Taxi time in LA

Izziebella

And when do we have a perfect traffic day in southern California? It takes about 25 minutes travel time to get to LAX from the Long Beach cruise terminal and 20 minutes to get to LGB. The bigger difference is the route to LAX is more prone to congestion, plus the eternal mess that exists at LAX. LGB is very small, not very modern (there is construction there right now to modernize the terminal) and much more pleasant to deal with. Taxi will be $45 (one way + tip) to the cruise terminal, flat fee. Shuttles typically run less, look around this forum for suggestions. Personally, I use www.karmel.com as though they are not s cheap as some, they give far better service than the cheap ones.

Enjoy

Ron

I hope you have noticed that the above posters have given you the times for TWO different ports in "Los Angeles."

The Long Beach port generally only has Carnival, but I have recently seen a picture of a HAL ship docking there. The Los Angeles or San Pedro port handles just about everything else.

From San Pedro to either LAX/LGB is about the same distance/drive time on a Sunday morning--about 30 minutes--if there isn't anything odd going on -- like freeway closures due to construction, accidents, etc.

From Long Beach, it is again about 30 minutes to LAX, but probably 20 to LGB--again with the caveat that there isn't anything odd going on--then you are probably better going to LGB as the surface streets are a viable alternative from the port, but isn't to LAX.

But--you will be a carpool and will have the carpools available to you.

I hope you have noticed that the above posters have given you the times for TWO different ports in "Los Angeles."

On another thread the OP said Carnival so I gave times from Long Beach.

And in the title of this thread, OP said "LA" so I assumed San Pedro, hence my reply. :)

I can fly in and out of LAX or Long Beach. The cruise returns on Sunday morning, can anyone tell me how long the taxi ride might take going back to these 2 airports on a Sunday morning.

The issue to be careful on when planning your flights is what time you will be off the ship, and that can vary quite a bit should the ship arrive to port late or if you have a delay in the ship being cleared. If you are flying out of LAX pick a flight 1:00 PM or later.

For Long Beach you can get an earlier flight because of its proximity to the port and because the airport is far less busy than LAX.

Keith

Didn't mean to insult anyone, but we do have many on these boards that are not familiar with the area and have unintentionally booked hotels, transfers, etc., for the wrong port.

While the OP may have know what port her cruise ship sailed in/out of, others that were reading this may not have.

We just came back from Carnival Paradise sailing from Long Beach. We used Payless Airport Shuttle and the ride for 3 people in a private shuttle was $59. It would have been almost $90 from Carnival. Phone 562-726-2210 or find them online at www/paylessairportshuttle.com. They will pick up at either airport, and picked us up right where they promised. Very good service.

Archived