Your Time Dining - Reservations?

SeaMeCruisin

So I have an issue that I'd much appreciate some guidance on... Booked a cruise for multiple couples. One booked directly with Carnival, three others through a travel agent. As it worked out, 3 couples were assigned Early Dining and one was assigned Your Time Dining (YTD) and waitlisted for Early Dining. The issue is, as you might imagine, we'd all like to be seated together in the dining room. I was told it's possible to have the bookings "linked" so that this could be accomodated, but since three of the bookings were arranged through a travel agent, the TA would have to request the change. Well, no one can get ahold of the TA. I think they may be out of business. They have completely gone dark, will not answer calls or emails-- and Carnival WILL NOT work around them.

The only thing I could think of for us to be able to sit together is to all move to YTD and go about it that way, but we'd want to eat around the same time each night, which I've been told is possible via YTD reservations. That said, I can't find any info on how to make these reservations with YTD, and although I've been on a few cruises, I have no experience with YTD.

And one more complication: the couple that booked separately from the rest has never been on a cruise and one of them just had a hip and knee replaced due to an accident, and will be using a scooter.

Can anyone help here or give us some ideas on how to dine together at one set time?

Any help much appreciated!

Hi,

IF you all change your reservations to YTD and there is room for all of you to do that(they only allow a certain number of those bookings) then you don't make reservations for dinner. You just show up at the MDR at the same time and ask for a table together as you would do on land in a restaurant.

So I have an issue that I'd much appreciate some guidance on... Booked a cruise for multiple couples. One booked directly with Carnival, three others through a travel agent. As it worked out, 3 couples were assigned Early Dining and one was assigned Your Time Dining (YTD) and waitlisted for Early Dining. The issue is, as you might imagine, we'd all like to be seated together in the dining room. I was told it's possible to have the bookings "linked" so that this could be accomodated, but since three of the bookings were arranged through a travel agent, the TA would have to request the change. Well, no one can get ahold of the TA. I think they may be out of business. They have completely gone dark, will not answer calls or emails-- and Carnival WILL NOT work around them.

The only thing I could think of for us to be able to sit together is to all move to YTD and go about it that way, but we'd want to eat around the same time each night, which I've been told is possible via YTD reservations. That said, I can't find any info on how to make these reservations with YTD, and although I've been on a few cruises, I have no experience with YTD.

And one more complication: the couple that booked separately from the rest has never been on a cruise and one of them just had a hip and knee replaced due to an accident, and will be using a scooter.

Can anyone help here or give us some ideas on how to dine together at one set time?

Any help much appreciated!

If you can all get changed to YTD that's a good option. You could make reservations at the steak house for one night (or all if cost isn't an issue.) There's also the Lido and other food options on board (not sure what ship you're on.) Juste depends on how important it is to eat together. Good luck!

Tables of 8 are hard to come by in YTD.

At worst see the MD at embarkation (usually around 1:30, check the FunTimes). Best if one from each cabin goes together.

About the scooter passenger, they need to make sure it can fit thru their door as it cannot be stored in the hallway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a similar situation on our last group cruise. A few weeks before our cruise, I emailed the Maitre D for our ship, and requested a table for 8 at late seating. In the email I included all of the the guest names and cabin numbers in our party. I received an email about a week before the cruise confirming our request, and they even provided our table number. Some of our reservations were with our travel agent, and some weren’t, so hopefully this will work for you too. [emoji2]Bon Voyage! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would recommend switching to YTD but you cannot make reservations. On Celebrity you can but not on Carnival. It has been reported that there usually isn’t a wait when they first open up at 5:45pm so I would plan to have everyone go there at that time.

Wouldn't they have to contact the " missing " TA for the 3 couples booked with them to make the change from early to YTD first?