All Things Legend of the Seas (Post Revitalization)

Thank you.

What time were you able to board the ship in Civitavecchia??

We didn't get there until 1.30 when boarding was well under way. I know that in the past we've been the very first people onto a ship in Civitavecchia, just before 11.am.

We didn't get there until 1.30 when boarding was well under way. I know that in the past we've been the very first people onto a ship in Civitavecchia, just before 11.am.

We usually get to the pier around 11am, but, this time and its the first time I have noticed the e-docs says embarking starts at 1:30pm.

Thank you very much for the answers.

For the following Med Cruises: Is there a shuttle service organized by RCI to take passengers from cruise terminal to city center in all or some ports of call? How much does it cost?

There are shuttles operated by RCI and there are other independent ways of getting to the centres as follows:

Genoa: The ship docks within walking distance of the city centre. We had been before and knew where to go so didn't look to see if there was a shuttle. There may have been a shuttle to drop you at a more central part but really don't know. For those who wish to take the train somewhere independently the station (Genova Piazza Principe) is a 5 minute walk from the main port building directly across the dual carriageway and then turn right and the station is on your left after about 100 yds)

Marseille: The ship operated a shuttle ferry into the old port for $20 return. Those who want to do their own thing (and are prepared to walk) can walk for about 10 minutes to the main road and catch the number 35 bus which drops you around 10-15 mins walk (along a main shopping street) from the old port and costs 1.8 euros return.

Barcelona: RC run a shuttle bus into town for $12 return. The port bus picks you up right outside the terminal building and drops you at the same place as the RC bus and costs 3.5 euros return. The only difference is that you can come and go as many times as you like with the RC bus and, whereas most people usually only go in and out once, with a late departure (10pm) if you intend to go in and out twice the RC option (for once) may be more cost-effective.

Palma: The RC bus costs $12 return. The local bus (No 1) stops directly outside the port where the ship docks and costs around 2 euros. The Hop on Hop Off Bus also stops directly outside the ship.

Valencia: The RC bus costs $12 return. The local bus (No 4) stops about 5-10 minutes walk away and costs around 2 euros. The HOHO bus also stops at the same stop.

Civitavecchia: The free port bus takes you to the port entrance where you are directly in the town.

At every port there is a good Tourist Information desk offering free maps and with people who speak very good English and (I would imagine) other languages.

Hope this helps

Edited by Bobal

Bobal:

Thank you for the information - especially on this itinerary (less than 40 days until I sail it myself).

I have a few questions, which I hope you may be able to answer:

When is the "Smart Causal" night on that itinerary?

How many kids were on the ship?

What time was the earliest passengers were able to disembark on the last day back at Civi/Rome?

Did you brink wine onto the ship? If so, did you purchase it in the Civi port (we are staying in Rome pre-cruise, so I do not know if it is better to get it in the city or at the port).

Do you have any pictures / copies of the Cruise Compass? They would be very appreciated.

Thanks again,

Travel R

Edited by Travel R

When is the "Smart Causal" night on that itinerary? On the day in Palma (see below)

How many kids were on the ship? Very few as this was outside school holiday period

What time was the earliest passengers were able to disembark on the last day back at Civi/Rome? I don't know the earliest time but we had an early flight and we self-disembarked at around 6.30 and we weren't the first off

Did you brink wine onto the ship? If so, did you purchase it in the Civi port (we are staying in Rome pre-cruise, so I do not know if it is better to get it in the city or at the port). If you are able to carry it I would buy it in Rome, we looked for a supermarket on our way from the station to the port and couldn't find one. I ended up buying it in a small shop which had a limited selection

Do you have any pictures / copies of the Cruise Compass? They would be very appreciated. Sorry I didn't bring back the compasses but I have scanned in the weekly planner and hopefully the picture will appear below. Obviously, as this was the first Med cruise it may change a little by the time you board.

13-05-2013170132.jpg

Edited by Bobal

Bobal:

Thanks for the great, and very quick, answers.

The planner does help out a bit with which nights for each dress code, and the timing of the shows.

You are right, it is really strange that the welcome back reception is on the last night (especially since Rome is considered the first port).

Thanks again,

Travel R

You are right, it is really strange that the welcome back reception is on the last night (especially since Rome is considered the first port).

Actually it was the Meet and Mingle that I was referring to on the last day - i.e. the chance for people who have met on Roll Call boards on this site to get to know each other - a bit late in the cruise for those who were leaving the ship the next day.

I think the welcome back party is just an opportunity to give those who've sailed before a free drink and a chance to shake hands with the officers (although they no longer shake hands due to Noro precautions). There were 2 of these parties - one called Top Tier reception for Platinum and above on Palma day and one called Welcome Back Reception the following night for any Crown and Anchor members. If anyone is interested in attending these events (and if they are the same as our sailing) don't bother with the Top Tier Reception. It was literally a line of officers saying hello on the way in and a spiel from the Future Cruise Consultant. No other officer spoke and the Captain didn't even bother to turn up :rolleyes: We attended this event and thought it was a waste of time - apparently the Captain did speak at the event on the following night.

Edited by Bobal

I did not even think about the M&M. From reading another thread, it seemed unlikely that there would be any M&Ms on this itinerary becauase invidivuals leaving from one port could not register for the same M&M from the other ports. I am glad that an M&M may be available for my cruise, but would really like to have the M&M at the beginning of the cruise so it would be possible to meet the people you will be spending the next few days with.

Thanks again for the info.

Bobal, thank you for all the valuable info. You mentioned that MTD had a line for "those who had booked". Do you book your preferred time once on board or can it be done before boarding???

Bobal, thank you for all the valuable info. You mentioned that MTD had a line for "those who had booked". Do you book your preferred time once on board or can it be done before boarding???

Either, you can use Royal's website before the cruise to book a dining time for MTD, or you can wait until you are onboard.

No, unfortunately on this ship they did not have a line for those who had booked, which we have seen on other ships. This is what caused the long lines and some frustrated guests. We prebooked all our times before we boarded but it made no difference. We did come to an arrangement with the host whereby he would check when they had heavy bookings and on some nights we changed our booking time as we had a particular server who we liked.

Edited by Bobal

Bobal:

Were there any areas on the ship you would recommend for any of the sailaways?

Thanks again,

Travel R

Some of the ports are at a distance from the town and are industrial ports so not much to see (Provence/Valencia) Civitavecchia is just a small town and you sail directly away from town, Barcelona is a little distant from town but you do get some nice views, Palma is also some distance although more pleasant, Genoa is the only stop where you are directly in town.

Since you're sailing away and not really alongside any pretty towns I would stand at the very back of the ship on either deck 9 or 10.

I'm wondering about all aboard time in Civitavecchia. The weekly planner says 5:15 pm, but cruise itinery says departure time is at 7:00 pm. :confused:

I understand your confusion. In each of the ports there is an embarkation time of 2 hours before sailing for those who are joining the ship that day, but those who have already joined the ship in previous days only have to be onboard 30 minutes before the time of sailing.

I think that since our cruise was the first out of Civitavecchia the all aboard was 5.15 as that's the time for those embarking that day. On subsequent cruises those who had boarded in Genoa or Marseille wouldn't need to be back onboard in Civitavecchia until 6.30.

Can anyone tell how many 110v outlets are in the staterooms. Trying to figure out how many, if any power converters I need.

We are sailing this Saturday, May 18.

Unfortunately, we have one of the E1 staterooms on deck 6, but we booked late and those were the only ones left. We can make due, never in the cabin but to sleep anyway.

Edited by milkman55

I understand your confusion. In each of the ports there is an embarkation time of 2 hours before sailing for those who are joining the ship that day, but those who have already joined the ship in previous days only have to be onboard 30 minutes before the time of sailing.

I think that since our cruise was the first out of Civitavecchia the all aboard was 5.15 as that's the time for those embarking that day. On subsequent cruises those who had boarded in Genoa or Marseille wouldn't need to be back onboard in Civitavecchia until 6.30.

Thank you very much. I'm happy about this information, because our planned trip to Rome doesn't fit to the early boarding time.

Can anyone tell how many 110v outlets are in the staterooms. Trying to figure out how many, if any power converters I need.

We are sailing this Saturday, May 18.

Unfortunately, we have one of the E1 staterooms on deck 6, but we booked late and those were the only ones left. We can make due, never in the cabin but to sleep anyway.

As best I can recall, there were two in the desk area.

Grandeur, Vision and Enchantment have mini-fridges in the balcony and above cabins. I would be really surprised if Legend and Splendor didn't have them in those categories as well. :)

None in the new sixth deck balconies...can't speak to the upper decks but our cabin did not have one.