Are there extra fees/taxes on hotels in Amsterdam?

I'm trying to do a cost comparison between the cruise line hotel package and booking a different hotel on my own for a pre-cruise stay in Amsterdam in late Aug/18. The cruise line has quoted the cost for a two night stay at the Movenpick at C$1317.40. My choice of hotel, for three nights, looks to be just under C$1500, at current exchange rates, so I'm leaning towards an extra night in Amsterdam for slightly more money. There still will be extra costs with booking on my own because the cruise line hotel package includes transfers so I would have to pay for those myself if I booked my own hotel. But would there be VAT or any other charges on any hotel room that I book on my own?

I'm trying to get to a point where I can compare apples to apples since the cruise line package would already account for those fees. Then I can make a better decision as to which will work best for us, given that one of us is elderly and being taken care of in terms of transfers is a plus.

Thank you for your help!

Thank you both for that information. I finally found the City tax information on the hotel website. But I didn't know that the VAT would be included in the price quoted.

Also on anything you buy, souvenirs, food, etc. in shops VAT called BTW in The Netherlands) is always included, no extra tax.