Miracle vs Legend? (With kids)

My husband and I loves cruising prior to kids and now we are finally going on our first family cruise (kids ages 4 & 6).

We want to cruise from Tampa, so we have the Legend or the Miracle. Legend will cost slightly more, but it seems to get better reviews.

We won't leave them in the camps, but would love activities we could take them too.

Ideas from people who have been on both, specially people with kids?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

same class of ship, i wouldnt pay one bit of attention to a few reviews.

just my 2 cents.

Not sure why you dont want to leave them in camps with childrens activities. There are always the mind games onboard, but not really geared to 4 and 6 year olds, thats why they do the camps.

Other than swimming with them and just taking them around with you, idk.

I like guys but not the blue ignuanna. i like crispy tacos, not rolled up soft buritoes etc.

how much extra would you pay for guys?? there are always other places for hamburgers on a ship.

when they put in new items they take away something, so you still usually have about the same # of places to eat.

ive done ships with and without the 2.0 or other upgrades, no biggie to me, though as i said i like guys, but figure out what those hamburgers are worth to your family?? if thats the biggest thing.

and ok they add another bar in place of the old one, i guess i dont cruise for the bars, and find plenty of places i like to eat.

We have in and out burgers here in Dallas, i guess i just wouldnt pay extra for 2.0 ... and i have done both many times. not for basically the same ship.

and btw i loved miracle, though i never posted a review.

I like guys but not the blue ignuanna. i like crispy tacos, not rolled up soft buritoes etc.

how much extra would you pay for guys?? there are always other places for hamburgers on a ship.

when they put in new items they take away something, so you still usually have about the same # of places to eat.

ive done ships with and without the 2.0 or other upgrades, no biggie to me, though as i said i like guys, but figure out what those hamburgers are worth to your family?? if thats the biggest thing.

and ok they add another bar in place of the old one, i guess i dont cruise for the bars, and find plenty of places i like to eat.

We have in and out burgers here in Dallas, i guess i just wouldnt pay extra for 2.0 ... and i have done both many times. not for basically the same ship.

and btw i loved miracle, though i never posted a review.

Thanks for the info! No we won't pay more just for Guys lol! Things I read made it sound as though Miracle had no dining options other than MDR & buffet....do they still have sushi, pizza, grill by the pool??

Yes they still have the grill and sushi place as well as pizza pirate. The grill is better in my opinion because it offers more than just a burger like guys.

Thank you! If you have been on recently, do you know if the sushi is still free of charge? I'm reading conflicting things about that

Legend has better reviews cause it spends 7 months a year down here in Australia. We don't get unhappy or complain about anything... May-be if you steal my Dingo or leave beer out in the sun...

Yes it's a great ship..

Thank you! If you have been on recently, do you know if the sushi is still free of charge? I'm reading conflicting things about that

We are currently sitting on the Miracle waiting to Debark and the Sushi is not free on the Miracle. It is not outrageously priced, but definitely not free.

Legend has better reviews cause it spends 7 months a year down here in Australia. We don't get unhappy or complain about anything... May-be if you steal my Dingo or leave beer out in the sun...

Yes it's a great ship..

Lol!! Yes, we sailed Legend twice and I agree it's amazing!! I never had any real complaints with any of our cruises, maybe I am part Australian?! [emoji38] I can't wait to read some reviews once it is back here in Tampa

We are currently sitting on the Miracle waiting to Debark and the Sushi is not free on the Miracle. It is not outrageously priced, but definitely not free.

Oh boo! But thank you for the information! Not sure if yourself with kids, do you happen to know what the kiddie pool area is like? Will you be posting a review?