Tortola/Antigua/St.Thomas/Nassau. Which ports of call to skip a shore excursion?

Quesopano

Hi!! I am on the Carnival Breeze leaving in March, and we will be going to Tortola, Antigua, St. Thomas, and Nassau. I was just curious if people have not done a shore excursion in these areas and how it was? I am planning on doing a shore excursion for probably two stops, and just cannot figure out which stops to do that on! I am hoping that there will just be gorgeous beaches a short cab ride away? Any help would be great, thanks!

I would skip nassau and St Thomas.

There are way more cruises that go to these 2 islands so more chance of getting back there. Tortola has really nice beaches with rock caves that were fun and Antigua we caught public transport (a group of us from the ship)to the beach and had a great day there.

Agreed, skip the excursion in St. Thomas and Nassau.

In St. Thomas you can take a short taxi ride to the beach or walk around Charlotte Amalie.

In Nassau you can take a water taxi for $3 over to Atlantis and do the free stuff. Right at the port you can walk to the straw market, Junkaroo Beach, the Fish Fry or go shopping in the down town area. If you do your research ahead of time you could even do a self guided walking tour.

Did this itinerary on the freedom last year.. here's my .02

st thomas - visit sapphire beach - So beautiful

nassau - i would do an excursion here, simply because there not much to do if you walk around outside the port. So a snorkeling trip or something would be good.

Antigua - 365 beaches, one for every day of the year ! you can't go wrong beaching it here. (

Tortola = i'd do an excursion to virgin gorda or JVD if you have time..

We are doing the same itinerary on the Breeze.

We plan on staying on the ship in Nassau for a few reasons.

When you go through the Port, the hawkers can be very aggresive, touchy, begging...ugh !

Also, the times are weird, Noon to 7... *** ?

Lastly, it's the day before disembarkation. Soak up the atmosphere of the ship without all the people on board.

JMO

Have a great Cruise !

Hi!! I am on the Carnival Breeze leaving in March, and we will be going to Tortola, Antigua, St. Thomas, and Nassau. I was just curious if people have not done a shore excursion in these areas and how it was? I am planning on doing a shore excursion for probably two stops, and just cannot figure out which stops to do that on! I am hoping that there will just be gorgeous beaches a short cab ride away? Any help would be great, thanks!

The only one that you might not want a shore excursion is Nassau. You could walk around the town and go visit the Atlantis there. Loved the light fixtures and the aquarium on site. The Baths at Tortola are great. Really liked the beach in Antigua. St. Thomas is crowded so you might do an excursion there too. All are stunning. Catamarin rides are great if one offers such an excursion. Have fun.

In Antigua, Tortola and St. Thomas there are beautiful beaches to get to by way of an easy taxi ride. Therefore I would definitly choose Nassau for an excursion. If the ocean temperature is warm enough to swim I would choose a snorkeling excursion in Nassau.

If all of these are new ports to you then I would alternate beach days with excursion days and choose Nassau as an excursion day. If there are a lot of ships in port in St. Thomas (7 for my day in March), an excursion might be a good idea here.

In Antigua, definitely get a a taxi and have the driver take you up to Shirley Heights, the old British lookout point at the peak of the island. Million dollar views of the water from there. At least 8 different colors. In 11 trips to the Caribbean, it is the most stunning view we've had.

Don't miss it!

Archived