Anything to do around the port without having to venture far?

scottb8888

Are there restaurants, shops, etc.

First thing....there are 3 cruise ship ports. Which cruise line and which pier?

All of them have shops, restaurants....but Cozumel is the easiest port to navigate and get around by taxi. Don't be concerned about it. Take a taxi to town if all you want to do is shop and eat. Hundreds of stores and little quaint restaurants.

For about $10-11 each way up to 4 of you can taxi to the Money Bar - great water views, good food, drinks and service, lots of chairs/tables/loungers, lockers and good facilities, plus good snorkeling from the shore. No admission fee! An inexpensive place to relax and chill out away from the crowds for a few hours. Enjoy! :cool:

Kids don't want to do excursions so we are looking for something in port. Disney Fantasy

Then you should dock at Punta Langosta, in town. Easy to walk to shops, bars, restaurants.

How old are the kids? Not much for kids to do - small museum, chocolate factory, El Mercado, small old church, main square, amazing race.

What kid does not want a day at the beach. The best part is you don't need an excursion -- you can do it on your own schedule. There are MANY beach clubs to choose from -- Coz is an island.;) Check out Playa Mia (especially good for toddlers), Paradise Beach, Money Bar, Sanchos, Chankanaab and others often suggested on this board and trip advisor.

Taxis are easy, relatively cheap, and fairly well regulated on Cozumel (especially compared to the crooks in Philly! :mad: ) - fares to all of the popular tourist spots will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier. It never hurts to verify the fare with the driver BEFORE you get into the taxi.

17 and 21.... not into beaches ??

Lol! Guess we assumed they were younger!

I haven’t done it but for that age I would suggest checking out Amazing race (it gets repeatedly good reviews).

Or, if it appeals, for a fun family activity I can recommend Josefina’s cooking class - trip to Mercado and tortilleria and then hands-on cooking class to help make authentic lunch in a local’s home, including margaritas and local beer.

Lol! Guess we assumed they were younger!

I haven’t done it but for that age I would suggest checking out Amazing race (it gets repeatedly good reviews).

Or, if it appeals, for a fun family activity I can recommend Josefina’s cooking class - trip to Mercado and tortilleria and then hands-on cooking class to help make authentic lunch in a local’s home, including margaritas and local beer.

How do I find this class?