MDR menu

SweetSummertime

I have all 15 from our cruise that ended on Sunday, but we were told they were a "hybrid", so I don't know how permanent they are.

If you give me an email address, I can email them to you. I'll try to get them onto a public forum in the next few day.

We visited the Tuscan Grill on our recent Eclipse cruise. Superb meal although there was almost to much food. We went the first night on board as they were offering 20% discount. I ate so much that I hardly ate the next day. The main dining room was superb through out the cruise and next time we probably won't bother with a speciality dinner. I would recommend the Bistro on Five as for $5 dollars it offers great service and crepes for a nice lunchtime treat.

I have all 15 from our cruise that ended on Sunday, but we were told they were a "hybrid", so I don't know how permanent they are.

If you give me an email address, I can email them to you. I'll try to get them onto a public forum in the next few day.

15? We were told that there were only 11 MDR menus for the entire fleet when we toured the Equinox's kitchens last April.

I guess they've changed quite a bit.

We tried all the specialty restaurants on the Silhouette, our findings were that although there was a difference in food quality and the restaurants were smaller and more personal attention was given to the diners.

Qsine was a lot of fun, food was good, although more of upscale pub style appetizers, Murano was classy with a menu like you may experience in a French restaurant in the states, Tuscan we had awful service on one visit, acceptable on another, food was good, not anything special and definitely not worth the up charge. Lawn Club was mediocre at best, its an outside barbecue with plastic windows, food was all overcooked, both fish and meat, would not return if it were free, Bistro on Five was a nice change-up and well worth the $5 fee, we never made it to the Porch as we didn't know it was just for lunch, we tried for dinner but it wasn't offered, it should be. It was a ghost town at lunch.

The food and service in the MDR were very good, on our nrxt X cruise we will limit our specialty dining to a couple of dinners and a lunch or two at Bistro. Otherwise the MDR is terrific, and from what all the folks that eat at Blu post, that is also a preferred venue. Of course you have to be Aqua Class only to eat at Blu, which eliminates many guests. Truth be known, I checked Blu's menu daily, it mirrored the MDR's menus, just not on the same day. Blu guests advise the kitchen prepares their food differently, with more emphasis on being health conscious, without sacrificing taste. I will say it is a more quiet and less crowded atmosphere than the MDR, very important for some folks dining preferences. Personally, I love the MDR hustle and bustle and the beauty of a large dining room.

As we all know, food is very subjective, that we can all agree on, for us, the $40 per person fee was excessive for the meals we were served. The service in the MDR is as good as you'll get anywhere so that was a negligible item to argue. We'd go back to QSine for the experience (must have a party of 4 or more), maybe Murano if we wanted a formal meal, and Bistro on 5 for a lunch or two.

Anybody else? I'll email them as soon as I get home. Keep in mind I'm on California time, so it will be another couple of hours

Hi Patty, Please click here to send me an email also. Would love to see the menus. One other question: Do you happen to have photos of Millie's deck 5 Main Dining Room? I'm especially interested in seeing the layout of tables by the rail on both port and starboard sides. I see you just returned from the 1st post-solsticization cruise aboard Millie and we're booked to do the Panama Canal both ways in Sep / Oct. We watched you going through the Canal via webcam. Hope you had a wonderful cruise! Thanks in advance.:)

Do you happen to have photos of Millie's deck 5 Main Dining Room? I'm especially interested in seeing the layout of tables by the rail on both port and starboard sides. I see you just returned from the 1st post-solsticization cruise aboard Millie and we're booked to do the Panama Canal both ways in Sep / Oct. We watched you going through the Canal via webcam. Hope you had a wonderful cruise! Thanks in advance.:)

I don't see any photos of the MDR, but I'll keep looking. I haven't even started on my DH's photos

Menus are available on the ship. The food is good in the MDR. The new chef has improved the food. On my most recent cruise on the Summit, the MDR was excellent. The only meal that wasn't good was the lobster/baked alaska formal night. Rubber lobsters aren't my thing. Just go and enjoy. If you see a menu that isn't for you, ask for something else. Even if you don't see it on the menu, you can ask for it. I have often requested off menu things. Try the calamari.

Archived