Bringing soda and bottled water

lrt718

This is our first cruise. I have been reading a lot of message boards -- but still am wondering - On RCCI, can you purchase soda and water, at a market in San Juan before boarding the ship -- will they let you bring it on? Thanks for your advice...still trying to get organized and figure out the whole cruising adventure.:)

they will not let you bring any drinks onboard the ship atleast i had to throw mine away when i boarded in san juan but i did bring soda in my suitcase and drank it onboard while i was walking around the ship and noone said anything to me.

So long as the drinks are unopened (i.e. sealed) and are not alcoholic they do permit them to be brought on.

I was just wondering about bottled water today. I have a water bottle I like to use when I'm catching some sun, I'd like to take some bottled water on board to fill it daily.

On a side note...hoytarchery999...my brother shoots for hoyt and from Pa as well. :)

cool is he shooting the 3D course at the sportsmans show in harrisburg ill be there friday shootin.

You will not be permitted to bring on an "Open" water bottle - or coke bottle, etc. They are concerned that it could be used to smuggle alcohol. You will be forced to leave that behind.

Unopened water bottles, sodas, juices are permitted

We have always brought a full case of water and a 12 pack of cokes in our checked bag, we have a large duffle bag with wheels that works great for this. After it is empty, we have room in that bag for our souvenirs etc. We keep the cardboard from the case of water and bring packing tape too in case we buy something breakable like shells or carvings that we need to wheel off the ship with us. As long as it is not opened they have not said anything to us ever. We have just put a luggage tag on a case of water and had it directly delivered with our bags too. Bringing a brita with refillable bottles is a good idea, might try that sometime, that is what we use at home.

Archived