Quantum of the Seas-Photos of Obstructed View cabins Deck 6

I don't know about deck 6, but I saw the deck 8 obstructed views (since we wanted to book those for a future cruise) and think they are great! No obstruction on the first two forward balconies. They are round hull balconies so are kind of "protected". Fantastic views. Same room and same size as other balconies, just the slightly round hull/structure which looks like a big round from outside. Deck 7 forward obs view balconies are the same. Deck 6 may be different because I could not see the balconies on the forward while standing outside the ship and the life boats are double decker, but they are mostly in the middle of the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
Hello. Does anyone have any REAL pictures of the obstructed view cabins on Deck 6. Want to see what it looks like with the lifeboats out the window.

I did not stay in this cabin, I took these photos from our cabin crawl for friends who have an obstructed view on Anthem. Photos from D0 Balcony in Cabin 6160

16000502352_c5921c985e_c.jpg

15378931904_b3368e88c7_c.jpg

15975405386_31c236b3bb_c.jpg

I did not stay in this cabin, I took these photos from our cabin crawl for friends who have an obstructed view on Anthem. Photos from D0 Balcony in Cabin 6160

OMG LoutheGlue... I must have met you but I can't put the face to the name. I also read your handle pre cruise with regard to other posts you made. Maybe you were in one of the other groups of 10 during the cabin crawl:) I hope you follow my review as I go through the day-day cruise... by all means comment on it if you see something I might have missed. Here are my photos from the deck 6 obstructed:

DSC01729_zpsfa3b3ede.jpg

DSC01730_zps4877535f.jpg

DSC01732_zps253eafe4.jpg

And below is a picture from a deck 7 cabin

DSC01733_zps72a0a590.jpg

Take a look at the overhang up above the deck 13 cabins very top... these mid-ship balconies have almost the same view and characteristics of the Radiance Class mid-ship cabins with their overhangs at the top deck and lack of view straight down. Like Radiance Class, the aft and forward balconies have views straight down to the water with better view both forward and aft imho as they stick out more.

Even worse, if you are starboard deck 6 or 7 midship, you are right above the smoking area. I haven;t seen anyone post if they had any issues with smoke in the lower balconies but that would be interesting to hear from someone with experience staying right above the "Bus-stop" (smoking pit)

OMG LoutheGlue... I must have met you but I can't put the face to the name. I also read your handle pre cruise with regard to other posts you made. Maybe you were in one of the other groups of 10 during the cabin crawl:) I hope you follow my review as I go through the day-day cruise... by all means comment on it if you see something I might have missed. Here are my photos from the deck 6 obstructed:

DW and I offered our inside cabin on the cabin crawl so we were in the second group. Defiantly following your review and others from the December 1st. cruise. What an awesome time & experience we had. Can't wait to book Anthem...

• 3 weeks later...

16000502352_c5921c985e_c.jpg

15378931904_b3368e88c7_c.jpg

15975405386_31c236b3bb_c.jpg

Lou, Thanks for the DO photos and the review, which helped me relive the positives of my cruise in QOS--ahh, the food, the skillet cookies,.... but I digress.

I have a question about the DO stateroom pictured. This one has me perplexed because it doesn't seem to match the deckplan, which shows 6160 as the last cabin before a "valley" (or whatever the opposite of a hump is called).

I'm wondering if the cabin crawl didn't visit some slightly more aft, like 6164. I was in 6566 on my sailing and had a very similar view to what your photos show, but expected 6160 to be less obstructed. :confused:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/quantum-of-the-seas-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=705&deck=6

Lou, Thanks for the DO photos and the review, which helped me relive the positives of my cruise in QOS--ahh, the food, the skillet cookies,.... but I digress.

I have a question about the DO stateroom pictured. This one has me perplexed because it doesn't seem to match the deckplan, which shows 6160 as the last cabin before a "valley" (or whatever the opposite of a hump is called).

I'm wondering if the cabin crawl didn't visit some slightly more aft, like 6164. I was in 6566 on my sailing and had a very similar view to what your photos show, but expected 6160 to be less obstructed. :confused:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/quantum-of-the-seas-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=705&deck=6

I could not remember so I looked at our Cabin Crawl list and it states the DO balcony we visited was 6170, so my initial post may have been a typo...sorry...

• 1 month later...

Balcony view from Cabin 6198 (Obstructed View) on Quantum of the Seas. IMHO the view is "not horrible".

Center: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/uploads/1211591/cabin6198_p3.jpg

cabin6198_p3.jpg

Right: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/uploads/1211591/cabin6198_p2.jpg

cabin6198_p2.jpg

Left: http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/uploads/1211591/cabin6198_p1.jpg

cabin6198_p1.jpg

Edited by gold.eagle

Not sure why it won't let me edit the post, but the links are broken now, so I will try again.

Cabin 6198 on Quantum of the Seas.

Center: cabin6198_p3.jpg

Left: cabin6198_p1.jpg

Right: cabin6198_p2.jpg

Another right: cabin6198_p4_e.jpg

Edited by gold.eagle
Fixed typos

• 5 years later...