Voyager Compensation Package

le tilleul

The captain has just made a general announcement that Regent will be refunding the cost of the segment between Singapore and Dubai to all passengers. Details will be sent to each individual suite. The passengers are more than delighted and all are now talking of booking future cruises with Regent. The entire mood of the ship has changed from general disappointment and complaints to elation. If this turns out to be even close to what actually happens Regent has done wonders to insure its reputation as a company that cares about its customers. They still do not know what will happen with the next segment but are hopeful that the engineers from the company that built the Pod will be able to complete repairs fast.

Good for Regent! Few lines will do a full reimbursement. Celebrity is the only other one I can think of offhand. Most will give credits of some sort for missed ports. This will pay off, too, for Regent in customer loyalty and good PR. Win/win.

If this is true, and I have no reason to suspect otherwise, then Regent is acting just as it would have before the "take over" and that in itself is very reassuring.

Well done Regent management. Since the majority of passengers on board are undubtedly SS members, they are paying attention to their past and future business.

There are also offers in writing to all those booked and boarding in Dubai. There are multiple choices from moving to the Mariner, to a full refund, to a compensation if accepting a contemplated revised itinerary and details of additional compensation if this itinerary should change again. They are also helping with any other costs such as air that may have been arranged. Sometimes in the end the passengers are very happy with the outcome of these events.

The captain has just made a general announcement that Regent will be refunding the cost of the segment between Singapore and Dubai to all passengers. Details will be sent to each individual suite. The passengers are more than delighted and all are now talking of booking future cruises with Regent. The entire mood of the ship has changed from general disappointment and complaints to elation. If this turns out to be even close to what actually happens Regent has done wonders to insure its reputation as a company that cares about its customers. They still do not know what will happen with the next segment but are hopeful that the engineers from the company that built the Pod will be able to complete repairs fast.

Le tilleul, I am glad you were the one to announce this, as I remember well that you (even as a Regent veteran) seemed more than disspointed at what was happening, understandably so, as you had come a long way to take your cruise. But I'm not surprised at the reaction of the passengers. After20+ cruises with Regent, (never one more than 14 nights, I'm not a WC person!) I've had a few "blips", mostly minor, starting with my first one scheduled on the Navigator back in her maiden year. The whole cruise was canceled due to a mechanical problem, don't even remember what it was. Each time, I have felt that Regent was MORE than fair with its guests when a problem arose, whether it was a missed port, late arrival for disembarkation, whatever. Starting with the first one, their policy of being fair is what brought me back, and I came back again and again. That, and my mostly problem-free cruises! I look forward to many more!

And, I pray they are able to fix the problem with the pod in Dubai!

I'm not surprised at all by Regent's response, given their history. We too have been more than fairly compensated for a relatively minor cruise blip in the past.

What has been surprising is the doubt and suspicion that preceded the offers, both by us here on the board, and apparently by pax on the ship. To me, this means that Regent had lost some of the trust of its loyal passengers. I believe that this very generous gesture will do a lot to repair that trust.

The captain has just made a general announcement that Regent will be refunding the cost of the segment between Singapore and Dubai to all passengers. .

This is good news. As I said on one of the other threads relating to this voyage, I have friends onboard for whom this is both their first cruise and a surprise 50th birthday present for one of them...I now don't feel quite so guilty for steering them towards this sailing as it was a choice between the Voyager and Silver Whisper, and I thought they would find Regent a better fit than Silversea.....

Anne

Archived