Triumph Outside Eating and SPA Area

Lizard755

We are considering taking a cruise on the Triumph after the Dry-Dock next year. We have two questions.

1. Is there any outside Aft area dining table close to the buffet? This is something we loved on the Celebrity Summit.

2. Is there a sauna or steam room complimentary in the SPA area?

Thanks

There is a complimentary steam/sauna in the spa.

And there are outside eating areas by the aft pool.

But fair warning: If you have been cruising Celebrity, a Carnival cruise is all about "FUN." There is a bit of wildness and lots of drinking. Comedians who do R-rated shows late in the evening. It's not a cruise for people who want to be "educated" and indulged. I'd suggest a Viking cruise if that is what you are looking for.

There is a complimentary steam/sauna in the spa.

And there are outside eating areas by the aft pool.

But fair warning: If you have been cruising Celebrity, a Carnival cruise is all about "FUN." There is a bit of wildness and lots of drinking. Comedians who do R-rated shows late in the evening. It's not a cruise for people who want to be "educated" and indulged. I'd suggest a Viking cruise if that is what you are looking for.

Above is just one person's opinion. Please take that into account.

This is coming from a world traveling, college educated business person. I like Carnival and their opinion is a little misguided and oversimplified.

Edited by wemjam

Just one person's opinion. Please take that into account.

And this is coming from a world traveling, college educated business person. I like Carnival.

For a moment there i thought i wasted 11 years of college and 4 degrees. We just turned platinum and love carnival. We meet nice people on every cruise and try to meet up again in small groups or large.

Triumph is going in for a 2 month dry dock - so if you want a good idea of what she will look like come 5/19, just look at the deck plans for Sunshine.

The short answer to your question is that the back of the Lido becomes Havana bar, encased in glass. It is a lovely area, but not outside. This is also where Cucina and JiJis are. Sunshine is our fav...and thrilled that when we take Triumph after dry dock she should have all her pluses!

Thanks for the opinions everyone! Although we have never cruised on Carnival, FUN sounds great to me....as long as my Cabin is relatively quiet. I think we will be booking this trip for next summer.

Thanks for the opinions everyone! Although we have never cruised on Carnival, FUN sounds great to me....as long as my Cabin is relatively quiet. I think we will be booking this trip for next summer.

I think you won't regret it. My favorite thing about Carnival is that nearly non-stop fun is available. At the same time there are many many quiet spaces where you can have quiet and relaxing times, contemplate the deep blue, read, or even nap.

There's more than one, two, or even three options always available to satisfy your every mood.

Happy sailing.

I do love Carnival. I only sail Carnival and I also have multiple college degrees (PhD). I've just seen people who come from other cruise lines slam Carnival because their expectations weren't realistic. The Carnival Triumph is an older ship. She has seen some wear and tear. I'm sure after she comes out of her next drydock she'll be beautiful and bright.

A Carnival Cruise is about FUN. And I like that. I have a great time, every time.

My first cruise was on Holland America. That being said, I was quite concerned about sailing on Carnival, I knew that it was going to be a different kind of cruise. I love Carnival. I'm getting ready to go on my 5th Carnival cruise next year, second time on the Triumph. A cruise is what you make it. Enjoy.