Carnival Ecstasy

I am thinking about of a cruise in September out of Charleston on the Ecstasy. I have been on this class of ship before, but not this ship. Has anyone sailed on the Ecstasy lately? What are the good things about this ship? Any information or thoughts would be helpful.:cool: :D;p

We really enjoyed our cruise on the Ecstasy last year. We liked the 2.0 upgrades (Guy's, Red Frog, Alchemy Bar, Waterworks) and the staff was great!

The Ecstasy is the 2nd oldest ship in the fleet, and there are some signs of her age and some wear and tear, but the crew does a really good job keeping everything clean and and as nice as possible.

• 2 weeks later...
i just posted a fairly long review of my cruise on the ecstasy. loved it. only downside was really felt the motion on a smaller ship

Do you have the link to your post or what was the title, I would be interested in reading it. I am going on this ship in June.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Ecstasy is great. I wouldn't go out of my way to fly into Charleston to go on her, but living in NC it's an easy drive - saves a lot of money and headache.

The crew on the Ecstasy is fantastic, and that has remained true on all the cruises I've been on. The food is great. The ship is older and smaller, but the number of guests is smaller too so it's not an issue.

I live in Charleston and we sailed on the Ecstasy back in October, so I can answer your questions about either the ship or the city. As mz-s said, I probably would not fly here to cruise (would most likely fly to Fla, bigger ships there and better iteneraries), but the Ecstasy is great for what it is.

It's an easy drive for many in SC/NC/GA, and Charleston's not a bad place to spend a day before your cruise. I see you're in NC so it's probably a great option for you- tons of NC people were on our sailing. Honestly, be prepared to meet your neighbors on the ship- almost everyone is from the same 3-4 states! At our roll call/meet and mingle, I met a guy who lives 4-5 miles down the road from me here in Charleston. Seriously.

The ship is older, smaller, and you do feel the boat's movement. We had great service, although we could tell that the staff seemed a little stressed. I think our sailing was full since so many people had to rebook after the hurricanes. I could tell the room stewards had more rooms to service, dining staff had more or larger tables, etc. Everyone was still super nice.

If you have any port questions or Charleston questions, just ask away.

Omg people, the ship doesn't move more because it's smaller. Rough seas and high winds will rock any ship. High winds and not seas is the primary culprit for a rocking ship. Newer and larger ships have a larger profile a can rock more. Also cruising out of Charleston in the middle of the Atlantic can have a lot to do with it depending on the weather!

I am thinking about of a cruise in September out of Charleston on the Ecstasy. I have been on this class of ship before, but not this ship. Has anyone sailed on the Ecstasy lately? What are the good things about this ship? Any information or thoughts would be helpful.:cool: :D;p

It's an old clunker.

Take it for what it is. It’s an older, smaller ship relegated to short, budget minded cruises out of a drive to port. As long as you go with realistic expectations, you will enjoy the experience.

About the motion comments, I will side with those who say that you do feel more motion on smaller, older ships that don’t have the most up to date stabilizing equipment. Granted, how the ride will be will depend greatly on the weather and sea conditions on your specific sailing. But if you place the 70,000 ton Ecstasy next to the 225,000 ton Oasis of the Seas in identical conditions and stateroom location, chances are that you’ll feel more motion on the Ecstasy.

When I started cruising (aboard older, ships that were less than 20,000 tons), the motion was such that bunk beds were equipped with belts to keep people from falling off the bed in rough seas!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums