Specialty dining - Sun

SPSGB

Last summer we went to Cagney's twice and loved it both times - great food and service. We also really enjoyed Teppanyaki. The chefs were so much fun and the food was really good. Moderno was just ok. The salad bar was good and the grilled pineapple was delicious, but I really didn't care for the majority of the meats. Most was overcooked for my taste, though service was fine. One night we didn't feel like a big dinner, so we just got some sushi to share and it was surprisingly good.

We didn't go to La Bistro, so I can't comment on that. The only time we were in La Cucina was for the suite breakfast and lunch which we thoroughly enjoyed - excellent service.

Overall we were very pleased with the food and service on the Sun - even in the MDR. It was our first NCL cruise and we had such a great experience that we currently have two more booked on the Gem and the Jade.

I’m considering a dining package on my up coming cruise on the Sun. For past cruisers on the Sun, did you visit any specialty dining venues and what are your thoughts? Thanks

Cagney's and Le Bistro are our favorites hands down. We also like Modernos but only if you want to sample small servings of many meats. The salad bar is awesome but not as good as in years past.

Cagneys and Los Lobos are our favorites. We ate at Lobos twice last week.

Here is another example of how subjective food is: I have talked to so many who love Los Lobos and yet we were totally disappointed. It just wasn't spicy enough to true Mexican food. At least to us and we have lived in So. Ca. NM, and Texas plus traveled in Mexico more than once. Maybe it is just us. As I have said, you are not the only one we have spoken with that did like Los Lobos.

• 2 weeks later...