Anyone book a BL balcony guarantee? What did you get?

Stockjock

We booked a balcony guarantee one time. We only did so because the cabins we would normally choose were booked as we booked only a couple of months before sailing. We thought that since we couldn't get what we wanted, we might as well save $100 and let Carnival choose the balcony cabin for us.

That was the first AND last time ever! We got a balcony below the Lido where there were carts being moved around all night. We were awakened repeatedly due to the noise. Our cabin was across from the steward's pantry and from 6AM on we heard them in the hall talking, getting ice etc.

I can see why that cabin is a guarantee cabin as no one in his/her right mind would ever book it. We learned a very important, to us, lesson. I know not everyone gets some undesirable cabin, but it's not worth taking a chance again as far as we are concerned.

I am bumping this post up. We just booked a BL guarantee on the Carnival Miracle. We should get our assignment soon. Did anyone else recently book BL? What did you get?

I have a Balcony GT on a courtesy on the Miracle, September 2nd sailing. I haven't booked a GT cabin in years! Part of me is a little nervous, but if we do turn this into an actual booking, it will be just the hubby and I and no kids which helps. I know it could be obstructed which is fine...but hoping to get upgraded to a non obstructed view!

OK- I'll jump in! I read the whole post hoping someone would answer this question, but since no one did, I'll ask:

What's a BL Guarantee?

Guarantee I get... BL? Not so much.

BL = Balcony. You can book Interior, Oceanview or Balcony Guarantees.

I forgot to share my last Carnival guarantee result. On Carnival Conquest 12/23/17 we booked three months before sailing BL guarantee. We were assigned a cabin about two weeks later (maybe a little less) and ended up with category 8E. There was also a price decrease, so that maybe had something to do with it. My travel agent recently told me that once they assign you a cabin, you aren't able to change it - even in the same category. Is that true?

I am bumping this post up. We just booked a BL guarantee on the Carnival Miracle. We should get our assignment soon. Did anyone else recently book BL? What did you get?

24 hours after our booking we got our assignment! We got a 8E cabin. We would like to change our stateroom within the same category, but our agent is telling us that once Carnival assigns a stateroom from a guarantee, it can't be changed. Does anyone know if this is true?