Drink prices

I am trying to figure out which drink package to purchase for our Sept. 28 Freedom of the Seas cruise. How much do sodas cost if purchased without a drink package. Also, how much for beer, cocktails? My wife and I will probably have a few drinks at dinner, then water and soda during the day.

If your ship has a Freestyle soda machine (and I think it does), and you are soda drinkers, I think you might want at least the soda package. It's $6.50/day, I believe. You can't use the Freestyle machine without the mug that comes with the soda package. The only fountain sodas you could buy by the glass at a bar would be Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, and Ginger Ale. I liked having the options of all the different diet sodas in the machine, and I think sodas are more than $2, so it doesn't take much use of the Freestyle machine to break even on the soda package.

I know from our bill that beers were about $5 and whiskeys were about $8. I stuck to soda and our bar bill came to about $70 for the 7-day cruise, plus the ~$100 for the soda package. You may do better paying by the drink if you're not going to drink much alcohol.

Do both people in the stateroom have to get the same drink package? Or can one get the soda package and one get the premium package?

Each guest can get a different package, or no package at all.

Is Club Soda included on any of the beverage packages?

The fountains will have Soda Water and Tonic Water. If you are on a ship with a Freestyle machine, you will have more choices.