Breakaway cocoa beach transfer question

stone1061

Hi,

If I just book the cocoa beach transfer rather than the beach and village transfer which is a little cheaper can I walk to the shops from the drop off point for the beach only transfer? Im sure we will need to walk off some of the great food we will be eating lol...thanks for any insight. Also, it says 30 minute duration on the NCl site. Im assuming the shuttle comes back at various times.. thanks

We just did this in March. We paid for the beach/village transfer but we ended up doing the beach only. I don't think the village is walking distance from the beach so if you are interested in going to the village, you will have to take the bus. When we got off the ship, the buses are all lined up ready to go to the beach and then to the village. I hope this helps.

We just did this in March. We paid for the beach/village transfer but we ended up doing the beach only. I don't think the village is walking distance from the beach so if you are interested in going to the village, you will have to take the bus. When we got off the ship, the buses are all lined up ready to go to the beach and then to the village. I hope this helps.

Yes this helps greatly! We are not interested in going to the beach mainly shopping and strolling around the area for a bit. Does anyone know what the cost of the buses that are waiting are in comparison to what NCL charges? thanks!

Yes this helps greatly! We are not interested in going to the beach mainly shopping and strolling around the area for a bit. Does anyone know what the cost of the buses that are waiting are in comparison to what NCL charges? thanks!

I don't know the difference in cost because we also used the shuttle from NCL. Just wanted to add that the shuttles run back to the ship every 30 min.

Cocoa Village and Cocoa Beach are nowhere near each other. They are at least 20 minutes and 10.2 miles apart. There is shopping in Cocoa Beach also but not like at Historic Cocoa Village. Google both of them and you see Cocoa Village is on the "mainland" (Historic Cocoa Village, 12 Stone St, Cocoa, FL 32922) and Cocoa Beach is between Port Canaveral and Patrick AF Base. Merritt Island is between them.

Downtown Coca Village is fine for strolling but not a whole lot of shopping, nearby is an indoor shopping mall with the usual ... just like those in one's hometown USA (not being able to bring back soda or bottled water, one less reason to go there).

Just outside the terminal in the parking/taxi area are plentiful ground transportation option - charged on a per person, shared ride basis - they will fill up the minivan or full-size van (there are also taxis, 4 door sedan) - rates are posted & regulated. It is cheaper than NCL's advertised rates. In fact, last 2 times sailing Breakaway, Shorex lowered their prices onboard to match the local rates in Canaveral @ $6 or $7 p/p one-way vs. higher round-trip fares on a coach (bus). Write them or ask the driver for his/her calling card & when you are almost ready to go back to the ship or elsewhere, just call them - ours came back to the meeting point in about 10 minutes, 15 at most.

We're in the village for about 90 minutes at most & then went back to the ship, ride time about 15 minutes. P.S. There is absolutely nothing to see around the cruise terminal/pier. Remember your water for hydration & hats for shade/sun protection.

For ideas, the Florida destination/port forum has local expertises, tips & ideas that you can browse thru or ask.