Room-mate cancellation question for Carnival

Jjknoxvegas

My room-mate for my early March cruise on the Vista is having some medical issues. What happens if my room-mate just can't come? The trip is all paid for so I'm assuming there wouldn't be any extra charge for me....

But I'll probably be "out of luck" for the cheers drink package we were both about to pay for in February. I assume they won't let me have the drink package by myself...

Should be no problem with Cheers! If your room-mate knows they have to cancel at least a day out, have them cancel, and you can buy Cheers for yourself as the only adult in the cabin up until midnight day before sailing (IIRC). If your room-mate will be a last-minute go/no-go decision on the day of the cruise, then wait until you get on board and buy Cheers then, for $5 more per day.

The only fly in this ointment would be if the roommate cancels within the window where there can be a refund. This means up to 15 days prior to sailing some money could be refunded, as little as 25% of the total fare.

If money is refunded, Carnival could hit you up for a single supplement, because the cancellation fee your ex roomie paid will not be considered as fare paid for your room.

Best if the roomie is a no show. In any case you will only have to pay for one drink package.

My room-mate for my early March cruise on the Vista is having some medical issues. What happens if my room-mate just can't come? The trip is all paid for so I'm assuming there wouldn't be any extra charge for me....

But I'll probably be "out of luck" for the cheers drink package we were both about to pay for in February. I assume they won't let me have the drink package by myself...

Have the person as a no show and you will get back port charges and taxes back after the cruise.