Currently on Solstice - Quick Overview

TxnAquarian

Currently, we are on the Solstice 12-day New Zealand cruise. Ports have been great, and we were blessed with a picture-perfect day at Milford Sound - truly amazing! Currently enroute from Akaroa to Wellington.

We are dining in Blu this time - usually we cruise in suites, but the pricing has been getting a bit much. Blu is fine. The staff are lovely. I always find the menus boring, but we like dining there for the more personal ambiance. I don’t know how they remember everyone’s names after the first night!

After a few cruises on Azamara and Silversea, we had forgotten how much Celebrity nickles and dimes. Charging $20 for a shuttle into town from an industrial port is the biggest scam going. Twice now, our express service laundry hasn’t arrived by 5pm....or 7 or 8 for that matter. And each time we called about it, the staff acts so confused. The boarding officers are a little aggressive - my room key wasn’t working when I was disembarking at one port and the guy was asking me if it was my key and where did I get it from.

The ship is in great shape. Overall, staff are friendly. The Solarium remains my favorite spot on ANY ship. The strawberry cheesecake at Al Bacio continues to be my weakness.

We are having a great cruise! Can’t wait to return to New Zealand. Celebrity used to be at the top of our list - unfortunately, it’s moving down little by little. But we are always thankful to be able to do these trips!

Michael

Hi Michael.

Hope you enjoy the remainder of your cruise mate.

We are doing the same cruise in about 3 weeks time and really looking forward to seeing New Zealand and cruising on the Solstice for the first time.

Any tips Michael would be great.

Cheers Bob.