MSC Cruises

marcoigna

good day all -

for some reason i could not find any Roll Calls for any MSC Cruise ships - we have now sailed with them 4 times including a 21 night cruise to Brazil - just in case anyone is curious, they are very, very gay friendly - so i would never hesitate to sail with them - on the last cruises, they hosted LGBT gathering (Friends of Dorothy some call it) and it was well attended and made a fun experience....

we love MSC so much, especially the Yacht Club (100% the best value at sea today) - that we are booked a total of 4 weeks (2 x 2 back to back) in 2018 on the new Seaside as well as a Med Cruise in 2019 -

if anyone has any questions to ask, please go ahead - but honestly you should not miss out MSC when the rates are sooooo good - as one day the Yacht Club prices will most likely increase the the price of the Haven -

• 2 weeks later...
good day all -

for some reason i could not find any Roll Calls for any MSC Cruise ships - we have now sailed with them 4 times including a 21 night cruise to Brazil - just in case anyone is curious, they are very, very gay friendly - so i would never hesitate to sail with them - on the last cruises, they hosted LGBT gathering (Friends of Dorothy some call it) and it was well attended and made a fun experience....

we love MSC so much, especially the Yacht Club (100% the best value at sea today) - that we are booked a total of 4 weeks (2 x 2 back to back) in 2018 on the new Seaside as well as a Med Cruise in 2019 -

if anyone has any questions to ask, please go ahead - but honestly you should not miss out MSC when the rates are sooooo good - as one day the Yacht Club prices will most likely increase the the price of the Haven -

We have booked on the MSC Orchestra for March 14, 2018 to the Mediterranean. First time on MSC but we've been on several cruises and different lines. We're looking forward to the new experience with MSC.

Is difficult to get tables for two in the dining room?

Have you ever booked excursions through MSC? If so, did you have a good experience?

We have sailed a Divina twice and had pretty active roll calls. The longer cruise had a Cruise Critic gathering that was well attended. I think all the ships are listed but if you sail dates aren’t listed in the search tool you can start one?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the info, in what way are they particularly gay friendly, do they do something extra beyond some of the other cruise lines? Being an Italian line are the ship announcements made in several languages? This can become tiresome after a while.

Hi Waldorf Guys,

We are Rvrman and struggling to navigate this website. Gosh, they don’t make it easy. We are in the Lakes and often come down to Lytham. Just about to go off on Viking in two weeks time.

Not sure how we pick-up messages from here, so please forgive if we don’t get back to you right away.

All the best, R V L man.

Hi Waldorf Guys,

We are Rvrman and struggling to navigate this website. Gosh, they don’t make it easy. We are in the Lakes and often come down to Lytham. Just about to go off on Viking in two weeks time.

Not sure how we pick-up messages from here, so please forgive if we don’t get back to you right away.

All the best, R V L man.

Hi there, we like the look of the Viking Ocean ships and certainly intend to try them when time permits, a poorly dog doesn’t help with holiday planning! Not sure if messages can be sent on here but you can email at waldorf53 at yahoo.co.uk. Cheers Alan & Andy

Thanks for the info, in what way are they particularly gay friendly, do they do something extra beyond some of the other cruise lines? Being an Italian line are the ship announcements made in several languages? This can become tiresome after a while.

i guess i just wanted to express that they are more than accepting of gay passengers - they dont do anything more than other cruise lines, and would not expect them too - but it was nice to see on MSC that they do host a well attend FOD -

on the Divina in the Caribbean, they do very few announcements, but at shows, they do offer different languages to welcome people - with the new Seaside and the "americanization" time will tell with this

Hi there, we like the look of the Viking Ocean ships and certainly intend to try them when time permits, a poorly dog doesn’t help with holiday planning! Not sure if messages can be sent on here but you can email at waldorf53 at yahoo.co.uk. Cheers Alan & Andy

Hi Alan & Andy, we did email you a couple of days ago at the above address but wondering if it got through to you? Did we get something wrong in the address? Find this cruise critic site frustrating difficult. Nigel.

Good to hear! BF and I are doing our first MSC cruise in January 28, the Seaside actually. Have only done 5 cruises, all with RC or NCL. I wanted a change and MSC seem to be more elegant ships and hopefully not too many kids on board. I love kids - but somehow kids on vacation mode seem a bit more obnoxious. Next up to try is Celebrity, but I am very excited to see what MSC has to offer.

• 4 weeks later...

Good to hear of MSC acknowledging and welcoming LGBT cruisers. I look forward to seeing what time the meet up is in the 2018 Seaside cruise I've got booked. :cool:

I have to say MSC's North American call center needs a swift boot in the posterior though. My goodness they're so scripted and a pain to deal with, I feel like a human is a machine there. :( I'm hoping the experience on the ship is far better! FWIW... NCL's Mesa call center leaves a lot to be desired too.

We were interested in the YC on MSC SEASIDE until we saw the pictures of the suites (there is a thread on the MSC board) They look like conference rooms in a 1980's Holiday Inn. I understand the low prices now.

We were interested in the YC on MSC SEASIDE until we saw the pictures of the suites (there is a thread on the MSC board) They look like conference rooms in a 1980's Holiday Inn. I understand the low prices now.

wow - i dont see that at all - there is a difference from the Inside Yacht Club to the Balcony Yacht Club - the Balcony Yacht Clubs are quite nice - but dont really know what you are expecting...

• 1 month later...

We just returned for a 10 day cruise on MSC Divina.....LOVED it.!!!! They do have LGBT get togethers announced in the daily program. However, if you'd like to meet fellow travelers, go the first (or second sea day, if applicable) as those were the only days it was in the daily bulletin. Once you meet others, you can arrange for your own get togethers when/where you choose.