What are the differences?

Setting Sail Gal

No, not a spa pass. I think someone reported a $50.00 discount on a spa pass, though.

You get a few things like a yoga mat, special mineral water, an IPod docking station and a water feature.

Someone is sure to come along and explain this better than I can, so wait a while!

Edited by SilvertoGold

No, not a spa pass. I think someone reported a $50.00 discount on a spa pass, though.

You get a few things like a yoga mat, special mineral water, an IPod docking station and a water feature.

Someone is sure to come along and explain this better than I can, so wait a while!

Recently off the Neiuw Amsterdam and had VQ spa room. No $50 discount for spa pass...

• 2 months later...

We will be on the Eurodam for a 7 day Alaska in May. My wife had read a number of posts with other cruise passengers planning on purchasing the "Thermal Spa Package". I could not find any info on this package online with HAL. I called and was told that if we wanted this package it will cost $150 for one person or $250 for 2 people. Is it less expensive if you purchase this package on board the ship? What exactly do you get with this package? Also, how do you dress to get from your room on a lower deck up to the spa?

We will be on the Eurodam for a 7 day Alaska in May. My wife had read a number of posts with other cruise passengers planning on purchasing the "Thermal Spa Package". I could not find any info on this package online with HAL. I called and was told that if we wanted this package it will cost $150 for one person or $250 for 2 people. Is it less expensive if you purchase this package on board the ship? What exactly do you get with this package? Also, how do you dress to get from your room on a lower deck up to the spa?

Cost is typically lower on day of departure. Just go to spa as they will be offering a thermal suite discount. You receive access to thermal loungers, steam room and hydro pool. There are men's/ ladies locker rooms to change into your suit or just wear a coverup over your suit. Day passes are sold IF they do not sell out of cruise length passes.

No discount on the Thermal Suite package for Spa Rooms. You get a yoga mat, iPod docking station and a bottle of water. They say you get discounts on certain spa services, but I don't really believe that (I asked if my discount was because of my spa suite or Mariner status and they said Mariner).

HAL is really off the mark not offering any real spa benefits to their spa staterooms. Most other cruise lines offer their Thermal Suite as part of the Spa Stateroom package.

At least on Koningsdam there is a special staircase for the Spa Suites to use to go to the spa area. It is not inside the Thermal Suite like on Eurodam (if that is still there), but is further forward just behind the "gym". It is located there also because there are treatments rooms on the 10th floor as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums