Vatican tickets

Rwjx2

I've been having the most frustrating time trying to purchase tickets for the DIY Vatican Museums & Sistine Chapel with Audioguide. We are flying to Rome a week from Saturday. This is the response I received from Vatican Museums today:

"From: Musei Vaticani - Help OnlineTickets

Sent: ‎Thursday‎, ‎October‎ ‎12‎, ‎2017 ‎1‎:‎00‎ ‎AM

To:

Goodmorning,

whenyou book a ticket on the website of the Vatican Museums, it is requested aprivate code that gives added protection against unauthorized use of your cardwhen you shop at participating online merchants.

Ifyou're using a Mastercard, the private code is called "3d SecureCode" - for further information you can visit the Mastercard Website https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/consumers/payment-technologies/securecode.html

Ifyou're using a Visa, the private code is called "3d Secure FullAuthentication" - for further information you can visit the Visa Website https://usa.visa.com/pay-with-visa/featured-technologies/verified-by-visa.html

Inorder to purchase the tickets on the website of the Vatican Museums, you haveto contact Mastercard or Visa and you have to ask to join the "3DSecure" program. In case ask also to your bank if they join the OTP (OneTime Password). It works with most browsers.

ChaseBank at the moment does not subscribe to “VISA - 3d Secure Full Authentication”or “Mastercard - 3d Secure Code” program needed to complete the transaction onour website.

Youcan try to call Chase Bank and ask to manually approve the charge and then youhave to run it again.

Youcan’t call the bank in advance. You have to try the charge once and have itdenied and then only will Chase approve it the second time.

Regards

CristianaPerfetti

HelpDesk

UfficioServizi e Rapporti con il Pubblico

MuseiVaticani

Cittàdel Vaticano

Email:help.musei@scv.va

SitoInternet: www.museivaticani.va"

So the thing is, I called customer Service at Bank of America where my Visa card is issued and the person I talked to said they were not aware of "3rd Secure Full Authentication". Nice. And when I you click on the link for Visa cards, they want you to apply for a credit card with this feature. No thank you!

We do not want a guided tour and I do like Viator, but did not see the option of having an audioguide in any of their tours. I have to keep digging, I suppose.

Taters, if the charge won't go through, try a different browser. Neither Firefox or Chrome would work for me, but using my iPhone worked fine the first time I tried it. This was using the same cc I had tried already several times on the other browsers, so it was not the credit card. Another poster said Internet Explorer worked for them.

Taters, if the charge won't go through, try a different browser. Neither Firefox or Chrome would work for me, but using my iPhone worked fine the first time I tried it. This was using the same cc I had tried already several times on the other browsers, so it was not the credit card. Another poster said Internet Explorer worked for them.

I will keep trying. Thank you! I guess my phone is next. It hasn't worked on Chrome or IE on my home PC, my laptop or my work computer.

I will keep trying. Thank you! I guess my phone is next. It hasn't worked on Chrome or IE on my home PC, my laptop or my work computer.

I tried a couple different computers as well, using both Firefox and Chrome, to no avail. I tried a cc and a debit card, and the cust svc rep for the debit card said that nothing was coming through to their system from the Vatican; it wasn't that they were refusing it. She said the issue is with the Vatican's site since it wasn't even sending the transaction. I guess you have to find a system that their site will communicate with.

I hated to fill out all the information using my phone keyboard (6plus so it's pretty big but still too small for all that typing!) but since it worked it was worth it. Good luck!

We booked a Vatican Tour just the other day. The tour we booked said it had very limited availability, so I tried to book it ASAP. But I had the same exact problem, kept telling me there was an error with my card, I should try again. I tried that card about 10 times, no luck (it was a RCI Visa card). Then I tried another Visa card and had the same problems. I finally tried a Master Card and it went thru. Just have no idea why the first two card were basically rejected. All I do know is the two cards that I tried to use originally, had no foreign transactions fees associated with them. the MC did and that was the one that went thru.

Anyway, we did get our tour.

Cheers

Len

• 2 weeks later...

It happened to me for 3 nights in a row - I finally tried during the afternoon hrs and it worked no problem ....maybe they do site maintenance during early morning hrs and time difference?? Try it during day and hopefully it will work for you too. I got mine about 1 week ago

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app