Kids club age exceptions

hobster7

My daughter is 14 and my son is 11. My son will turn 12 a month after we sail. We are also with another family that has a 12 year old.

Will Carnival allow an exception to be made to allow my son to be in Circle C (12-14) instead of Camp Carnival (9-11)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if the birthday is within 6 months of sailing, they will make an exception.

Timing of birthday has nothing to do with it. Strictly up to the staff. Usually based on number of kids in each group for that cruise.

It has never worked for us, and I have tried on four cruises. I have read where people said they did it, but they would never do it for me. The first two times we tried, we were trying to put our children in the same club so they would have someone they knew in there. On each occasion, one daughter had just moved out of the age maximum for each club by four months. They would not put them together no matter how nice I was or who I pleaded with. Here are the other two incidents that happened: Three years ago my oldest daughter (a high school senior) had just turned 18 and was not allowed in Club 02 with her 17 year old senior friends traveling with us. So, none of them were able to do Club 02. Last year, my youngest daughter (a high school freshman) took a friend. My daughter had just turned 15 and her friend was still 14. They would not let her friend move up to Club 02 or let my daughter move down to Circle C. I went to guest services, talked with the staff and then the manager of each club on all four occasions. No one would make an exception and told me they had a very strict age policy. We were traveling during Spring Break each of the four times, so that could have been the reason they wouldn't budge. They really should change the ages for the clubs to elementary, middle, and high school groups and not worry about the actual ages. It never ruined our vacation, but it did frustrate us tremendously each time. My children always ended up meeting people anyway, but they never could participate in the fun activities inside of Club 02 or Circle C.

I should add that my 18 year old daughter's friend was turning 18 the week after we returned from the cruise (they were both high school seniors). My other daughter's 14 year old freshman friend was turning 15 one month after we returned from the cruise (they were both high school freshmen). I really don't understand this policy at all.

I should add that my 18 year old daughter's friend was turning 18 the week after we returned from the cruise (they were both high school seniors). My other daughter's 14 year old freshman friend was turning 15 one month after we returned from the cruise (they were both high school freshmen). I really don't understand this policy at all.

Well they have to have some type of structure and organization with the kids. Any camp at home has groups based on ages. And if you make exceptions all of the time, then why bother with the policy. As far as an 18 year old in camp with minors, that could be a liability issue even if they are a brand new 18 year-old. We had an 18 year old with us last year whose birthday was 3 weeks before. She could not participate in Club 02. What grade they're in has nothing to do with it.

Oh, I know their grade has nothing to do with it, but it should. If an 18 year old is in high school, then he/she should be allowed to hang out with other high school seniors - especially if they just turned 18. They are not separated by ages in high schools or churches, so I don't understand why they should be separated on a ship IF a parent requests that they not be. Same with all other ages. I understand Carnival's age policies and was trying to let the poster know that they would not make an exception for us on four occasions in which the birthdays were very close to the cruise date. I believe they should have made exceptions, but they did not. I just think they need a little wiggle room when it comes to birthdays that are close to the cruise date - especially when they do make exceptions for others (if the posts I have read are correct).

Oh, I know their grade has nothing to do with it, but it should. If an 18 year old is in high school, then he/she should be allowed to hang out with other high school seniors - especially if they just turned 18. They are not separated by ages in high schools or churches, so I don't understand why they should be separated on a ship IF a parent requests that they not be. Same with all other ages. I understand Carnival's age policies and was trying to let the poster know that they would not make an exception for us on four occasions in which the birthdays were very close to the cruise date. I believe they should have made exceptions, but they did not. I just think they need a little wiggle room when it comes to birthdays that are close to the cruise date - especially when they do make exceptions for others (if the posts I have read are correct).

My vacation bible school classes are indeed divided based on age. Besides, K-5 is elementary for us. I don't want my 5 year old in camp with an 10 year old. That doesn't even make sense. Nor should a 14 year old be in a camp with a 17 year old. 18 year olds shouldn't be in the teen camp. I do think it would be a great idea if they had a group for 18-21 year olds. My friend's daughter had fun on our cruise but she felt a bit out of place. Too young to do much with the adults (especially at night) and too old to be in club O2.

If they are going to make exceptions, it should be a set of set criteria so people are treated the same. JMO.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk