Meraviglia vs Seaside vs Armonia

molole

Simple answer: For a newbie the Armonia. But for someboys who expects to take only one cruise in his life with MSC* one of the other two :D

Not so simple answer: If you not write, what you want and expect from this ship, it is impossible to give you a good answer. And also how important the price is for you, I guess also on the US market the Armonia is much more budget friendly than the other two.

* To steal and remix a word from Michael O´Leary, the Great: The MSC ships are full of people who said before they will never cruise MSC again :)

Personally, I would recommend either Meraviglia or Seaside, purely because they are bigger ships with much more entertainment offerings and venues. Armonia is a small ship, with much less to see and do onboard (though the vibe on a small ship is sometimes better due to its more intimate atmosphere).

However, maybe the itinerary could help with your decision.

Thanks guys. I like small ships, but have to say Seaside looks amazing.

Years ago when I was on my very first cruise I spotted a gorgeous ship in distance from my balcony. It was MSC Poesia or some name like that. Always wanted to try the line ever since.

One thing I have to say is MSC with its unique room category structure can be a little overwelming to a newbie.

We're doing Armonia in January next because of Cuba being on the itinerary. We've been on her sister ship, Sinfonia, so know what to expect, ship-wise.

We've also been on Meraviglia; didn't care for the ship layout; it didn't have an MSC feel to it. Can't speak about Seaside as we haven't sailed on her; we'll be trying out her sister ship, Seaview, this time next year.

I think I probably won’t do Armonia. I already booked RCCL Empress with a killer Cuba itinerary.

My hesitation with Seaside is it doesn’t have the type of itineraries I am looking for. Unfortunately hubby, rest of the my family and friends are all cruising-for-ports type of people (if they are cruising at all) and a big new ship doesn’t entice any of them. And Seaside doesn’t visit any Caribbean ports that interest them.

Oh and Europe cruises don’t work either. They all prefer land based tours to destinations like Europe or Asia. I can’t do most cruises I want to do unless there is little or no single supplement.

Edited by molole

• 4 months later...

Gonna ressurect this thread With a little follow up question on Seaside vs Meraviglia. 

We`re fan of the bigger ships, but we also enjoy the promonade of RCCL for People watching and enjoying having a big spacious area inside aswell.  Afraid of being too claustofobic on Seaside without any promonade.   Also having my mother and her friend With us so need to convince her about not having a promonade.  any tips how to sell her Seaside?   Is it easy to navigate around the ship?

37 minutes ago, abbflex said:

Afraid of being too claustofobic on Seaside without any promonade.   Also having my mother and her friend With us so need to convince her about not having a promonade.

Are you familiar with the Waterfront Boardwalk on Seaside?

56 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Are you familiar with the Waterfront Boardwalk on Seaside?

Hi, no sorry.  Tried to google it now to see some Pictures, but couldnt manage to find a good one.  Is that a series of bars/resturant With outdoor seating?   Is it on both sides of the ship ?