How early to book Maya Chan?

calmpets

So much depends on how many ships are in port, the hours the ships are in port and to some degree which cruise line. We recently decided to do a "last minute" cruise less than 30 days prior to departure. We considered three cruises that stopped in Costa Maya on three different days during the same week. I emailed Mark at Maya Chan, and he told me they were booked solid for two of the three days, but they could accommodate us on the third. So we booked the third cruise :D

We have also had situations where they have been fully booked months in advance, and one case where we had no problem about six weeks out. One other time, the cruise we were looking at arrived late morning in Costa Maya, while another ship arrived very early and was scheduled to leave in the early afternoon. They told us we could come, and as soon as someone left from the early cruise we would get their palapa. If no one left early, we might have to wait 60-90 minutes. I am not sure if they normally do this, but we had been to Maya Chan several times before and they were going out of their way to be accommodating. We ended up getting a much better deal on an Eastern Caribbean cruise instead so we did not go. But, I would have taken them up on the offer and grabbed a floating chair or a seat in the bar.

When in doubt, email them. They always respond promptly. And once you get there, the service is always fantastic.

So, I was really getting excited about possibly spending our Costa Maya port stop at Maya Chan. Until I just reviewed our booking and see that our port time is from 1:00--9:00 p.m. Sounds like we won't be able to do it now. I'm so sad.

Do any of you have experience with a late arrival time and going to Maya Chan? How do they accommodate for lunch and taxis for cruise passengers on such a late schedule, if at all?