

Now I find out where the problem lies. I was referring to the European collection while Sharicruz6 was referring to the Winter collection. So we were talking about different things -- I misread her posting, sorry! Too many different rules for different things .. moew!

Vancedailey was talking about European cruises, and then cruisemaven mentioned PH minsuites, I didn't pay attention to the "Winter Collection" term in Sharicruz6's reply. That led to my mistake!

I am trying to compare the prices we paid on our upcoming Jan 22 2009 cruise on the Nautica with the same cruise on the Nautica for 2010. Although there are "give-backs and discounts" of about $1900 per cabin, it seems to me that the fare is about that much higher in 2010. Unless I am mistaken, there is no spectacular bargain on the cruise that I looked at.

Perplexed

Danny Weitz

Yesterday the special pricing was loaded and visible in Oceania's reservation system online and was reflected in the final price once a cabin # was selected. When I called to ask about a particular cruise I was interested in and to verify price, the rep said they would honor the special pricing (before the 7th).

Kathleen

Yesterday the special pricing was loaded and visible in Oceania's reservation system online and was reflected in the final price once a cabin # was selected. When I called to ask about a particular cruise I was interested in and to verify price, the rep said they would honor the special pricing (before the 7th).

Kathleen

How do I access the reservation system on line? Cant find it when I go to Oceaniacruises.com

How do I access the reservation system on line? Cant find it when I go to Oceaniacruises.com

Go to "my cruise planner" log in or sign up then do a booking until you see the cabins & pricing Then you can book it or cancel

Oceania.com does provided pricing, but you need to follow several links to get to it.

To access the reservation system, you have to be signed in. If you haven't created an ID and password account, you have to do this first.

Then sign in, go to the destinations page, select a month, then date from the calendar.

Click on the popup link for the date and ship.

This brings up the itinerary of the cruise.

On the top right side of the page, click "reserve this cruise", then fill in the info requested to get to cabin selection.

You'll have to fill out several pages of info before you get to the pricing with taxes and fees is shown.

You don't actually have to book the cruise to find out about the prices, just logoff after you are through:)

I have received the new pricing and there are some bargains to be had in all categories EXCEPT PH VS and OS.

Clearly Oceania think that thoise that want that little extra in tems of space should still pay the full price.

I am really disappointed in the attitude.

Brian

Clearly Oceania think that thoise that want that little extra in tems of space should still pay the full price.

Brian-

I think it mis states the facts to say that an Owners, Vista or even the Penthouses are just "a little extra" when compared to a standard cabin.

They are a lot nicer.

Not only are they SO much roomier, but there is the butler to consider......and we mustn't forget "priority tendering" ;)

If we were comparing the difference of a grade B cabin to a Grade A Cabin I could see your point, but on the R ships, the suite life is very very sweet.

Archived