found parking cheaper at port of miami!!

millineumwoman

well I am a little excited I found parking a little cheaper at port of miami

with united airport parking for port of miami for up to 50% cheaper and including round trip shuttles.!!

talk about that. do you have a link?

with united airport parking for port of miami for up to 50% cheaper and including round trip shuttles.!!

Good job. Save where you can. More foo foo drinks

If you do a search here, United has been discussed in the past. You can find a safer location to park your car. And for less than the port. The area the United lot is located would not be where I'd want my car parked for any length of time. Some of the airport hotels offer parking which I would deem more secure than United. Just do somemore research. And of course if you opt to spend the night precruise, some hotels offer the parking included in your room rate.

Why would you recommend something you have never used?

If you searched this board you would find that company has had a lot of problems with theft, breakins, damage, and non existent shuttles.

United Airport Parking appears to offer significant savings from POM rates. However, I do not like the fact that (1) they do not disclose the location of the lot until after you pay; (2) they expressly disclaim all responsibility for any dispute you may have with their undisclosed Miami "associate"; and (3) I have been unable to locate any favorable reviews anywhere.

Why would you recommend something you have never used?

If you searched this board you would find that company has had a lot of problems with theft, breakins, damage, and non existent shuttles.

Hmmmm, the plot thickens. Maybe we'll keep looking for hotels that offer parking and a shuttle. I wish there was a list somewhere. They are harder to find than you'd think, at a reasonable nightly rate anyway.

Hmmmm, the plot thickens. Maybe we'll keep looking for hotels that offer parking and a shuttle. I wish there was a list somewhere. They are harder to find than you'd think, at a reasonable nightly rate anyway.

I guess I should have read the whole thread before I posted. Thanks for this information!

Depending on when and your budget ("reasonable"), it is not difficult. If you hold our for a hotel with a free shuttle, yes, you will need to work harder. If you are willing to pay the approx. 25.00 for a cab to the port from the hotel you pick, there are some nice places.

Have you checked out parksleepandfly.com for choices?

I am driving down the day before and I found Laquinta airport east, Hampton Inn blue lagoon, Hyatt Summerfield Suites Airport that was recommended with parking included. Laquinta wasn't the safest. the other two are located in the area and I read all the reviews and it is a safe area. The Hyatt's rates with and without parking were both higher than going direct thru parkandfly. So i BOOKEd it today. It was $69 cheaper through them. I googled miamihotels with free parking. Check it out.

We used the Summerfield Suites last year when we cruised with a park/sleep/fly package and it was fantastic! We drove down the day before and the hotel was beautiful! They are suites with a separate bedroom, small kitchen and even included breakfast the next morning. We had the option of a shuttle for $10.00 pp or taxi to get to and from the port and we chose the taxi. It was $30.00 with tip each way and well worth it. We left when we wanted to and got to the port early. If you need any last minute shopping, there is a shopping center 1/4 mile from the hotel with a Publix and several restaurants and a CVS close by. We went there to get things and I believe there was also a liquor store also. We paid with parking, hotel and even breakfast $109.00 plus tax which came out to about $125.00. If you have to get a hotel anyway, this is the way to go. Parking at the port would have been $140.00 alone.

Archived