All Things Legend of the Seas (Post Revitalization)

I think some folk are missing a few important details regarding classification of cabins on the newly refurbished LOS and fridges etc.

Deck 7 has Superior Oceanview Staterooms (with balcony) and I believe, from RCI website cabin layouts, that they have always been this classification and are currently D1, D2 & D3.

Deck 6 has Deluxe Oceanview Staterooms (with balcony) and I believe these are all newly renovated and upgraded to Balcony Cabins but are E1 & E2 therefore not in the same classification as Superior, so will probably not have the same facilities, ie fridge etc.

We have not cruised yet on LOS but we are departing on 9 Sep - Greece and Turkey - 11 nights. Therefore if my information is inaccurate, I stand corrected.

Regards,

Thanks for all of the info on the mini-fridges.

@gibby_daebak - I am on a Deck 7 Superior balcony (D3) - so I glad to hear it should have a fridge. Are they new new-fridges with refurb and do they keep all of the items cold?

@BobbyN - What is strange is that the E1 & E2 have the exact same description on the RCI boards as the D's. Reading an thread not to long ago, someone on one of these sailings is trying to cancel their cruise because the E cabin is smaller (they clain about 40 sq. feet) than the D cabin - claiming that the information on the website in misleading. Note: from what I have also discovered, is that the difference between the same level cabins - e.g., D1 vs. D2 vs. D3 is based on how many the cabin can sleep (although all are supposedly the same size). A D3, has the bedding to sleep 4 people (I am going with 2 adults and 2 kids, which should be fine - but would probably not fit 4 adults comfortably).

Also note - I sent C&A customer service an email asking which category of staterooms have fridges and which do not. I'll post the answer when I receive it.

If anyone is in a category E cabin during my sailing (June 22-29), I would be willing to show you mine if you show me yours. [i'm talking about cabins.]

Thanks,

Travel R

Edited by Travel R

Thanks for all of the info on the mini-fridges.

@gibby_daebak - I am on a Deck 7 Superior balcony (D3) - so I glad to hear it should have a fridge. Are they new new-fridges with refurb and do they keep all of the items cold?

@BobbyN - What is strange is that the E1 & E2 have the exact same description on the RCI boards as the D's. Reading an thread not to long ago, someone on one of these sailings is trying to cancel their cruise because the E cabin is smaller (they clain about 40 sq. feet) than the D cabin - claiming that the information on the website in misleading. Note: from what I have also discovered, is that the difference between the same level cabins - e.g., D1 vs. D2 vs. D3 is based on how many the cabin can sleep (although all are supposedly the same size). A D3, has the bedding to sleep 4 people (I am going with 2 adults and 2 kids, which should be fine - but would probably not fit 4 adults comfortably).

Also note - I sent C&A customer service an email asking which category of staterooms have fridges and which do not. I'll post the answer when I receive it.

If anyone is in a category E cabin during my sailing (June 22-29), I would be willing to show you mine if you show me yours. [i'm talking about cabins.]

Thanks,

Travel R

Apart from price ie D1 being more expensive, descending through to E3, it is a little more confusing but I see that:

D1 are all Aft facing cabins (decks 6 & 7)

D2 are more midships than D3 on deck 7 (but not always the case)

E1 are more midships than E2 on deck 6 (but not always the case)

Not really sure of the exact differences but more can be viewed @ RCI website, Legend of the Seas, Ships Decks & Facts -http://www.royalcaribbean.co.uk/_images/Legend_6Feb2013-1Apr2014_tcm16-14818.pdf

Hope this is of some use

Regards

Note: from what I have also discovered, is that the difference between the same level cabins - e.g., D1 vs. D2 vs. D3 is based on how many the cabin can sleep (although all are supposedly the same size). A D3, has the bedding to sleep 4 people (I am going with 2 adults and 2 kids, which should be fine - but would probably not fit 4 adults comfortably).

I am going to have to retract my statement. Looking again at the Deck Plan, the cabin right next to me is a D2. It also has the same symbol (a triangle) which means it has a sofa pullout bed. So, I would guess it would also sleep the same # of people? It is also strange that there is one other D2 on the other side that cabin, then a D3 thereafter -- and it does not look like there are any humps.

I will try to meet my next door shipmate and see if I can take a look to see if there is a difference. It is all very strange, but there must be a reason for RCI distinguishing the category IDs.

Also note, it looks like the D1s are all Aft cabins (and also all include the sofabed).

Edited by Travel R

I had emailed the RCI customer reps regarding mini-fridges in the rooms. They only confirmed that my balcony cabin (D3) will have one.

However, my question to them was broader and I asked "which staterooms have a mini fridge and which oned so not" - but as you can see, they only aswered the question specifically for my cabin.

They also sent me the link to the cabin descriptions on the RCI website - http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/home.do?cabincls=B&br=R

According to the specific desctiptions, the Superior Ocean View Staterooms with Balcony (D1, D2, and D3) have a mini-fridge/mini-bar - http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do?br=R&cabincls=B&cabinType=OS&shipCode=LG

Also includes refrigerator, vanity area, hair-dryer, TV, phone, and 110/220 electrical outlets.

Note, however, the Deluxe Ocean View Staterooms wth Balcony (E1 and E2)also mentions that it includes a refigerator, it also mentions an extra vanity table for laptop use) - http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/cabinTypes/cabinType/cabin/home.do?br=R&cabincls=B&cabinType=DO&shipCode=LG

Also includes refrigerator, vanity area, hair-dryer, TV, phone, vanity table with an extendable working surface for laptop computers and 110/220 electrical outlets.

The desription (specifcally for this cabin on the LOS) would lead me to believe any reader the E1 & E2 rooms would have fridges, but from reading these boards, RCI does have a few errors on their website.

