celebrity response on carnival misbehavings

beentothere

How would they act to keep us safe?

Was a 25% discount on a future cruise appropriate?

Do all incidents get immediately reported to senior management to monitor? And take

corrective and preventative actions?

Extreme behavior by passengers are charged for damages and more?

Are the identities released for other cruise members substantially inconvenienced to sue?

How would they act to keep us safe?

Was a 25% discount on a future cruise appropriate?

Do all incidents get immediately reported to senior management to monitor? And take

corrective and preventative actions?

Extreme behavior by passengers are charged for damages and more?

Are the identities released for other cruise members substantially inconvenienced to sue?

Very hypothetical to be sure, yet personally:

1) X's security does everything in its' power to keep its' passengers and crew members safe and secure while aboard and/or within their facilities on land there is an established chain of communications for these types of situations for sure;

2) what is the reason I would need a discount unless I could establish that X's crew did nothing to protect my safety? Do you believe they, X, needs to be responsible for every passengers behaviour? I believe they need to do their best to protect us, when notified or observed of bad behaviour from other passengers or crew members. Providing any discount is a kindness and generous, which in many cases is not needed unless there was an extreme situation existed of which the Carnival situation may have been, in my opine. Any discount should be provided for passengers not traveling with the group identified being the problem but caught up in the situation and not provocateurs of the situation as best as can be established.

3) I Am sure X prosecutes to maximum extent of the law in the country where passengers/crew members are being charged and/or lives as well as any applicable US law where applicable and enforceable;

4) Of course all incidents or suspected incidents are to/should be reported immediately to the Captain and shore-side Corporate and of course if local law enforcement needs to be involved, they will be notified for further action in port; and

5) what is the reason for other passengers need to sue unless there is negligence on X's part can be established by 'discovery' by US standards?

Just in case you do not know, there are many International standards along with local standards that need to be applied to situations you are referring to. If you are an American, please remember Our rights here in the U.S, usually, just usually are not the same in other countries and on the high seas where the laws are different. Yet there are a few expectations which we as US citizens can expect and guaranteed under US law while sailing.

If I recollect correctly, there recently was another thread here in this specific forum covering a similar hypothetical situation.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

Many years ago, I was on a Royal Carribean cruise and there was a man in the pool area flashing himself to every woman that walked by. I called security and they went and told him to stop. That’s it. I learned then that US laws don’t apply while in international waters.

Side note: the next day I saw him leaving the ship with his wife and 2 kids. [emoji849] Pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did actually have an issue with a very large, very drunk passenger on a Celebrity cruise to Hawaii in 2016. And honestly security was pretty useless. They sent one tiny security officer who just basically followed the guy around. At one point the drink guys started throwing dollar bills at the guard, got in his face yelling "I pay your salary". That was kind of amusing but there was no way that little guard could have stopped that guys from doing anything if he wanted to really fight.

We did actually have an issue with a very large, very drunk passenger on a Celebrity cruise to Hawaii in 2016. And honestly security was pretty useless. They sent one tiny security officer who just basically followed the guy around. At one point the drink guys started throwing dollar bills at the guard, got in his face yelling "I pay your salary". That was kind of amusing but there was no way that little guard could have stopped that guys from doing anything if he wanted to really fight.

t - I Am sure that I would think the same thing. Yet, at a local liquor store, that I often frequent for one reason or another..., there is a gent who is all of 5' 5" tall who was military. One would never know it unless you talk with him and hear some of stories of those who thought he was a runt...

Not pleasant for one guy who recently did some shop lifting in the store. It was a stomp down for sure and the larger guy definitely did not win.

Net-net I would not discount, although I have in the past, those of smaller stature in such position readily...it is possible that the guard was being restrained... in lieu of inflicting great pain and suffering on the guest if not necessary.

Thanks for the input and bon voyage

Hopefully Carnival will ban that entire family for life. (on any ship that falls under the unbrella of their brand)

Cruise lines cannot, or will not, "handle" a bunch of rude people who do the chair hog thing so this is no surprise

Remember the most important part of this equation is money. We were on a Celebrity cruise and there were a group of a**holes who wandered around the ship smoking cigars everywhere they wanted. We spoke with security and were advised that these crime figures did what they wanted because they had spent a lot of money and no one was going to stop them.

The 20+ pigs on this cruise represent a chunk of money to the cruise line — probably more than you, so expect to see them back on a cruise near you in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums