Back-to-Back Excursions

Twitchly

We’ve signed up for back-to-back Viking excursions in a couple of ports (Amsterdam and Bergen) on our upcoming cruise. Is this nuts? I think one port has an hour between excursions and the other has about 90 minutes. Is that cutting it too close, or does Viking schedule these things with enough padding? What has your experience been?

I would also like to know the answer to this as on our upcoming Homelands cruise we have only 15 minutes between an optional tour that we would like to do, and the included one. We would obviously like to do both if possible.

I tried to book back to back excursions on our cruise but it wouldn't allow it to go through. I called and was told that there has to be enough time ( I believe it was 1 hour ) between the tours. I would call Viking to clarify. Enjoy your cruise.

While on-board we checked with the Explorer Desk to see if we could book an optional (paid) excursion immediately following an included excursion. There was only a short time between. The service rep told us there was space available and suggested that when we returned from the first excursion we should go directly to the bus for the second. If there was still space, the guide could write a ticket by hand and it would be added to our account later. The service rep said that if she booked us on the excursion and we missed it, she would not be able to give us a refund. This worked for us although it was was a fast run to the World Cafe to get a sandwich to go.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

While on-board we checked with the Explorer Desk to see if we could book an optional (paid) excursion immediately following an included excursion. There was only a short time between. The service rep told us there was space available and suggested that when we returned from the first excursion we should go directly to the bus for the second. If there was still space, the guide could write a ticket by hand and it would be added to our account later. The service rep said that if she booked us on the excursion and we missed it, she would not be able to give us a refund. This worked for us although it was was a fast run to the World Cafe to get a sandwich to go.

Good to know that’s possible. Thanks!

I cancelled one of our excursions on one of our double-decker days. Just seemed like too much organized touring. Good to know we can see what’s available at the last minute in case we change our minds.

We were recently on the Star, and some guest did indeed go on back-to-back excursions in Algiers. Although we did not do this personally, we spoke to others who went on the included excursion in the morning, and then an optional excursion in the afternoon. I don't know if they were able to make both reservations online, but I suspect they had to do it in person when on the ship.

This post reminds me of a certain party of four who were on our morning tour one day. They made pests of themselves by asking at every opportunity if they tour was going to end on time because they had a tight schedule due to booking an afternoon tour. They were so annoying! :rolleyes:

This post reminds me of a certain party of four who were on our morning tour one day. They made pests of themselves by asking at every opportunity if they tour was going to end on time because they had a tight schedule due to booking an afternoon tour. They were so annoying! :rolleyes:

Oh, good. I’ll be sure to do the same. [emoji12]

Hahahha! No you won't. We're on the same cruise with you and I know you will be a perfect angel. Not one of those people. :p

Now that I know we’re on the same cruise I’ll definitely try to behave!