FTTF clarification

AmberMarie

I've used FTTF before, but this is my first time noticing this. We chose 10-10:30 as our check-in time (because you have to choose something and at the time did not have FTTF), we then purchased FTTF back in February. I notice now on the Carnival website under "my orders" it says "12-1" next to the FTTF purchase. So now I have both sets of times in my cruise details on the carnival website (one time is in the booking details at the top, and the other time is next to my FTTF purchase order at the bottom). With FTTF we can arrive at any time, correct?

When I purchased FTTF, I had already completed my online documents and my printout said 1 - 2 pm. I went back in and edited my boarding information to select a new time. I picked the 10:00-10:30 time and reprinted my documents. I didn't want to take the chance of having an issue at security from a poorly trained employee.

I would keep the 12-1 slot. You can arrive at any time with FTTF so your time is just a placeholder. We did the early slot last cruise for my sister before the purchased FTTF and I wish I could have released that time for someone else who could benefit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've used FTTF before, but this is my first time noticing this. We chose 10-10:30 as our check-in time (because you have to choose something and at the time did not have FTTF), we then purchased FTTF back in February. I notice now on the Carnival website under "my orders" it says "12-1" next to the FTTF purchase. So now I have both sets of times in my cruise details on the carnival website (one time is in the booking details at the top, and the other time is next to my FTTF purchase order at the bottom). With FTTF we can arrive at any time, correct?

Arrive when you want.

I would keep the 12-1 slot. You can arrive at any time with FTTF so your time is just a placeholder. We did the early slot last cruise for my sister before the purchased FTTF and I wish I could have released that time for someone else who could benefit. Sent from my iPad using Forums

From what others have said on here, it you have FTTF and plan on getting there early, keep your early time slot. The object of the staggered check in times is to keep the flow in the terminal steady. If the early time slot is full and the majority of the people with FTTF and Priority come early, it causes congestion.

From what others have said on here, it you have FTTF and plan on getting there early, keep your early time slot. The object of the staggered check in times is to keep the flow in the terminal steady. If the early time slot is full and the majority of the people with FTTF and Priority come early, it causes congestion.

Yeah and it seems like the early slots are now only available to the D/P/FTTF so even if they pick a late one, it won’t open up for anyone else. Found that out first hand on my cruise in October.

Yeah and it seems like the early slots are now only available to the D/P/FTTF so even if they pick a late one, it won’t open up for anyone else. Found that out first hand on my cruise in October.
What you are saying matches my experience with my group this year. Anyone who bought FTTF had check in times available right away including 10-1030 and 1030-11. The rest did not have the ability to choose check in times until end of September (3/4/18 sailing) with the earliest choice being 11-1130. Later on, a couple of those cabins got FTTF and then the 2 earlier time slots populated into thier choices. It seems that Carnival is trying to further equalize check in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app