Are you happy with changes to C&A Program

Are you happy with the changes to the C&A program.  

970 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the changes to the C&A program.

• NO
    • Yes
    • I'll wait and see
    • Not bothered one way or other

Diamond + members and suite guests. Now, they can enjoy the CL without overcrowding.

I suppose - but I'm not. Like me, most D's worked to earn this perk and it's not fair that the rug should be pulled out from under them. (I'm not talking about those who haven't earned it and are just piggy backing on others.)

Diamond + members and suite guests. Now, they can enjoy the CL without overcrowding.

Paul: While we are in fact D+, most of our cruise friends are Diamond...... This will directly impact many D+ members. Part of the 'experience' is the social setting!!! While some are "looking forward" to the 'exclusivity', I can honestly state that is NOT the case for all of us. ;) :( :eek:

Bruce

I'm a diamond plus member and I usually travel in a suite above JS...I am not happy...it seems to me that RCI had a real nice incentive for folks...and many worked really hard to get those last few cruises to become diamond members (not that they didn't enjoy the cruise...but they probably would have postponed the cruise if they knew this was coming)...It seems if you had this privilege and now it's being taken away...it would take a lot of steam out of your sails and you would be more likely to maybe try and build yourself up in other cruise line incentive programs.

I think those who are now in the program should be grandfathered in...but I guess this is the choice RCI has made...I just feel bad for all those diamond members who are really disappointed and perhaps quite angry.

What makes you so sure that the Diamond Plussers won't be next. I mean, first they get rid of the Diamonds (whose numbers are much greater than the +'s) after that dies down, wouldn't it be just as easy to get rid of them as well? Sure would make the suite guests happy.

Oh and how long before the Diamond Lounges on the newer ships become the "Suite Guests Lounge".

Last year when I called the C & A people about a situation I was told "Oh, being Diamond really isn't a big deal anymore". Why am I not surprised by the cuts?

This is just another hit to its long term loyal customers. It certainly won't end here.

I imagine the Platinum/Diamond balcony discount will be next to shrink or disappear entirely.

I'm a diamond plus member and I usually travel in a suite above JS...I am not happy...it seems to me that RCI had a real nice incentive for folks...and many worked really hard to get those last few cruises to become diamond members (not that they didn't enjoy the cruise...but they probably would have postponed the cruise if they knew this was coming)...It seems if you had this privilege and now it's being taken away...it would take a lot of steam out of your sails and you would be more likely to maybe try and build yourself up in other cruise line incentive programs.

I think those who are now in the program should be grandfathered in...but I guess this is the choice RCI has made...I just feel bad for all those diamond members who are really disappointed and perhaps quite angry.

My thoughts exactly. We were thrilled to finally reach D status last year and to have the CL benefit taken away is very upsetting. The main reason we've sailed almost exclusively with RCI is to reach D status (we're not even close to D+) so this change will definitely make us take a closer look at other lines, especially ones with much more appealing itineraries.

What makes you so sure that the Diamond Plussers won't be next. I mean, first they get rid of the Diamonds (whose numbers are much greater than the +'s) after that dies down, wouldn't it be just as easy to get rid of them as well? Sure would make the suite guests happy.

Oh and how long before the Diamond Lounges on the newer ships become the "Suite Guests Lounge".

Last year when I called the C & A people about a situation I was told "Oh, being Diamond really isn't a big deal anymore". Why am I not surprised by the cuts?

This is just another hit to its long term loyal customers. It certainly won't end here.

I imagine the Platinum/Diamond balcony discount will be next to shrink or disappear entirely.

Now THAT would be the end of RCI cruises for me :(

Yes, alot of us have worked hard to become a Diamond member before the changes. I'm booked to Bermuda in Oct. on the Grandeur that would have made me Diamond and I did it the hard way 7,9 and 11 day cruises. Well no more loyality here. Were now changing our booking in Oct to Canada on the Princess and saving about $700.00. I've wanted to try Princess so I guess now it's time and in January were going to book Carnival Dream instead of Freedom.

As we cruise more and more, we encounter people that we've cruised with before and want to spend time with. They have tended to be Diamond members (we are DP). I would rather pay for my drink in the Schooner or Champagne Bar than hang out in the CL with strangers.

