Whats the best month to cruise Hawaii

Laszlo

When is the best month to cruise Hawaii?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. When is the best month to cruise Hawaii?

We did April-Easter break.(the only time we've been to Hawaii. )The weather was overcast a few days/cool and rainy. The water was a little cool for comfortable swimming or snorkelling. Maybe Summer or early Spring is a better time.

I've been to Hawaii twice - the first in Mid October and everything was perfect - warm every day mid to upper 80s. Water temps perfect and just the start of the big season for the surf on the North shore. The second time was in mid January and again things were great (its Hawaii?!) but temps were a little cooler - 70s instead of 80s and more overcast days. Ocean was a little cool on the windy days - wasnt able to enjoy it as much as we could have. (read had to drink at the bar instead of while floating on the raft in the ocean!). Not too big of a problem to deal with! No matter which you choose - have a GREAT time.

We went in January 2006 and the weather was awesome every day. Great for swimming, snorkeling, being outdoors. We had a couple nights that were windy while sailing between islands. We did see some whales too.

In Nov 1991 the weather was great the first half+ of our stay. The second half it was overcast and rainy a lot of the time.

I think a lot of it depends on the weather pattern moving through at the time.

Winter high temps average in the mid to high 70s. Summer highs average in the low to mid 80s.

Used to live on Oahu and cool weather for us was in the mid 70's. It does shower almost every day. In the time I lived there we never had a day that we could not get in the water except for storms/wind. We loved Dec-Feb for the whales, and North Shore surf can be amazing, even if you just are watching.

The first time we went to Hawaii was a land trip in January. It was one of the worst weather vacations we've ever been on. It rained every day, winds were very strong, and I wore the hoodie meant only for the plane from Minnesota, every day! So, our experience in January was not good.

We had a "do over" on an NCL cruise in September. It was perfect. Every day out of 10 was fantastic. Everything is more fun and beautiful in the sunshine. :) Of course, you could have good or bad weather at any time in Hawaii, but I think September is a good choice. Their college football team is the Rainbows and you don't get that name without some rain.

Been to Hawaii (Oahu) three times. February; don't remember the weather being bad at all. April; Was a little cool, but still acceptable. August; Remember it being quite warm, but perfect for swimming and sightseeing.

You'll always see a perpetual black cloud hanging over the mountains from the Honolulu side, but not a lot of rain.

So based on that, ANYTIME is a good to vacation in Hawaii! :D

Aloha

Archived