Cabin 2465 Cat. 1A (Pictures)

Wennfred

This is one of the nicest Cat. 1a Cabins because of its size and with 2 windows and also at a lower price then the 4a. When you enter this cabin you go down a hallway then turn right into the room, so its a L Shape configuration. Its located on the starboard side of the ship way aft, almost to the back of the ship. No noise from this cabin but it was bumpy. Could be due to choppy seas. Not really sure, but I will surely book this cabin again.

Cabin2465_800x328.jpg

Cabin2465c_775x600.jpg

Cabin2465a_800x495.jpg

IMG_7680_400x600.jpg

[/img]IMG_7695_400x600.jpg

Bathroom was also big, It must be set up for a Wheel Chair, there is no lip but a drain that follows around the shower, the curtains run over the drain. There is also a seat you can drop from the wall in the shower.

IMG_7703_400x600.jpg

IMG_7700_400x600.jpg

Thanks, Fred! There are many people on this board that will thank you for these pictures, especially me! :D I am eagerly waiting for your next set of pictures. Are you going to put them on Webshots?

I just upload them to my website:

http://members.cox.net/wennfred2/index

You can save that as a bookmark for those that need to see these pics.

I will also subscribe to this tread because you know this Cabin comes up all the time.

Fred

I thought 1A only had upper and lower bunks and no windows at all? Do they charge the same rate as the other 1A's? And do you have to ask for them directly? I am booked almost across from 2444 on the Triumph and looking closely at the room.

I thought 1A only had upper and lower bunks and no windows at all? Do they charge the same rate as the other 1A's? And do you have to ask for them directly? I am booked almost across from 2444 on the Triumph and looking closely at the room.

1A are inside with upper and lower bunks and no windows, This is one of Carnivals best kept secrets. Only only this cabin and the one on the Port side, make sure you look at the floor plan to see it its L Configured.

Do you know if the rooms are the same on the Conquest????? I believe the Valor is a Conquest class. Yes?

2465 should be the same on all Conquest Ships, but it would be great to confirm that.

some 1As have no windows, some have portholes, a couple have picture windows.

some are upper/lower, some are twin/sleeper sofa, a couple have two twins.

all 1As cost the same, but obviously some sell sooner than others. it is the least expensive cabin and alos the best value for singles, since there is reduced or no single supplement.

on Destiny, I believe they are 2334/2335

Conquest Class is 2465 & 2462

Victory/Triumph/Destiny is 2444 & 2445

Not all cabins have the double bed configuration.

Can we compile a list of the cabins with the double beds from the list above? That is info I would love to have annotated in my copy of the Carnival brochure! The PVP offered me one of these cabins when I booked a cruise a few months ago, but I turned it down because the only one I had seen in person had an upper that came down from the ceiling plus a single bed.

Wennfred, which ship was your cabin on?

1A are inside with upper and lower bunks and no windows, This is one of Carnivals best kept secrets. Only only this cabin and the one on the Port side, make sure you look at the floor plan to see it its L Configured.

2465 should be the same on all Conquest Ships, but it would be great to confirm that.

It appears to be a very poorly kept secret. I looked at this room for about 9-12 sailings in 2007 and it was booked for each one.

It appears to be a very poorly kept secret. I looked at this room for about 9-12 sailings in 2007 and it was booked for each one.

The secret is out, especially here on Cruise Critic, the way to book this Cabin is to book way in advance :D

Does anyone know what the rooms 2462 and 2465 are like on the Glory? Both the couples in our group have one of those cabins booked for our Carnival Glory cruise for June 10th. We were told by our Carnival PVP that it has twin beds that can be pushed together into a king size bed but I have been told by someone on this board that is not true and really has one twin bed and a bed that pulls down out of the ceiling. I would really like to know the truth from someone who has been in one of these rooms. I wonder if these cabins have as much storage space as the normal cabins do? If anyone can help me I would be very grateful. Does anyone know what the square footage of these cabins are? I just have so many questions about this.

Gail

It HAS been reported that the cabins on the GLory are upper and lower bed. For that reason alone-- I would believe the people posting on the boards then I would with someone who works for carnival.

I didnt understand why the differnce on the GLory compared to the other ships in the class. But this person just sailed the GLory not too long ago.

Does anyone know what the rooms 2462 and 2465 are like on the Glory? Both the couples in our group have one of those cabins booked for our Carnival Glory cruise for June 10th. We were told by our Carnival PVP that it has twin beds that can be pushed together into a king size bed but I have been told by someone on this board that is not true and really has one twin bed and a bed that pulls down out of the ceiling. I would really like to know the truth from someone who has been in one of these rooms. I wonder if these cabins have as much storage space as the normal cabins do? If anyone can help me I would be very grateful. Does anyone know what the square footage of these cabins are? I just have so many questions about this.

Gail

As far as Storage, look at the Pictures above, The closet space is small or normal size, I place all 3 of my Luggages behind the Curtains by the rear window. They fit well back there. Big cabin with lots of room. These are probably 2 Twin beds pushed together but I never felt the Line in the Middle of the bed. 2465 had no bed on the ceiling that pops down. So Im assumig the Glory is the same configuration.

But this person just sailed the GLory not too long ago.

Do you know what cabin this person booked? Also ask if they have pictures.

Thanks.

Thanks, Wennfred.

Serene, when I was on the Conquest in November 2001 (one of her first cruises) I went to look at one of these rooms before we left the ship on the last day because I was curious about them. At that time, the room (I believe it was the starboard cabin, so # 2465) was set up with only one bed on the floor, with the head of the bed against the wall that extended from the long hallway, and a drop-down upper criss-crossing it from above. All the builit-in furniture was on the wall opposite the windows, then the bathroom entrance at or near the end of that wall opposite the windows. That's why I'm so curious and so specific in my curiosity about these rooms. I know how uniform the Carnival ships tend to be with their class-mates (although 1A's are the least uniform of classes).

We have wennfred's specific sighting of 2465 on Valor. Serene, I think I remember you staying in one of these cabins on one of these ships, is that right? I know you have more specific cabin knowledge than any 3 experienced PVP's, so I'm wondering if you believe that 2462 and 2465 have 2 beds on the floor on all the Conquest-class ships is based on specific knowledge of each of these 6 cabins or on the reasonable assumption that one can usually make about uniformity on Carnival ships of the same class?

Thanks for any further help you can give me on this!

Virginia

I get curious about certain cabins because I read about them here on cruise critic-- thats why I booked 7434 coz lots of people said it was a grand room-- I hated it) But on the last day since I am not in a hurry to get off I go around the ship with my trusty camera and take pics of certain cabins for a future trip. my photo above is of the Liberty.

When you saw the conquest cabin was that before the refurbishment of changing over the beds??

The person that sailed the glory just sailed in the cabin within the last few months.. so for that reason I can say that not all the conquest class ships do have the double bed on the floor.

(but to put some fears to rest-- if in fact you do go into the cabin and it does have the upper bed-- you could always take the mattresses off the bed and make a king size one on the floor. The cabin is that big and could accomadate that.

and if they did change it to where there is two beds together-- you lucked out.

I have these rooms booked on the Conquest. My PVP sent a picture that has a king size bed. It really doesn't matter to me, but I don't think my parents will be happy if they are sleeping in bunks! I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

I just did some searching on this board, looking for posts by folks who had actually stayed in the relevant cabins. Here's what I found:

Conquest: both 2462 and 2465 have upper and lower beds (per mummy)

Glory: also upper/lower in both cabins, as of December 2005 (per kpstill)

Valor: 2465 has 2 beds on the floor (per wennfred)

Liberty: 2465 has 2 beds on the floor (I forgot to write down who posted this)

I failed to find specific info on 2462 on either Valor or Liberty. I'm putting this info on a Post-It note in my Carnival brochure. I hope it is helpful to others as well.

Virginia

• 2 weeks later...
I just did some searching on this board, looking for posts by folks who had actually stayed in the relevant cabins. Here's what I found:

Conquest: both 2462 and 2465 have upper and lower beds (per mummy)

Glory: also upper/lower in both cabins, as of December 2005 (per kpstill)

Valor: 2465 has 2 beds on the floor (per wennfred)

Liberty: 2465 has 2 beds on the floor (I forgot to write down who posted this)

I failed to find specific info on 2462 on either Valor or Liberty. I'm putting this info on a Post-It note in my Carnival brochure. I hope it is helpful to others as well.

Virginia

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=6325143#post6325143

I sailed on the Liberty Med cruise this past summer in one of the large two window 1A's. I had two twins which were pushed together for a king. The Valor and Liberty are the only two conquest class ships that have the two twins/king. the Conquest and Glory have either a twin and upper or a twin and sofa.

Archived