New promo starting 11/1?

Will be interesting to see what happens with prices given the end of BOGOHO and this.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/14041193_November_Offer_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Won't help me for 2015, but it might sway me to a different ship for 2016 if the price is right.

Edited by shutterbug63

Will be interesting to see what happens with prices given the end of BOGOHO and this.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/14041193_November_Offer_Trade_Flyer.pdf

Won't help me for 2015, but it might sway me to a different ship for 2016 if the price is right.

Thanks for this. I noticed it's very restricted, i.e., no balcony discounts, no Senior/Residency rates, OBC is lost if ship/sale date changes or a fare change is requested.

Could be they are going to stick with the very high fares and use this higher OBC to help sell them.

Thanks for this. I noticed it's very restricted, i.e., no balcony discounts, no Senior/Residency rates, OBC is lost if ship/sale date changes or a fare change is requested.

Could be they are going to stick with the very high fares and use this higher OBC to help sell them.

I noticed that too...and losing the ability to combine rates might negate any savings especially if they stick with the prices as they are now.

I expect the prices to go up to compensate for the OBC. I was holding out to see if there would be a good sale coming, but this is not it. Our price dropped on Wednesday for our Serenade cruise on Jan. 31st and just called to get the drop of $ 168, since prices may go up tomorrow. Since this is not combinable, I will just keep what I have.

Exactly what they are doing per RF

"We are also starting the period with more bookings in hand and at higher prices. Amazingly, despite the

addition of two new vessels, we actually have fewer cabins to sell in the US and Europe – in absolute

terms – than we had at the same time a year ago. With fewer cabins to sell, we have less pressure to do

such last minute discounts. This not only should help our yields, but it should increase guest satisfaction

as last minute discounting is a significant source of discontent to many of our early booking guests. We

are in this favorable condition because of our strong order book and because China is growing a massive

68% in 2015 including the introduction of the QUANTUM OF THE SEAS.

We have therefore decided to take a more consistent approach on pricing. This may well result in slightly

lower load factors, but we think it will raise the satisfaction level of our guests and strengthen the

perception of our brands’ superiority. Strong brands are the best guarantor of our future performance and

we will keep working hard to continually enhance the strength of our brands. "

If you forget to check prices today there is at least one site that records all prices so you can see if they go up for a specific sailing due to this sale (Google finds it easily). With bogo expiring there may actually be a drop overnight, unless this sale is meant to be just a different form of that deal,

Okay, I'm going to do an experiment.

I sailed on Freedom August 24, 2014. I originally booked an E3 in June. Three weeks later, the price had dropped to $749 for that cabin. With the diamond discount (at last minute) of $200, that would be a net cost per person of $649. I paid about $909/pp after the $200 diamond discount.

Today, on the BOGO sale, the price for that same cabin is $849. Take the early diamond balcony discount of $225 and you get a net per person rate of $736.50 if booked today. Not bad considering it's reasonably early.

Now, we see a new sale coming that would give that cabin $600 ($300/pp) of OBC. So I'll look at the prices tomorrow and see what the new per person price is, and then subtract the $300 OBC per person to get a net. Given that I'd be unable to take the diamond balcony discount since they are not combinable, we'll see if the price has gone up considerably to offset the new OBC offer.

My biggest concern now is not the eventual cabin price but the air. We booked our air for that trip in October 2013 and we paid $214/pp in and out of West Palm from Newark. When United cancelled our flights and moved us to flights that we didn't like, I changed us to MCO both ways for no additional cost AND upgrades to premium economy seats (my new BFF at United felt so bad that we had to reschedule both legs of the trip he gave it to me for free).

Today, those same flights into and out of West Palm are over $400/pp. Unbelievable!!! So, my plan to buy air early and wait out the cruise prices is not going my way at this point.