Where does Cunard dock in NY?

smarks

Hi fellow cruisers, I will be sailing Cunard from Southampton to NY in 2019. Could someone please tell me where Cunard docks. I have read Brooklyn and also Manhattan. Thanks for any info.

Sandra

Hi fellow cruisers, I will be sailing Cunard from Southampton to NY in 2019. Could someone please tell me where Cunard docks. I have read Brooklyn and also Manhattan. Thanks for any info.

Sandra

Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sandra

Which ship ?

To clarify and expand a bit...

The QM2 docks at Red Hook, Brooklyn. The QV and QE dock in Manhattan. Usually.

VERY rarely, the QM2 will dock in Manhattan, if the Red Hook piers are unavailable (after Hurricane Sandy, of if a big Princess ship is there). I suppose that the QE or QV could dock in Brooklyn, but I don't think they ever do.

Here's a link to the NY Port site that lists where the passenger ships scheduled to dock in 2018. (However, there can be changes or typos, so it still could change in unusual circumstances)

https://www.nycruise.com/schedule/

Not sure how accurate they are since I have a cruise scheduled for July 2018 and it does not show up.

I recall you've mentioned you are on the QM2 voyage departing July 1. If that's the one you mean, it is showing up on the "nycruise.com" schedule although it is listed as a "Transatlantic Crossing" rather than a "Canada & New England", so that may be why you were having trouble finding it.

To clarify and expand a bit...

The QM2 docks at Red Hook, Brooklyn. The QV and QE dock in Manhattan. Usually.

VERY rarely, the QM2 will dock in Manhattan, if the Red Hook piers are unavailable (after Hurricane Sandy, of if a big Princess ship is there). I suppose that the QE or QV could dock in Brooklyn, but I don't think they ever do.

Here's a link to the NY Port site that lists where the passenger ships scheduled to dock in 2018. (However, there can be changes or typos, so it still could change in unusual circumstances)

https://www.nycruise.com/schedule/

Thanks a lot Mark for explaining the different docks I was a bit confused. Thanks also for the link.

Sandra

I recall you've mentioned you are on the QM2 voyage departing July 1. If that's the one you mean, it is showing up on the "nycruise.com" schedule although it is listed as a "Transatlantic Crossing" rather than a "Canada & New England", so that may be why you were having trouble finding it.

Thank you. I think there is either something flaky with the website or my browser. Depending on how I fill in the selection criteria it shows up and other ways that I think make sense it does not.

Sandra

I asked Cunard on Twitter which NY Cruise Terminals do their ships dock in? - they advise:

Cunard

@cunardline

Following Following

@cunardline

Hi David, the port of which the ship docks in to will differ depending on what other ships are in port. It is always subject to change once it has been allocated, but I hope this helps :)

I asked Cunard on Twitter which NY Cruise Terminals do their ships dock in? - they advise:

Cunard

@cunardline

Following Following

@cunardline

Hi David, the port of which the ship docks in to will differ depending on what other ships are in port. It is always subject to change once it has been allocated, but I hope this helps :)

Thank you David for that information. It does help.

Sandra