I see all the whining about lost perks and wonder what world these people live in? A company stock plumits to $5.65 from over $40.,bank problems and lack of avaliable financing for future builds. Costs continue to rise while attendence faulters and a company has to find ways to attract more customers and lower costs. As a small business owner I completely understand the bind a company can be thrust into given this economic climate. I can only believe RCL has resisted ANY change but the economic enviroment dictates the necessity for change. Instead of bashing a company for trying to save itself people decide to kick it when its down. It's sad that there can't be more understanding of the position RCL finds itself in this unprecidented times.

As for us we will continue to sail with RCCL and enjoy the "EXTRAS" what ever they offer. But it is still the cruise I enjoy not merely the perks.:cool:

I see all the whining about lost perks and wonder what world these people live in? A company stock plumits to $5.65 from over $40.,bank problems and lack of avaliable financing for future builds. Costs continue to rise while attendence faulters and a company has to find ways to attract more customers and lower costs. As a small business owner I completely understand the bind a company can be thrust into given this economic climate. I can only believe RCL has resisted ANY change but the economic enviroment dictates the necessity for change. Instead of bashing a company for trying to save itself people decide to kick it when its down. It's sad that there can't be more understanding of the position RCL finds itself in this unprecidented times.

As for us we will continue to sail with RCCL and enjoy the "EXTRAS" what ever they offer. But it is still the cruise I enjoy not merely the perks.:cool:

As a business owner who has suffered in this tough economy, we have cut back extensively within to stay afloat. Our customers have always been and always will be our number one priority. We are offering more deals and incentives than ever before for both long time and new customers in an effort to keep their business. I know RCI needs to do what they need to to stay above water, but to screw over loyal customers such as myself is unacceptable.

So when RCI makes cutbacks and changes the rules on customers, they're just acting in their economic interests. But when it comes time for the customer to make a choice that's in their best interests financially, we're urged to be more "understanding". :rolleyes:

Understanding is to business what crying is to baseball. Heh.

As a business owner who has suffered in this tough economy, we have cut back extensively within to stay afloat. Our customers have always been and always will be our number one priority. We are offering more deals and incentives than ever before for both long time and new customers in an effort to keep their business. I know RCI needs to do what they need to to stay above water, but to screw over loyal customers such as myself is unacceptable.

I don't go through life thinking people or companies are out to "screw" me. I look at the situation at hand and realize everything is different. Times always dictates action. A complex set of problems has no easy answer and more than a few angonizing choices are at hand. Look at the backlash just on these boards and see the choice they made has had reprocussions. I would give whom ever is at the helm the benifit of the doubt that this decision was made trying to do the least amount of damage to the company. I choose for the itinery first and if RCL fits my travel plans than great. But to choose a cruise for a prize is like buying a cereal for the prize inside. I'd rather enjoy for the taste rather than the prize.

But to choose a cruise for a prize is like buying a cereal for the prize inside. I'd rather enjoy for the taste rather than the prize.

Here I would agree with you, if not for the fact that RCI is pretty expensive when compared to the other mass market lines. Part of that is because their product (so I've heard, at least-- I've only cruised with DCL and RCI) is above average when compared to other lines, but I know a lot of the increased price also has to do with the fact that their loyalty program has historically been so superior to that offered by other lines. Cutting out parts of the loyalty program while leaving prices the same is what I think is creating the problem here-- JMHO.

I don't go through life thinking people or companies are out to "screw" me. I look at the situation at hand and realize everything is different. Times always dictates action. A complex set of problems has no easy answer and more than a few angonizing choices are at hand. Look at the backlash just on these boards and see the choice they made has had reprocussions. I would give whom ever is at the helm the benifit of the doubt that this decision was made trying to do the least amount of damage to the company. I choose for the itinery first and if RCL fits my travel plans than great. But to choose a cruise for a prize is like buying a cereal for the prize inside. I'd rather enjoy for the taste rather than the prize.

I don't go through life thinking people or companies are trying to "screw" me (sorry if my language offends you) either but as someone who has spent over 35K on RCI cruises over the last five years only to have benefits (namely the CL) taken away is upsetting, to say the least. I love RCI but after this move I feel my business is not appreciated and will be looking at other lines in the future.

Archived