All Things Legend of the Seas (Post Revitalization)

we only ordered wines by the bottle, so I cannot hep you with your first question, but as to the second, there is tea and coffee available at the beverage stations near each pool and at least one of those is always one (the one in the Solarium was never closed that we saw and the other only once very late).

That's great, thanks for your reply.

You should post the 7 Day Med thread in the RCCL forum. There are already threads for some of the individual sailing dates, but because the pickup and let off at three ports, its confusing and not much activity. Maybe you consolidated thread idea would be good.

Do all the Western Mediterranean cruises have pickup and departing at 3 different places? I didn't know that. But that explains why there has been no activity or response to my post for the July 27th sailing. This is disappointing to me, because I would like to get some people together to create some private tours, and would like to have a Meet & Mingle"

I like the idea of a consolidated thread also.

You should post the 7 Day Med thread in the RCCL forum. There are already threads for some of the individual sailing dates, but because the pickup and let off at three ports, its confusing and not much activity. Maybe you consolidated thread idea would be good.

Do all the Western Mediterranean cruises have pickup and departing at 3 different places? I didn't know that. But that explains why there has been no activity or response to my post for the July 27th sailing. This is disappointing to me, because I would like to get some people together to create some private tours, and would like to have a Meet & Mingle"

I like the idea of a consolidated thread also.

All of the Legend's Western Med cruises do. So far as I can tell, people are all going to the threads for the Civi stop before their own boarding date, if they are not boarding in Civi themselves. This is considered the "primary" embarkation port by RCI and where approximately 2/3 of the passengers are emarking.

Really? Are ALL the tables in the Windjammer coffee table height?

How does one eat a normal meal from a plate like that while sitting on a "normal" chair?

How can all tables in the WJ be of coffee table height? :confused: After 86 cruises I should remember such a thing. :)

I don't know how i missed these posts from right above my own :o I guess I was just over tired from catching up to two weeks worth of stuff. Sorry.

My son, in that photo, is 5'10" and the tables went to right at his knees. I think this is LOW. Out coffee table is about 2 inches shorter than that.

The chairs were lower to the ground than normal chairs, with very short legs, but not so much that it would be super noticeable at a normal table. It did not really bother me, and honestly I might not have noticed had i been there without my family (I am 5' 5"). BUT, my husband (6' 5") and even my son have longer legs. If they bent their knees and put their feet on the ground, as one normally does when seated, their thighs ended up with an incline from the waist to the knees and they could not fit under the table like that.

The only way they could fit under the table was to either put their legs out straight in front of them (totally under the chairs opposite them then), or splay their knees out to the sides (and H could not do that fully due to the side arm rests of the chairs and how much he needed to get his long legs under).

We have not encountered this in the Windjammer on ANY other RCI ship (including the Splendour last fall). These tables and chairs looked basically the same, but they were definitely lower than the others on others ships. We tried 4-5 tables in different spots the next morning we were up there, before conceding that all are like this and moving outside.

I don't know if the table were replaced with tables that were made with the same "look" but smaller, or if they can be lowered and had been for some reason and someone forgot to raise them or what--but they were not the norm.

ALl that said, it was not a big deal to us (just funny). It is easy enough to find tables out on deck, or by Park Cafe, and really more pleasant to eat out of the chaos anyway:)

Cachecruiser is writing her review of a recent Legend of the Seas itinerary (7 night W. Med) at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1860825

So far, a very nice and informative review about the ship and the ports with some beautiful pictures.

FYI - She has confirmed that the LOS now has the new menu (one of the last three in the fleet) - and will be writing about it as she continues with her review.

With my own trip just over a week a way, reading Cachecruiser and NHDisneyLover's reviews is getting me more and more excited about going. Both of you - keep up the great writing (I do check every day for your updates). Between all the great reviews for Legend of the Seas lately, not sure if I need write my own when I return.

Travel R--Would you please take some pictures of the new Park Cafe while on Legend? Also, maybe if you get the roast beef sandwiches, a picture would be nice, along with what you think of the sandwiches. Also, if you can check and see if they have the individual potato chip bags at the Park Cafe. While on Oasis and Allure, the Park Cafe was our favorite place to eat. We will be spending 21 nights on the Legend starting Jan. 24! Thanks so much.

Oh, and 1 last thing, if you like desserts, they had a great black forest cake at the Park Cafe on Oasis and Allure, maybe you will see if they have it on Legend too?? Thanks again!

Travel R--Would you please take some pictures of the new Park Cafe while on Legend? Also, maybe if you get the roast beef sandwiches, a picture would be nice, along with what you think of the sandwiches. Also, if you can check and see if they have the individual potato chip bags at the Park Cafe. While on Oasis and Allure, the Park Cafe was our favorite place to eat. We will be spending 21 nights on the Legend starting Jan. 24! Thanks so much.

Oh, and 1 last thing, if you like desserts, they had a great black forest cake at the Park Cafe on Oasis and Allure, maybe you will see if they have it on Legend too?? Thanks again!

iluvcruising2's recent pictoral review includes some pictues of the Park Cafe - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=37686006 -- there are some pictuers on this page, and I believe elsewhere within his thread for the various meals he ate there (and I am pretty sure he has a picture of the RB sandwiches)

However, I am sure I will take - and post a few of the pictures myself.

24 nights - I am jealous!!!

Edited by Travel R

I can say that there were no chips at Park Cafe during our two weeks on board. They had chips on the Splendour last year, so we were surprised by this.

I never saw black forest cake either--but maybe it was only there one day and we missed it.

@Travel R: Thank you for linking my trip report. I hope you enjoy it.

I would love to read your trip report as well, so it would be great if you write one. :) It would be nice to get a view on others experiences.

