MIA Hotel to Vizcaya and/or Wynwood Walls

In Toronto

Staying at a hotel by Miami airport for flight home next day after cruise. If we drop off luggage at hotel (or if lucky, check in early) and then want to go out for the rest of the day and early evening, what are our options to get to Vizcaya and Wynwood Walls. I would assume taxi/Uber but anything else - not in that much of a rush so agreeable to using public transit. Does the Metromover go to the airport and then to those locations? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Ellen

Staying at a hotel by Miami airport for flight home next day after cruise. If we drop off luggage at hotel (or if lucky, check in early) and then want to go out for the rest of the day and early evening, what are our options to get to Vizcaya and Wynwood Walls. I would assume taxi/Uber but anything else - not in that much of a rush so agreeable to using public transit. Does the Metromover go to the airport and then to those locations? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Ellen

You should probably rent a car. Those two things are pretty spread out and you need a car for both neighborhoods. Vizcaya is in Coral Gables but does have a Metrorail stop. Wynwood Walls are in Wynwood and the best way to see it is to drive around.

You should also check out Coral Gables while you are there. The Biltmore is just spectacular.

actually the Vizcaya Metrorail station is less than a 1/2 mile walk from the museum. During the day your problem might be HEAT ... you can even cut thru the Museum of Science parking area ..... this is a pretty $$ neighborhood. Daytime walking should not be a risk.

and bus routes 12 and 48 go right past the front gate

enhance

altho I might add that greater Miami is not know for the quality of its public transportation ....

actually the Vizcaya Metrorail station is less than a 1/2 mile walk from the museum. During the day your problem might be HEAT ... you can even cut thru the Museum of Science parking area ..... this is a pretty $$ neighborhood. Daytime walking should not be a risk.

enhance

altho I might add that greater Miami is not know for the quality of its public transportation ....

Thank you for that information Capt BJ.

Yes, I am a little concerned about the heat. Will it be hot at Vizcaya itself or do you think the main problem will be in the transit?

enhance

Yes, I am a little concerned about the heat. Will it be hot at Vizcaya itself or do you think the main problem will be in the transit?

When will you be visiting? Vizcaya is built around a beautiful courtyard that is open to Biscayne Bay and the driveway up to the mansion. We visited in mid-September 2016 when it was warm (mid 80s). The house was pleasant but the gardens, which are lovely and definitely worth a visit, were hot. I do remember the gift shop and cafe were air conditioned but unfortunately they were severely damaged in Hurricane Irma this past September. I checked the website and they note that they have set up the cafe and gift shop in an air conditioned tent on the grounds.

You should probably rent a car. Those two things are pretty spread out and you need a car for both neighborhoods. Vizcaya is in Coral Gables but does have a Metrorail stop. Wynwood Walls are in Wynwood and the best way to see it is to drive around.

You should also check out Coral Gables while you are there. The Biltmore is just spectacular.

Vizcaya is in Coconut Grove and actually has its own Metrorail Station.

As to the OP. I would just Uber. Uber is pretty cheap and its makes it easy not having to worry about parking and gas. If you won't be going around to too many places it might be not much more expensive than renting a car.

Uber or rent a car is the best bet. Though I would rather just spend a little more on Uber for less than 24-hours and having to worry about parking, picking up the car, parking the car, gas, and dropping off.