All Things Legend of the Seas (Post Revitalization)

Thanks CVU. It's my husband's shirts that crease, and if everyone else is in the same boat (ha!) that's fine. Hope people think we have a fashionable 'creased' look for formal nights, otherwise we can just skip MDR and dine somewhere else on these nights!

Does everyone dress up very formally on formal nights?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks CVU. It's my husband's shirts that crease, and if everyone else is in the same boat (ha!) that's fine. Hope people think we have a fashionable 'creased' look for formal nights, otherwise we can just skip MDR and dine somewhere else on these nights!

Does everyone dress up very formally on formal nights?

My DH has dress shirts but they are all now no iron kind and do not crease easily. We do dress up but not to the extent others do. Some do not dress up very much at all and some are in a Tux etc.

Be happy and comfortable with what you are able to pack. It isn't easy now to travel with luggage.

Don't skip the MDR because of any creases. They are hidden under his jacket or you can send out the shirt to be pressed......

Have a fun cruise and don't worry about the clothes.:)

Washing and Ironing Question

We're flying from Australia to the Mediterranean, so will have limited luggage and will need to wear clothes multiple times. I have read that there isn't a public laundry on board. From your information, we would need to pay for washing/ ironing per piece - it will all be creased after the flight. How do experienced cruisers manage this - bring a travelling iron....? Any suggestions would be welcomed, we're on our 60 day countdown!

Everyone else has given you great tips. The other thing we do with DH's shirts is hang them in the bathroom any time we shower--to let the steam help pull out any crease that do end up there.

We did a very early self-disembarkation and once you get off the ship, on the side of the dock, they had a table on the side of the dock with all of the items that were confiscated, but to be returned at the end of the trip, Taking a quick look as I passed bay, I saw a number of irons on the table, including a very large 1960's era metal iron I remember seeing in my grandparent's home. There were also a number of other much smaller travel irons as well as an assortment of small knives, a large bundle of rope, power strips, and various other items.

Hadley - thanks for the info, I did not see anyone wearing the visitor stickers on our itinerary. If anyone was wearing them, I missed it.

In defense of the poster you are referring to in their review--one OUR cruise there were round number stickers for passengers who were on excursions, but other stickers that said "visitor" for those in groups visiting from shore. These seemed to be primarily travel agents but in some cases they were allowed to bring their families--including children of all ages; we talked to a few. Smaller groups had badges, but large groups had stickers. So--it is very possible you are BOTH right ;)

The Legend has recently returned from the Far East where she was based for a number of years. We sailed on the very first Med cruise and there were many many Travel Agents onboard as RC wish to sell this ship to a new market.

No-one is allowed onboard as a visitor for the day (unless they have been invited by a crew member and that member has to stay with them) so I would imagine that the 'visitors' onboard were actually all Travel Agents. Interesting that they were allowed to bring their children onboard - what a great marketing tool for a cruise line which caters to families.

Edited by Bobal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can assist me.

We're sailing on LOTS from Venice later this year. Sailing time is 5pm.

We would like to check in our luggage early so that we can spend some time in Venice. What time would we be able to check in luggage? Thanks

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can assist me.

We're sailing on LOTS from Venice later this year. Sailing time is 5pm.

We would like to check in our luggage early so that we can spend some time in Venice. What time would we be able to check in luggage? Thanks

You can usually check-in by noon and then leave the ship until all aboard time. So you may have a few hours. There will be signs as you leave displaying the all aboard time.

Thanks all

We had decided to stay in Mestre with B&B, just across from train station, because it is much cheaper and more direct. Now that you have let us know approx luggage check-in time, we can go straight to check-in when departing accommodation in morning, then have some time in Venice. We didn't want to have to go back to Mestre to pick up suitcases or lug them around Venice streets.

FYI - I am writing my Legend of the Seas review and it is available at the following thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1876478

It is a work in progress, with the first few posts already up. There is plenty more to post, as well as all of the pictures.

We are sailing on her soon. thank you for all the hard work.

• 2 weeks later...
We are sailing on her soon. thank you for all the hard work.

Thanks. The review is almost completed. Afterwards I will come back and read through this thread again to see if there is anything new I can add, or if there there is any information that may need to be modified.

I did not realize it, but the Legend of the Seas, afte spending a lot of time in Asia is going to have a very busy schedule after it's current itineraries in the Mediterranean:

Aug. & Sept. 2013 - Western & Eastern Med.

Oct. 2013 - Eastern Med, Western Med., TA

Nov. 2013 - Central America/Panama CanalDec. 2013. thru Feb. 2014 - Southern Caribbean

Mar. 2014 - Southern Caribbean & Central America/Panama Canal

April 2014 - Central America/Panama Canal & TA

May 2014 thru July 2014 - Scandanavia/Northern Europe & "Inland Water Cruises" (N. Europe)

Aug. 2014 - Scandanavia/Northern Europe

Sep. 2014 - Scandanavia/Northern Europe & TA

I did not realize it, but the Legend of the Seas, afte spending a lot of time in Asia is going to have a very busy schedule after it's current itineraries in the Mediterranean:

Aug. & Sept. 2013 - Western & Eastern Med.

Oct. 2013 - Eastern Med, Western Med., TA

Nov. 2013 - Central America/Panama CanalDec. 2013. thru Feb. 2014 - Southern Caribbean

Mar. 2014 - Southern Caribbean & Central America/Panama Canal

April 2014 - Central America/Panama Canal & TA

May 2014 thru July 2014 - Scandanavia/Northern Europe & "Inland Water Cruises" (N. Europe)

Aug. 2014 - Scandanavia/Northern Europe

Sep. 2014 - Scandanavia/Northern Europe & TA

It's also doing a TA to the US followed by Southern Caribbean and Panama Canal trips.

Someone posed a question that I was unable to answer on another thread about the Legend. They asked about the on-screen access to your account or to view/change excursions from the TV set in your stateroom. I did not see that function during our cruise. I want to see if the feature is not available, or did I just not see it?

Someone posed a question that I was unable to answer on another thread about the Legend. They asked about the on-screen access to your account or to view/change excursions from the TV set in your stateroom. I did not see that function during our cruise. I want to see if the feature is not available, or did I just not see it?

We were unable to access it from our TV but could access it from the in-cabin ipad.

Thanks for the quick response. We did not have the in-cabin iPad in our room -- is it available only in the suites?

We had a JS, which is not strictly a suite, so maybe it's only available JS and up. Seems really unfair if it is :(

Travel R or any one else that may know...... Beer on board. Do they have any dark beer? Guinness would be great.... Do you know if they have any dark beers? My DH was wondering.

Thanks!

A good stout would be fantastic. Guiness is a little weak but in the ballpark. For the life of me, I can't recall what brands they carried but not remembering either means I am getting older or there were none available to my liking.