@NHDisneylover: Thank you, DH is happy you like his pictures. :)

@debshomespun: We had black forest cake for dessert in the Park Café one evening. It was delicious but not as good as the black forest cake at home in Germany - the cherry spirit was missing. ;)

Since the New Menus are not being served on the Legend, I fugured I would add a link to another thread that provides a of a menu from a 7 night Freedon itinerary:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1687739

I have heard conflicting reports as to whether this menu is the same for all ships, or if they may be similar, but there are differences based on location (Carib. vs Med. vs TA, etc.).

If anyone can confirm this menu, please let us know.

Thank you all for answering my questions about the Park Cafe! I certainly do not need the little bags of potato chips, but they were nice to have. :D As for the Black Forest Cake, it was really good on the Allure. I would like to try it out again on the Legend!

They introduced the new menu on our last evening during our cruise. The theme was called "Mojo" and our waiter told us that some dishes are available every evening, others change every day. He also said that the size of the dishes increased and they are of better quality. I don't remember everything on the menu and can't allocate it to everyday or changing, but I will list some of the dishes I remember.

Starters

Shrimp Cocktail

Escargots (availability depends on global market)

Caesar Salad

Shaved Cantaloupe and Honeydew Melon

Eggplant and Artichoke Tart

Spinach Salad

Consomme

Main courses

Angus Beef Sliders in a Mini Burger

Slow Roasted Prime Rib

Horseradish Crushed Fillet of Atlantic Salmon

Pasta Pomodoro

Steak

Desserts

Blueberry Peach Crumble

Crème brûlée with Baileys

Carrot Cake

Low Fat Mango Pudding

Moist Almond Cake

Cheese Plate

Lobster, Surf'n Turf and Steaks from Chops Grille are available for extra charge.

CacheCruiser - thanks for the info on the new menu.

FYI - For those of you travelling into Rome this week -- there is a strike of local transportation workers today, Friday, June 14th and a strike at AlItalia today and on the 14th and 18th. - For updated information, see the Italian Gov't website at: http://www.mit.gov.it/mit/site.php?p=scioperi

The information may be too late for most travellers, but it is a good website to keep in mind for all of the upcoming itineraries on the Legend of the Seas that embark/disembark in Rome.

Thank you all for answering my questions about the Park Cafe! I certainly do not need the little bags of potato chips, but they were nice to have. :D As for the Black Forest Cake, it was really good on the Allure. I would like to try it out again on the Legend!

We LOVED the chips at the Oasis

FYI--I just posted several photos of Junior Suite 8574 on my blog, they are in this post (in case anyone wants to see the Junior Suites):

http://hadleyswanderingsandramblings.blogspot.de/2013/06/meeting-new-friends-and-moving-around.html

Thx for sharing! It's good to see the layout, as we'll be staying in a Junior Suite on this ship as well.

It is interesting reading all of the reviews in the "Member Reviews" section. It looks like that is where people go to complain. Although, many times the experiences they write about and the ratings tney give are sometimes very contradictory [for instance, one member gave the excursions one star, but only mentioned good things about the ports -- and no quams about any excursions they went on). On the other hand, thee are some "real reviews" by some great members that have provided some in-depth discussions about the ship and their excursions with great pictures. Although they did not praise everything about the Legend, they seem to be positive about the experiences.

If I was a new cruiser and saw those "member reviews" I would think twice about sailing on the Legend of the Seas. So hopefully, many people are also reading the great reviews (who's links are posted in various places in this thread). I will be adding my own upon my return in about two weeks.

Thanks for starting this thread..... have subscribed! I hadn't realised there would be no fridge. Not a deal breaker.

Will be on Legend in just under a year!! Heading to the Baltics for 12 days!! Too excited!

Am currently booked in an 'M' inside on deck 6.... just wanted to get on board!! My question... does anyone have a pic of an 'M' category room? It looks like it's sideways on..... have sailed inside and PR previously but not one quite like this....

Am currently booked in an 'M' inside on deck 6.... just wanted to get on board!! My question... does anyone have a pic of an 'M' category room? It looks like it's sideways on..... have sailed inside and PR previously but not one quite like this....

Our traveling companions had one of the inside --sideways-- cabins on grandeur. [Legend's sister ship] We really liked the way it seemed to have more space. You enter right in the middle of the rectangle, rather than at the end. The bed was to the right. The desk directly in front of the door [opposite wall] and the closet and bath to the left. It seemed bigger. We have booked one of these for a cruise next spring after seeing theirs.

If you are used to sailing in an inside I think you will like it.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

Our traveling companions had one of the inside --sideways-- cabins on grandeur. [Legend's sister ship] We really liked the way it seemed to have more space. You enter right in the middle of the rectangle, rather than at the end. The bed was to the right. The desk directly in front of the door [opposite wall] and the closet and bath to the left. It seemed bigger. We have booked one of these for a cruise next spring after seeing theirs.

If you are used to sailing in an inside I think you will like it.

Thanks for posting.... you will be sailing before me..... if there's a chance you could take a pic for me and post it here on your return that would be wonderful.

Our traveling companions had one of the inside --sideways-- cabins on grandeur. [Legend's sister ship] We really liked the way it seemed to have more space. You enter right in the middle of the rectangle, rather than at the end. The bed was to the right. The desk directly in front of the door [opposite wall] and the closet and bath to the left. It seemed bigger. .

Funnily enough we thought the opposite. Our sons had one of the sideways cabins on Grandeur last year (an L on deck 7) and it seemed smaller to us - or at least less efficiently laid out. The beds were to the left and the desk opposite. The bathroom was to the right and had a narrow area next to it alongside the wardrobe. They had an armchair which they had to wedge up against the wall next between the wardrobe and the bathroom and which was always in the way and meant it was difficult to get at their clothes.