Wonderful Vow Renewal Ceremony on the Regal 3/1-3/8

ProfMHC

Just wanted to share the lovely vow renewal ceremony we had on our cruise. I wasn't really planning this - just happened to come across the option to "order" it when scrolling through the Princess website a few weeks before our cruise. We had thought of doing it a couple of years ago but the $$$ to do it with all our family included seemed to get out of hand. But this appeared very doable and I booked it - without telling my DH.

Well, we had barely begun unpacking after embarking at FLL and Maria was on the phone helping me to arrange all the details. We set it up for the first sea day - which also turned out to be our actual anniversary. I was delighted. So I then had to tell my husband what was up and why I was so desperate for him to pack his tux! He was game and immediately went to book the Crown Grill for that evening to continue the anniversary celebration.

The ceremony was terrific. Maria took care of everything -- all we had to do was show up at the chapel at the appointed time. She met every expectation -- even more so with the bouquet -- more than a dozen white roses. I was so unhappy that I had to leave it on board when we docked back in FLL.

The real treat was Capt. Perrin. He has the singular ability to make one feel so special -- like you are the only folks on the ship. He spent so much time just talking with us that we felt like we'd made a friend on board! (and we are now booked next year on the Regal in Europe and hope to bump into him again and let him know how special he made our ceremony.)

The vow ceremony that was provided by Princess (we didn't do our own vows the first time either) was really wonderful. I think that we old folks actually took the vows more to heart this time as it was just us and the captain (and Maria, of course, with the photographer)....... Princess not only provided everything that was "ordered" within the package, they did it with grace and elegance. And our steward Lawrence decorated our cabin with balloons, chocolates, and even a little "anniversary animal."

The cruise itself was also terrific. We relaxed completely. Thanks to you guys on CC, I knew to book on the bump out so we'd have our extended balcony which we barely left during the week. Three novels read! Not only that, while getting ready for dinner we caught up on all the movies we had missed. Movies on demand in the stateroom was so great. Yeah, the lack of a center stairway was a hassle sometimes (I do like to descend that way when I can), and there were a few choppy seas ...... but wow, I so hated getting off in FLL and returning to "normal".

Thanks for the good report. We have been considering this for our next cruise as we will be celebrating our 40th anniversary. It's nice to hear the details and personal touches. Sounds worth the $$$. Looking forward to it now!

Happy Anniversary! Princess impressed us also during our vow renewal a few years ago.

We agree with your thoughts about Captain Perrin. He is a first rate Captain.

Glad you had a wonderful experience. :D

We did ours in 2013 on the Caribbean Princess. We were imposed by the whole thing and as you said, it was memorable.

My DW is shy and does not like being in a lot of photos. So, when, after the service was over and the photographer suggested we go down to the atrium for some photos, I though she would die! We quickly talked him out of that!

Princess does a good job with these packages.

In the midst of a lot of whiny threads and trivial complaints, I came upon this beautiful thread sharing a wonderful life event with us. Thank you so much! Your vow renewal sounds perfect. Congratulations and wishing you many more happy and healthy years together!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

• 1 year later...
Just wanted to share the lovely vow renewal ceremony we had on our cruise. I wasn't really planning this - just happened to come across the option to "order" it when scrolling through the Princess website a few weeks before our cruise. We had thought of doing it a couple of years ago but the $$$ to do it with all our family included seemed to get out of hand. But this appeared very doable and I booked it - without telling my DH.

Well, we had barely begun unpacking after embarking at FLL and Maria was on the phone helping me to arrange all the details. We set it up for the first sea day - which also turned out to be our actual anniversary. I was delighted. So I then had to tell my husband what was up and why I was so desperate for him to pack his tux! He was game and immediately went to book the Crown Grill for that evening to continue the anniversary celebration.

The ceremony was terrific. Maria took care of everything -- all we had to do was show up at the chapel at the appointed time. She met every expectation -- even more so with the bouquet -- more than a dozen white roses. I was so unhappy that I had to leave it on board when we docked back in FLL.

The real treat was Capt. Perrin. He has the singular ability to make one feel so special -- like you are the only folks on the ship. He spent so much time just talking with us that we felt like we'd made a friend on board! (and we are now booked next year on the Regal in Europe and hope to bump into him again and let him know how special he made our ceremony.)

The vow ceremony that was provided by Princess (we didn't do our own vows the first time either) was really wonderful. I think that we old folks actually took the vows more to heart this time as it was just us and the captain (and Maria, of course, with the photographer)....... Princess not only provided everything that was "ordered" within the package, they did it with grace and elegance. And our steward Lawrence decorated our cabin with balloons, chocolates, and even a little "anniversary animal."

The cruise itself was also terrific. We relaxed completely. Thanks to you guys on CC, I knew to book on the bump out so we'd have our extended balcony which we barely left during the week. Three novels read! Not only that, while getting ready for dinner we caught up on all the movies we had missed. Movies on demand in the stateroom was so great. Yeah, the lack of a center stairway was a hassle sometimes (I do like to descend that way when I can), and there were a few choppy seas ...... but wow, I so hated getting off in FLL and returning to "normal".

Sent from my iPad using Forums