"New" MSC Armonia

letsgoonholiday

The MSC Armonia is still undergoing a total refurbishment and lengthening at the yard in Palermo, Sicily. The first sailing is scheduled from Genova the 19th of November. There is a lot of new attractions onboard, have a look at the enclosed link. We have booked the Armonia for a 7 night January cruise out of Las Palmas, Gran Canaria. Can't wait:D

http://www.msccruises.com/gl_en/Images/16615_03_RENAISSANCE_SPACCATO_NAVE_tcm5-104089.pdf

MSC Sinfonia is the next ship out and she will undergo the same refurbishment and lengthening. She will be ready for your upcoming cruise:)

http://www.msccruises.com/gl_en/Ships/MSC-Armonia/Renaissance-Programme.aspx

• 3 weeks later...
MSC Armonia is on her maiden voyage as a stretched and revitalised ship. She looks very nice both inside and outside. The interior looks varm and cozy. Here is a video showing the ship :)

Thanks for the link. I'd considered doing this sailing - especially to try out the "new" balcony cabins but decided to wait for all the teething problems to be sorted and for the first reviews to come out.

What's with MSC and the water fountains? :D I like them though, even if they were turned off for most of our last cruise.

The refurbishment looks nice. One thing I find to be missing is a covered pool area, they're sailing in cold waters many months of the year. Same goes for other MSC vessels.

We got off the ship in second port of call Should had been 10 nights , they are still working on the ship as she sails,Sanding decks , a redish dust all around cabin 8086 deck 8 and we found the same on the key board in the customer relations managers office deck 5. We had to pay for and make our own way back to the UK :mad:

FOR PHOTOS e-mail me at magpiecarswirral@hotmail.com

We got off the ship in second port of call Should had been 10 nights , they are still working on the ship as she sails,Sanding decks , a redish dust all around cabin 8086 deck 8 and we found the same on the key board in the customer relations managers office deck 5. We had to pay for and make our own way back to the UK :mad:

So sorry to hear of your experience.:(

I had considered doing that sailing to see how the refit looked but decided against it as I've read of similar situations with refurbishments on other lines. Why are cruise companies not allowing the time needed in dry dock to complete the process before relaunching theses ships? (Rhetorical question!)

Interesting video, many thanks for the link.

Many things look the same but I can see there are changes all over the ship.

The MDRs appear to have both been given a total refit with La Pergola looking more formal with many more 4-tables and Il Rubino looking less formal, dare I say it, 'more of a diner', than before. Now, I just know that regardless of preference, MSC will allocate Aurea guests to La Pergola and Bella guests to Il Rubino with the Fantasica guests split between, probably according to cabin grade. They just do these things because they know best.

I recognised some of the staff in the video, especially the fearsome, moody waitress who we nicknamed 'Bubbles' on our Armonia cruise. She personally scared me off on the day of disembarkation when I had intended staying for lunch.

I will keep an eye out, as ever, for a good deal.

im sorry for your bad experience:(

i wonder why msc deployed the ship,while there are many works still unfinished.

They should wait untill all works finish properly,before giving back the ship to passengers use.

This is MSC decision or Financieri's decision?

just back from the Armonia inaugural cruise and after three very enjoyable previous cruises with MSC this was a major disappointment The ship was still being worked on with various different areas being cordoned off at different times, dust, smell of glue and paint being evident in a lot of places. With the exception of our waiters at our evening meal who were excellent service was chaotic throughout the ship and when you ordered some thing from bars or at the mdr you did not know what you were going to get or when you were getting it.

My main concern however is that MSC has added room for another 600 passengers without adding any more public space. The Buffet is the same, the Armonia lounge which used to be on deck 7 is now cabin space and has now been moved to deck 6 and is much smaller, the theatre is the same size so I do not what this ship is going to be like when full, I would hate to be on it

There is a new dining area added to the Marco Polo restaurant which will accommodate extra passengers and you can order pronto lunch and breakfast but took up to two hours to eat due to poor service.

All in all very poor

• 2 weeks later...
just back from the Armonia inaugural cruise and after three very enjoyable previous cruises with MSC this was a major disappointment The ship was still being worked on with various different areas being cordoned off at different times, dust, smell of glue and paint being evident in a lot of places. With the exception of our waiters at our evening meal who were excellent service was chaotic throughout the ship and when you ordered some thing from bars or at the mdr you did not know what you were going to get or when you were getting it.

My main concern however is that MSC has added room for another 600 passengers without adding any more public space. The Buffet is the same, the Armonia lounge which used to be on deck 7 is now cabin space and has now been moved to deck 6 and is much smaller, the theatre is the same size so I do not what this ship is going to be like when full, I would hate to be on it

There is a new dining area added to the Marco Polo restaurant which will accommodate extra passengers and you can order pronto lunch and breakfast but took up to two hours to eat due to poor service.

All in all very poor

So is it True you all got 20% off your next cruise with MSC ?

Yes it seems everyone got offered a 20% discount but such was the organization on the ship neither ourselves or our tablemates got the letter and only on reading a review found out about it. I contacted MSC and they forwarded same. Because our previous cruises with MSC were good I am sure we will make use of it though not on any of the extended ships.

Yes it seems everyone got offered a 20% discount but such was the organization on the ship neither ourselves or our tablemates got the letter and only on reading a review found out about it. I contacted MSC and they forwarded same. Because our previous cruises with MSC were good I am sure we will make use of it though not on any of the extended ships.

Hi Geoff

Is their any chance you could send me a copy , it would be of great help.

magpiecarswirral@hotmail.com or mayandnigel@gmail.com We were the two people that got off the ship and posted the fact that people got the 20% off

Kind regards & A Merry Christmas to you and your family

Looking forward to your review. We sail on the Armonía in March and are becoming quite worried with all the bad reviews. Are you now booked on cruising?

We are one of the people that gave MSC Armonia A BAD REVIEW, but remember this was it's first cruise after the so called refit which they were still working on. I am sure by the time you go on your cruise it will have all been sorted out. We have been on other MSC cruises and found them to be good value for the money you pay. Keep looking forward to your cruise , just don't book one after a refit

Hi all, this is my first post here and unfortunately its a negative one.

My partner and I were on the MSC ARMONIA relaunch cruise, our third cruise with Msc.

As others have said it was a disgrace, I regret not getting off early as others did. Our previous msc cruises were excellent but the Armonia cruise was torture. The ship clearly wasn't ready to carry passengers. I felt staff did their best but there was no covering up how poor the ship was.

I felt the 20% discount was an insult, all passengers should have been given a full refund.

I do like Msc but we will be slow to cruise with them again