Cartagena Advice

CATandSQUID

The first time we went to Cartegena we used Dora for a City Highlights tour. She was wonderful and we had a group of 8 people that we put together thru the roll call. When we went again over this past Thanksgiving we did a ship's tour to the National Aviary of Colombia. Again, a wonderful tour. We had a full bus but when we got to the Aviary we were split into 2 groups with separate guides. As many have previously said, it is very hot so bring bottled water and maybe some wipes to cool off. Whatever you do, Cartegena is a fabulous city.

Helen

I know that most of these responses are for real land excursions to see more than a few things around port but I write this for the few that might also like to see a few sights that might not be physically able or have desire to venture very far. We just returned from panama canal trip and simply walked down pier to nearby park area with shopping and Juan Valdez coffee shop and enjoyed it immensely. We saw monkeys, peacocks, flamingos and other birds and creatures in cool pleasant shaded area. It doesn't include historical or other type sites but ended up being a great trip off ship at the end of a wonderful cruise.

Many, many years on our first time in Cartagena, we did a tour of the city along with the Old Walled City. Enjoyed it very much.

The port area has been building up the zoo that they have there.

One tour to stay away from -- which we also did many years ago -- was the 1 hour tour of the harbor on an old "pirate" ship -- terribly hot -- I won't recommend it to anyone.

How about A Stroll through the Old Walled City? has anyone heard anything?

We walked from the ship to the old walled area. Loooooooong walk and the heat was horrid. Wouldn’t do it again. And we walk 12+ miles a day on many cruises.

Sent from my iPad using Forums