Oasis Daily Planner attached - E. Caribbean 1-23-16 to 1-29-16

Hi All:

Attached are the Daily Planners from the Cruise Compass for the Eastern Caribbean cruise from 1-23-16 to 1-29-16. Due to file size limitations, I could not scan the entire Compass, but the rest of the Compass is mostly promotional content for the shows, merchandise, spa, etc. Also attached is some other useful information. I hope this helps with planning your cruise. Good luck and enjoy!

I strongly suggest anyone cruising Oasis or Allure that you schedule your entertainment in advance. And these Planners are very helpful for that. I have found that, in general, the evening entertainment tends to follow a consistent schedule, so the activity times in these Planners can serve as a guide to what you might expect during your cruise.

If you don't schedule in advance, you'll be forced to wait in the last minute standby line. For the Comedy show, due to the small venue, most people in standby don't get in. For the other shows, you may be able to get in, but since it's at the last minute, you'll have difficulty finding seats, especially seats together.

Another consideration: we generally had poor weather on this cruise, so most, if not all, of the diving shows were cancelled. Consider a plan B for the time slot you book the diving show as well as the comedy dive show, which can't be reserved.

The new drink package special of 10 drinks for $79 was available. They started offering it sometime around day 3. I was told by one bar tender that the price DID NOT include gratuity and that a 15% gratuity would be added to the $79.

One person's opinion on the entertainment:

Shows:

I liked the comedians Darrell Joyce and Phil Palisoul, both in the welcome aboard show and in the adult show. The adult show was not too raunchy or vulgar, especially compared with past comedy shows.

Oasis of Dreams Aqua Show: both the original and make-up shows were cancelled due to weather. However, I have seen them in the past and highly recommend them.

CATS Broadway musical: I did not see.

Frozen in Time Ice Show: Very good show, including the sand sculpture artist.

Greg London, headliner show: Personally I have never cared for magic, ventriloquists, and impersonators. Normally after 10 minutes, I have had enough. Nothing against Greg, but his show is mostly impersonating singers. Therefore, after 10 minutes, I was ready to leave. So my opinion is very biased here. He seemed talented, and the audience seemed to like him.

Come Fly with Me, production show. Very good. Very physical. Singing, dancing, trampoline, aerial artists.

Music:

I like live music so one of the things I love about the Oasis class ships is the breadth of musical talent on board. I faced nightly conflicts over which act to watch because they were all very good. Music Vision won out and I became a groupie, seeing every nightly performance.

Music Vision: played nightly in Dazzles. Outstanding. Played a wide variety of hits. The dance floor was always full. They also played quite a few rock songs (Zeppelin, Skynyrd, G&R). And the lead singer's voice really shined on Bette Midler's Wind Beneath my Wings. If you like a great party band and/or dancing, make sure you come to their performances.

Adagio Duo: This female duo played piano and violin. Very good. They often played in Central Park, and the music combined with the setting of Central Park created a wonderfully relaxing and peaceful setting. I recommend seeing one of the CP performances and enjoying a relaxing drink.

Jimmy Blakemore, pub entertainment: I saw some of Jimmy and liked what I saw. He also performed a wide variety and mixed in the right amount of banter and humor with his music. I wished I could have watched more of his performance.

Tonya Scott, piano bar: I did not see. Too many choices, not enough time

Oasis of the Seas Orchestra: in addition to backing up the production shows, various members performed in various venues. All were very good. Try to catch a couple of their performances - they are very talented musicians.

Manati Salsa, Latin dance band: Did not see.

Marlene Arden Jazz Quartet, the nightly jazz act in Jazz on 4: I saw parts of 2 shows. They were good. Their songs were more of the classic/traditional/mellower type of jazz. I personally prefer a little more beat and funk. But traditional jazz fans should not be disappointed.

Extra, pool band: I liked the music but it was WAY TOO LOUD. I think the pool band should be background music. Royal sets the volume level as if they are a headliner act. If you want the ability to read/talk/nap while lounging around the pool, you can't really do it while they're playing.

I hope this is helpful for planning your cruise.

Dan

Daily Planner Oasis 2016-01-23 Day 1.pdf

Daily Planner Oasis 2016-01-24 Day 2.pdf

Daily Planner Oasis 2016-01-25 Day 3.pdf

Daily Planner Oasis 2016-01-26 Day 4.pdf

Daily Planner Oasis 2016-01-27 Day 5.pdf

Daily Planner Oasis 2016-01-28 Day 6.pdf

Daily Planner Oasis 2016-01-29 Day 7.pdf

Oasis Welcome Aboard Info 2016-01-23.pdf

Oasis Officers & Useful Info 2016-01-23.pdf

Oasis Luggage Valet Info 2016-01-23.pdf

Oasis Departure Info 2016-01-23.pdf

Oasis Emerald Member Coupons 2016-01-23.pdf

Thank you everyone for your comments.

I find the Compasses/Planners to be very helpful for planning entertainment reservations on O-class ships, so I appreciate when others post them and just want to pay it forward.

I agree MrPayroll, Dazzles is often too small for the caliber of the entertainment performing there. Like many thing on O-class - get there early for best seats.

I've just booked - better late than never - but these are a great help. Thank you. Has anyone on the 9 Day cruise on March 17 received any information regarding the entertainment for the extra two days? Or how about making dining reservations for those days?

Excellent review Luvadayatsea - especially for us music lovers like you! We are sailing on Oasis in July ( our 3rd time) and can't wait!! Really enjoyed reading your review and hope Music Vision will still be on board in July. We had Music Express last July & they were great. Enjoy Boleros as well. We were going to skip Oasis this summer & try the MSC Divina, but based on many of the reviews we cancelled MSC and are back on Oasis. We too have seen many of the shows so we look forward to good music & dancing.

For anyone interested - the Solarium Bistro for dinner is a favorite of ours. Great , great meal!

Thanks so much for posting. My cruise isn't till October but first time on RCL and I'm really excited to see there are so many activities.

Two questions:

1) Has anyone done the beer sample? I don't drink but have always wanted to find a beer that I might enjoy with pizza or a burger.

2) What in the world is a Hot Pot (Solarium dinner)?

Just printed out all of the compasses, so thank you for posting so I can plan accordingly. My big question is if you want tickets to a certain show, how and when do you get them? Can you get on the list prior to sailing? - That information is probably in the compasses that I didn't read yet!!! ANY HELPFUL TIPS and what we shouldn't miss from food to the shows (already stated above) is great appreciated.

Just printed out all of the compasses, so thank you for posting so I can plan accordingly. My big question is if you want tickets to a certain show, how and when do you get them? Can you get on the list prior to sailing? - That information is probably in the compasses that I didn't read yet!!! ANY HELPFUL TIPS and what we shouldn't miss from food to the shows (already stated above) is great appreciated.

There are no physical tickets. Your show reservations are stored in you onboard account. When you try to enter a show venue, your SeaPass card is scanned to confirm you have a reservation for that performance.

You use your Cruise Planner on Royal's website to make show reservations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi All:

Attached are the Daily Planners from the Cruise Compass for the Eastern Caribbean cruise from 1-23-16 to 1-29-16. Due to file size limitations, I could not scan the entire Compass, but the rest of the Compass is mostly promotional content for the shows, merchandise, spa, etc. Also attached is some other useful information.

I hope this is helpful for planning your cruise.

Dan

Dan, thanks for posting these, and thank you Bob for linking to this post in other threads. We'll be on Oasis next month in 11330 and are looking forward to it!

Bill