Norweigan gem embarkation question

NIFTYPOPPY

The Gem has been sailing out of New York since December 2017. It seems that they do not dock at NY until 10:00 am which I think means that the debark process would not start before 11:30 or so. What time are the new passengers for the next cruise allowed to start boarding?

Pier 88, unless Breakaway is also in port then it is pier 90. Last March we sailed the Gem, which departed from 88 but returned us to 90 because Breakaway was returning to port the same day. At least that is what the porter told us. If you drive and park at the port, take note of which pier you parked. We didn't know about the port change, so finding the car when we got back was a little trickier than usual! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...

Welcome home to the Gem, she's running late today, on a cloudy morning, rain showers in the area. Just went under the VZ Bridge off Staten Island, approaching Statue of Liberty ... NYC ferry crossing the harbor, just barely visible on ship's live webcam.

Not going to dock at the pier till 9 am and even if quickly cleared, disembarkation will be closer to 9:30 am - could expect the rush to get off, especially those with flights to catch in a hurry. etc.

Then, the next wave probably arriving and get restless, wanting and eagerly waiting to get onboard. Happy sailing to those leaving & safe journety getting home, always sad to say goodbye to the Gem as we step off the gangway, back to reality.

ebddc9a0ad9ed45db459efb28d8f0459.jpg

The Gem has been sailing out of New York since December 2017. It seems that they do not dock at NY until 10:00 am which I think means that the debark process would not start before 11:30 or so. What time are the new passengers for the next cruise allowed to start boarding?

The Gem has been sailing out of NY for YEARS!!!

I sailed on the Gem February 2018 and the ship arrived in NYC around 10AM, boarding started at 12:30 PM.