We are on Legend right now in a Deluxe E1 room on Deck 6 Aft and there are no refrigerators. We didn't find we needed one anyway. I do think the storage was adequate for our needs.

We are in the 4th port now and the cruise is really off ship all day and just dinner, show, and sleeping before it all starts again the next day. It's a small ship with limited amenities, but it works well for the type of cruise and the extensive shore time.

If you are the type to stay onboard, this would not be the ship to cruise.

@Jiffymom -- I amm pretty sure from reading the threads during my research that there are (or were pre-refurm) free steamrooms and showers in the Spa. This usually come up in the tips sections - if you have a large party in your room, use the showers in the Spa so you do not have to spend all your time waiting for the one in your room. Can anyone confirm that this is still true post revitalization?

@milkman55 - Thanks for the info on the fridges. I am saliing the same itinerary next month. I hope to be spending most of our time in port on most days (between excusions and DIY). The one sea day I would like to spend resting before my retun to the States the next day (or at least as much rest a DW and 2 DDs will allow me to have). Questions - were lobster tails or escargot being served in the MDR on any evening during this cruise?

Question to all - I was thining about creating a specific thread for Legend of the Seas 7 Day Western Med thread. This will include information about this specifc itinerary, the ship (e.g., as they pertain to this itinerary), and the ports. I have already been gathering much of this information for myself anyway, so I do not mind sharing it. Also, where would you suggest I post this thread -- Royal Caribbean, Ports (which one, since it covers countries, and this will be specific to the LOS), LOS Roll Call (but this would cover many sailing dates), or some other topic?

Edited by Travel R

You should post the 7 Day Med thread in the RCCL forum. There are already threads for some of the individual sailing dates, but because the pickup and let off at three ports, its confusing and not much activity. Maybe you consolidated thread idea would be good.

They have lobster for a Captains Table up charge in the MDR, but not on the regular menu. I have been somewhat disappointed with the food compared to other cruise lines. We did have escargot on Tues night.

Question to all - I was thining about creating a specific thread for Legend of the Seas 7 Day Western Med thread. This will include information about this specifc itinerary, the ship (e.g., as they pertain to this itinerary), and the ports. I have already been gathering much of this information for myself anyway, so I do not mind sharing it. Also, where would you suggest I post this thread -- Royal Caribbean, Ports (which one, since it covers countries, and this will be specific to the LOS), LOS Roll Call (but this would cover many sailing dates), or some other topic?

Cruise Conversations: Cruise Blogs and Websites

milkman - thanks to the answer regarding the lobter & escargot.

hazeleyez3 - thanks for the suggetion for Cruise Conversations: Cruise Blogs and Websites, but it is really not going to be a blog. I am going to accumulate my research, then place it at the beginning of the thread (as I did in this one), then people can comment and add information to it. Also, if I place it there, it will get lost, and don't want to go through all that work if noone will be able to find and use it.

NOTE about Barcelona -- someone from an upcoming 7 Day W Med itineray on the Legend reported that their credit card company will block any transactions from Barcelona. Although it is good practice to call your CC company before you vacation, do not be surprised if they give you this limitation as well.

W. Med. School Summer holidays 2013 - As an FYI, to plan your visits to these ports, I just looked at when some of the school holidays begin in the ports for the W. Med. itinerary (I will list the start dates for vacations): Barcelona (June 21); Valencia (June 21); Rome (June 12; June 29(infant/nursery)); Genoa (June 12; June 29(infant/nursery)); Palma (???); Marselles (July 6)

Edited by Travel R

During the Western Med itinerary that the Legend is currently on, how is the ship's time with respect to the local times??

We are planning for the different ports and have the RCCL arrival-departure times from the itinerary but would like to know how, for example RCCL's 10 AM in Mallorca, compares to the local time for train/bus schedules.

Also, typically how long after the itinerary arrival time can one depart the ship???

Thanks for all the help and the valuable info on this thread.

We just got off Legend this morning. Once we adjusted our watch in Rome, the time on ship and shore in Genoa, Provence, and three ports in Spain never changed.

You are in port roughly 8-6 each day, Barcelona was 10-10. They disembark as soon as the ship docks. Very easy on and off each day.

No issues with credit cards in Barcelona. We used them for meals and shopping. I did call my CC issuer before we left.

I just had my first (and hopefully last) credit card issue -- it looks like someone at the hotel I booked in Room copied my credit card info and made a nice online purchase from a Spa in Bologna. They have called me about not authorzing payment on stupid purchases in the US -- you would think a $100 purchase in Bologna, Italy would have been a red herring? Anyway, I saw it on my statement and put in a dispute.

Milkman, do you know what the "Ice Under the Big Top" is?

If you write a review, please post the link so we may read it.

If you have any copies of the Compass from this itinerary, would you please post them?

Thanks again,

Travel R

Edited by Travel R

• 2 weeks later...

FYI - Member NHDisneyLover is writing a very thorough review of Legend with pictures form his recent W. Med. 7 night itinerary x2 (they did this B2B) that disembarked this past weekend. They are writing the review on their private blog at http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/.

A few things of note I learned about the ship so far (they only posted their first day):

1) The tables in the WJ are very low, like coffee tables

2) For those of you that are smokers -- it looks like Deck, 6 E2 balcony staterooms are NON-SMOKING on the balconies.

3) I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but for the 7 day W. Med itinerary, muster drills for ports other than Rome are in the theater.

Edited by Travel R

And I just realized NHDisneyLover also has a thread about their cruise and is answering questions -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1856711

And to update earlier discussions about the E2 cabins - NHDisneyLover has a very good detailed descripton of the size of the cabin and everything it includes.

Edited by Travel R